Girl name poll 91 votes

Chelsea
67% 61 votes
Carly
32% 30 votes

Re: Girl name poll

• karlimonsterkarlimonster member
    edited April 2016
    Does it have to be a "c"? Obviously I'm biased, but Karli/Karly is so much stronger to me. 

Also, I've never met a Karli and always vote for the less common name. :)
  • I prefer Chelsea although I can't really pinpoint why. Carly seems more like a NN to me even though it's not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Chelsea

it just seems better suited for all ages. While I know an adult Carly it just gives me more a toddler/child vibe 

• Chelsea. 

Carly feels, forever 5.

I think Carla nn Carly is  bit more dignified. 
  • I work with an adult female named Carley and I don't feel it sounds childish at all. I like it! 
  • Definitely Chelsea. I agree that it is a better name for an adult. Also, Carly just makes me think of Carl, which is a horrible name IMO. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• I'm a Carly and personally wouldn't choose it. While I like my name and no one I've met seems surprised by the fact that I'm an adult with a name from a kid's TV show (obviously I was named many years before iCarly) it's not exactly my style and does feel rather nicknamey. On the other hand, I do receive a lot of compliments on my name. I know very few Carlys in spite of my being a middle school teacher; it's not at all common in my area. 

Chelsea is also not my style but it's cute. 
  • I prefer Chelsea although I can't really pinpoint why. Carly seems more like a NN to me even though it's not.
      Exactly this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    For those of you who feel like Carly is more of a nn, what about Caroline nn Carly? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    Does it have to be a "c"? Obviously I'm biased, but Karli/Karly is so much stronger to me. 

I am team K all the way but DH was leaning towards Carlee *puke* I managed to compromise to Carly to get rid of the nasty EE. I like Karley but Karly looks weird to me.
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    Also I had a dream I was having a baby girl and named her Chelsea Blair a month before we became pregnant and DH just loved it so that is why we have that on the table. Carly has been my guilty pleasure girl name. I love Carly (née Caroline Spencer) Corinthos from General Hospital, I would never admit to that IRL though haha.
  • Eko14 said:

I am team K all the way but DH was leaning towards Carlee *puke* I managed to compromise to Carly to get rid of the nasty EE. I like Karley but Karly looks weird to me.
    Don't be afraid of Karli ;) I seem to be in the minority, but I like my name a lot and I feel it really suits me. Like pp mentioned it doesn't nn easily. Family calls me Kar or fn mn. 
  • Eko14 said:
    For those of you who feel like Carly is more of a nn, what about Caroline nn Carly? 
    I really like this option, more so than Chelsea!