November 2016 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 4/23

Week: 

What's new with baby (size, development):

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment: 

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 4/23

• Week: 9

What's new?: No longer an embryo, now a fetus. 

Something new to get ready for baby?: Nada. I did tell my mom after seeing the HB @ my appointment. We'll probably tell hubby's parents soon, or maybe wait until Mother's Day. 

Rant/Rave/Symptoms/Question: Ate a bunch of avocado last night. Tasted really good as I was eating it. Made me feel barfy after. Ugh! My "morning sickness" seems to be worse in the evening. 

Next appt: 5/17

GTKY: My mom. She can't even tell little white lies. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DunkinDecafDunkinDecaf member
    edited April 2016
    Week: 11

What's new?: baby is the size of a lime

Something new to get ready for baby?: I might brainstorm ideas for a little gender reveal since we find out in 2-3 weeks. I think we'll just post a photo on Instagram/Facebook once we find out the sex and that'll be our only pregnancy announcement.

Rant/Rave/Symptoms/Question: Still nauseous and headachey, but not quite as fatigued anymore. My abdomen doesn't look any different but it feels very different. I can tell my uterus has pushed my bladder over to the right because in the mornings before I pee there's a silly little bump on the right side.

also, rant. Bump mobile is being super wonky and annoying this morning, hence the edits because it keeps posting before I'm done writing.

Next appt: May 5th I have the genetic screening and NT scan

GTKY: My husband. He can't lie to save his life, and it makes me crazy that he never tells me his friends' secrets. I tell him everything always so I get grumpy that he actually keeps his word and doesn't blab to me everything always.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Week: 10 (my due date moved up a day, but I'm going to stay with the Saturday)

What's new with baby (size, development): Baby's an olive! Quarter of the way through.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Starting to think about telling people.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: None today. Trying to focus on being pregnant today and not freaking out about what we will find out at the NT scan or when our Panorama results come back.

When is your next appointment: just has my panorama blood draw, NT scan on May 10th. I'm sure my anxiety will be out of control!

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know? My brother. He's like freaking honest Abe and and it drove me crazy as kids, but today it's nice knowing I can trust him beyond a measure of a doubt.
  • Week:  12

What's new with baby (size, development):  Size of a plum!  Development is mostly done, and now it's the growth phase from here on out!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:  Nothing really new this week.  We're waiting for our u/s to make us really feel like it's definitely real, and then the planning will begin in earnest.  :)

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  This morning, I woke up pretty early and got up to pee.  Upon standing up, my head felt like it was about to explode, and the room started to spin.  I stumbled into the kitchen,ate a yogurt, took some Tylenol, and went back to bed.  My husband came in a couple of hours later and laid down next to me to read our new weekly update on the app (our new Saturday morning tradition.  He burst out laughing when we got to the last part of the quote.  Right on schedule, apparently.   :|

"Things are changing fast. You’re reaching the home stretch of the first trimester (we know, finally!) at 12 weeks which means your hormones are likely to tone things down a bit—which might make you feel a little less emotional! And it will probably help the symptoms subside a bit too. One warning though: your morning sickness and fatigue might get replaced by headaches and dizziness."

When is your next appointment:  Ultrasound on Monday!!!  Finally, after 2 long months of waiting!

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know?  Hmmm, probably my husband.  I can't think of a time I ever caught him outright lying to me.  He tends to just neglect to mention certain things he doesn't want me to know sometimes, but he's a pretty terrible liar, which is a good thing!  He had to lie to his brother, who outright asked him if I was pregnant around Easter (no idea what make him suspicious, since he lives in another state).  He had a pretty tough time doing that, and luckily it was via text, not face to face.  My parents are both pretty honest, as well.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Week: 11

What's new with baby (size, development): lime

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: nada

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: still puking. Evenings are the worse. 

When is your next appointment: 12 week NT scan on Friday. 

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know? I am. I refuse to directly lie. That being said, I know how to be evasive and tell the truth selectively. But those who truly know me, know that they can get a truth if they hold out for a simple "yes/no" answer. 
    I've probably been on The Bump longer than you have.

After 31 cycles, baby boy K (IUI) born 11/03/11

BFP (Femara) - 08/09/13 m/c around 6 weeks. xoxox Baby April

Rainbow baby girl E (Femara) born 11/16/16
  • Week: 9

What's new with baby (size, development):  The One Ring (wooohoooo) and primitive eyes.  Also a fetus now, rather than an embryo.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:  I started a registry yesterday mostly accidentally.  There was one thing I was looking at that was recommended, and I wanted to put it somewhere so I wouldn't forget and thought, "okay, I'll just start an Amazon Baby Registry and not make it public yet, then I can slowly add things when I want to later."  Yeah, four hours later it's a freaking real registry.  Though still private.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I feel like my nausea has managed to kick up even worse the last 3-4 days.  Even with the drugs, I've puked violently at least once the last two days.

When is your next appointment:  hmmm... Bloodwork sometime around May 9, I think.  Actual OB appointment May 13, then NT scan May 15.  After that week, I have a feeling I'll be looking around like, "okay, got all that done. What do you mean we don't do anything now for a few more weeks?"

GTKY: Huh, I don't know. I guess I think most of the people I know are mostly honest.  Don't know that I could single one out really over the others.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Week: 12

What's new with baby (size, development): Baby is the size of a plum

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Nothing just yet. We're just trying to save as much as we can right now.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I haven't been as completely exhausted as before, but I'm noticeably more tired than usual after work. I've always had vivid, ridiculous dreams, but pregnancy has brought out some crazy stuff. I also bought my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday, and they are soooo comfortable.

When is your next appointment: May 13th 

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know? Definitely my dad. He never sugar coats anything, but he is never malicious. He just has a way of saying "these are the facts, this is what's going on," without making you feel like he's being judgmental or hurtful. He's a really hilarious person, but when life gets serious, he always gives the best advice based on facts and not emotions.
  • How could I have forgotten?! "We" told the ILs yesterday.  And by that, I mean H told them.  Which I would be 100% fine with and probably actually prefer if not for the fact that he did it over EMAIL.  *rolls eyes*

@shamrocandroll and @carlatron - GL with your scans this week!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Week: 10w3d - My OB changed my due date to November 16 (I had EDD 11/19 based on O), but she said since my ultrasounds have been consistently a couple of days ahead, we're moving the due date. I guess I'll be posting with the Wednesday gals going forward. But it's been fun, Saturday crew! 

What's new with baby (size, development): Kumquat. Vital organs are fully developed and starting to function! 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:  I bought a small photo book from Michael's that I'm putting all my ultrasounds in. Eventually (hopefully) we'll be adding pics of baby too! 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  Like I mentioned, I had my first official prenatal appointment yesterday, and new due date is 11/16. Baby was still growing, and looked huge compared to last time on the scan. I might finally post a pic in the ultrasound thread. I think it kind of looks like a monster right now, though... 

So, I've not seen baby move on a scan yet. We sat there for a minute looking, and s/he never moved at all. Good HB, but no movement. I feel like other people always say baby was "dancing around", but my little kumquat never moves... The doctor wasn't concerned, but I wish we had seen it move a little bit. Maybe it's a boy and taking after DH? Apparently he was a very good sleeper and didn't even start crawling until very late. He was a very lazy baby. I was the opposite... 

When is your next appointment:  I need to schedule my NT scan, and they also have me schedule my 20 week anatomy scan at that time as well. 

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know? Me. I don't mince words, and sometimes am a bit too blunt for sensitive snowflaykes. I can edit myself on the internet, but editing happens a lot less frequently IRL. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DunkinDecafDunkinDecaf member
    edited April 2016
    @MissAmeliaPond I'm glad you had a good appointment! I'm sure you've heard this other places, but before your next u/s try drinking a bunch of OJ! That'll get the little bean jumping around for sure!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SRose109 thank you! Yeah, I searched around last night and the tips on the internet said to have something sugary like juice or a candy bar before you go to the u/s! Hopefully it'll work for our NT scan!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

What's new with baby (size, development):  Fig, no longer has webbed fingers and toes and can hiccup now 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Got daycare rates and then practically cried because it's going to be soooooo expensive with 2 in daycare <sigh>

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Heard the heartbeat via Doppler this past Thursday and it was amazing, I got teary eyed.  We saw a heartbeat a few weeks ago during the dating scan but this was the first time hearing it. 
    Also got drawn for my cell free testing so really looking forward to good news and finding out the sex soon.

When is your next appointment: 5/19 for just a regular prenatal visit 

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know?  Probably my husband, he's a call it like it is kinda guy...almost to a fault but I always know he's being honest and I can trust him.  Everyone else I know is full of it lol

• Week: 12

What's new with baby (size, development): Plum

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: We took DD to the NY Yankees game today. We're trying to do as much 'special' stuff as possible with her before baby comes. We're also planning a birthday party for DH next weekend when we'll tell friends about baby and, if results are in, find out the gender with everyone. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Still super lucky. Just fatigue and even that is fading. Having major trouble finding clothes that fit enough to keep hiding my bump at work. This second kid stuff is no joke - it's pretty obvious I'm KU - it's like my body recognized exactly what to do so popped already. 

When is your next appointment: May 19 

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know? My mom. If she tries to lie, it's completely transparent and she can't keep it up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

What's new with baby (size, development): baby is the size of a lime

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: just waiting. with my dd I did everything so early and at the end when I wanted to nest everything was done so I've been attempting to chill...we will see how long that lasts. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Not too much this week. I don't know how people are finding things with dopplers already. I'm itching to hear something but not stressing about it. 

When is your next appointment: may 2 where we will get our blood work tests and the NT scan. Next week better fly by.

GTKY: Who is the most honest person you know? Its probably me. In middle school I copied one answer on a test and had so much guilt that a few days later I had to tell my mom so I could sleep again. The guilt is so stressful to me that it isn't worth it. This also goes for white lies. If someone asks me something they get the truth...which has killed keeping this a secret. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker