Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

1st loss feeling numb....

Just an update had my 2nd sonogram & no further growth. Now the decision to do pills or D&C. I am leaning towards a D&C... I feel numb yet relieved I now know. I did all my crying last week & now I am in acceptance mode I think. 

Re: 1st loss feeling numb....

• I'm so sorry. We are here for you <3
  • So sorry for your loss
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I personally made the decision to do a D&C as it is quicker (I had mine 4 days after we saw no heartbeat), and sometimes if you do it naturally or take the pills you still have to do a D&C anyways. I hope you find peace with whatever decision you make.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• I am so sorry.  Hugs.  Like @AandDM2014 I decided to have a d&c to get the physical part over with faster.  I was under general anesthesia for mine and it was pretty (physically) painless.  I took cytotec a few days later to try to get out some retained material, and it was very difficult for me emotionally to administer the meds, so the d&c was the right initial move for me.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I personally have had two D&Cs and do not regret my decisions. I know many here have used cytotec and also were happy they went that route. All in all it comes down to your individual situation, what your provider recommends, and what you think you can handle. It's not easy ever to make that kind of decision. *hugs*
  • Thank you ladies for your words! I called the doc office& left a message to schedule a d&c. I guess my only fear is the scarring it can cause. I just can't imagine taking the pills & going thru that especially b/c I have a toddler. 
  • FWIW, I was told by my RE that both the pills and d&c were equally fine options in terms of preserving future fertility.  And another RE actually suggested that d&c carried lower risk of infection or being incomplete, so that was preferred.  Those opinions made me more confident in my decision to go with a d&c because it felt right for me in those circumstances.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
  • @BrightenMySky can you believe my doc called me back saying that this time they saw a yolk. There was a difference from last week. She doesn't want me to schedule anything till I get another bloodwork & sonogram to be 100%. Yesterday the technician & physician assistant told me not much growth happened. The doc still needed to review my chart. What a roller coaster ride. ...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a d&c because of my toddler, like you mentioned. I also appreciated that most of my pregnancy symptoms went away immediately. 

Whoah just read your newest post! So there is hope? Did I read that right? 
  • @Magallyta that's good news, but what an emotional rollercoaster.  Fx that this is only a very bad scare for you.  And if it's not, as long as your doctor doesn't tell you that you need to take quick action to protect your health, you can take all the time you need in any case.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
  • Ohmygoodness what a roller coaster! I have my fx for you and please keep us updated <3
  • I really hope and pray you get good news. Keep us posted. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Thank you ladies! Not losing hope especially if the doctor is not. I was prepared to have a d&c this week. Doc wants another round of bloodwork & sonogram. It's in Gods hands now. 
  • Update: so I had the bloodwork done & my levels are indeed lowering. Doc is giving me a few days to try to have a natural miscarriage if not I will have a d&c done. Thank you for all the support on here. I am doing ok......
  • Shoot :( I'm so sorry. I was really hoping for you. Here for you if you need anything <3
  • So sorry for your loss and the rollercoaster ride as well waiting is never fun.  I have a toddler as well when I just went through my mc last week. I did naturally miscarry and luckily in my experience it was pretty quick a few days of bleeding  and I woke up at 2 am with some heavy pain and within a few hours I passed everything my level are still lowering but at a quick rate. I was thankful it happened over night and not when ds was awake but i did have family staying close just in case when my dh wasn't home. Goodluck and I hope anyway it goes its q uick and as painless as possible.