September 2016 Moms

Will i go past full term again?

So with my first pregnancy i went on to 41 weeks pregnant until they induced me with my son. It was very crazy but in glad he had his time to develop. Then i had my miscarriage back in October. Baby was only 9 weeks. Now with this baby I'm 20 weeks in. But what I'm trying to ask is could i go full term or past full term again with this little one? Is there a chance after a miscarriage going into early labor? Just curious. 

Re: Will i go past full term again?

• Every pregnancy is different, there is really no way of telling until baby actually makes his/her appearance!  I wouldn't stress about it- a few weeks difference isn't that big a deal in the course of life.
  • camichael84camichael84 member
    edited April 2016
    No one can predict that for you. Like previously mentioned, every pregnancy is different. A Google search tells me you are at no additional risk for preterm labor because you experienced a miscarriage, if that is your worry.

• Loading the player...
  • You can't predict it, every pregnancy is different. My first son was 10 days early, so for my second I started my maternity leave 2 weeks before the due date to prepare. Well he was 2 days late. I was walking around for 2 weeks dilated 4 cm before I went into labor. I thought the baby was going to just fall out of me one day.
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited April 2016
    I don't think you can go past full term. Like post-full-term term isn't a thing. You've either made it to the "full-term," which I believe is technically 37 weeks (correct me if I'm wrong), or you don't. 

ETA: I might be wrong, I'm not a medical professional - please correct me if I am!
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo, full term is 40 weeks and many practices allow the mother to go up to 42 weeks as long as mom and baby are healthy. And no, as an RN I can assure you that a prior 9 week miscarriage will have no bearing on your changes of delivering early with this baby
  • Yes, that's correct. Labor will not be stopped if the mother is past 36 weeks
  • Thanks ladies. I know i sound crazy and im not asking anyone to predict if baby will be early or late. I just want to know if your body reacts the same for every labor. And different after a miscarriage. Thank you.