Trying to Get Pregnant

NBR: What's everyone drinking this weekend?

It sounds like quiet a few of us are experiencing beautiful weather this weekend, so what is everyone's choice of drink? 

Here's mine:

delicious Apothic red wine!

10/2/10  <3
Me:29 H: 31
TTC#1: Aug 2015
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

Re: NBR: What's everyone drinking this weekend?

• I made orange pineapple smoothies tonight that we had with our burgers H made on our new grill we bought today!  H added vodka to his smoothie, perhaps I will add some to mine tomorrow if I get the result I'm expecting in the morning...
  • I have a bottle of Sangria waiting for me if I get the results I'm expecting tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • FX for tomorrow @DoctorDonna and @Sparty18 Hope you guys get the results your looking for!

I do love a good bottle of sangria though and a vodka smoothie sounds delicious!

10/2/10  <3

• What is everyone's view on drinking during the TTW? Just curious! I drank a Vodka Cranberry with a splash of Pineapple tonight. It was delightful!

• Major budgeting over here. This will hopefully be the "poorest" we will ever be. (just really avoiding any more student loans before DH graduates next month). So, we have cut out any and ALL expenses that are even slightly frivolous for the next month until we have an income. I'm sad. This means so alcohol purchase. I have an almost full bottle of wine that needs to last for the next few weeks. Oh well, that's being an adult I guess. On May 21st (the night before DH's graduation ceremony) we are going to have some crazy times. ;) 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had a huge new brewery opening here today. Major pedigree for the Brewers and a much-anticipated event. I drank so many things, you guys. So, so many things. 
  •  @KatieB2014 I am mostly in the boat of drink til it's pink, but I am more caution of it in the TWW, especially towards the end. I love vodka cranberry! 

@mrsstuessy That takes some great self-control and self-discipline! Good on ya! You guys are so close to the finish line. :smile: 

10/2/10  <3

• Just made a mixed berry with pom and acai juice smoothie! Yum.
  • @KatieB2014 Drink til pink for me, too--but I'm 8dpo and so close to getting an answer (and feeling so overconfident, yikes) that I'm trying to be a bit careful about not overdoing it.

So on that note, I had a Cassis lambic tonight. Mini ABV!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • I was at a tap room last night and had this amazing pineapple hard cider. So good! 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @KatieB2014 For me, the first half of the cycle is fair game and then I've been taking it easy during the TWW. Not like a crazy person, just not drinking for the sake of drinking. I just feel better about it but I know lots of people 'drink till it's pink' and they get no judgement from me on that.
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• @PepperAT- I like the way you think, lady!
  • @DoctorDonna Drink it, girl. Time is arbitrary anyway. ;)

Last night I went to a family BBQ and we had pomegranate lemonade with vodka. So good. It was like drinking summertime. I definitely had more than one.  

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am drinking all of the things this weekend! Friday we had a bowling outtie with my work.. We drank Lucille IPA mostly. One of my faves!!

Yesterday was my aunt and uncles anniversary party. I was drinking Fremont IPA and my DH was drinking Black Butte porter. We had a date night and drank Andrew Will Sorella. Amazing wine. Any wine-os out there, try Andrew Will!!!

Today... Coffee for now. I'm going to a BBQ in a few so I might drink. Its been a pretty heavy weekend of drinking haha so I may skip it for today! 
  • The local brewery released their summer raspberry beer so I had some of that. It's really good!
  • Starbucks Reserve Columbia roast!  We used it a few days before we were supposed to, but we are big fans.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• My plan is generally to drink during CD1-7 and skip the rest. I follow drink til its pink for an occasional drink if I have a special reason like an extra nice meal out or avoiding 20?s from those who don't know we're TTC. It makes it so I have a nice treat to look forward to if AF does come, helps me cut some calories (and our tab!), and I like easing into some of the changes so theoretically I won't be dealing with first trimester fatigue/hormones at the same time as cutting caffeine and booze. So I even now only do coffee at places we go to regularly and they would raise an eyebrow if I suddenly asked for decaf. Last night we went to one of our favorite neighborhood bars and had some beers and I had some real coffee this morning. 

@PepperAT I really like your kitchen!!

@Sparty18 Those sound really good. Dang. Now I have a serious smoothie craving.

@MonaLisaRalphio That sounds awesome! Let us know how it is. 

@mrsstuessy Good for you guys! It will all pay off soon!

@DoctorDonna Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. 

@Lecool That sounds really good. 

@SDSwenson Lucille is one of the best! 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Re: "Drink til it's pink"... This might sound dumb but I tend to abstain more during WTO than TWW. I think drinking during the TWW is fine as long as you don't overdo it and I've noticed progesterone during the TWW works really well since I typically can't handle more than a drink or two anyway without feeling nauseous or done :)

I had the most ridiculously fancy cocktail last night in terms of presentation, not knowing how crazy it was going to be. Rye, reposado tequila, amaretto, spiced simple, apple bitters, alpine herb bitters, cheyenne... it was called the "smoke and spice" and I just thought it was called that because the rye was going to be smokey... 

But they come out with a cedar plank, a glass, a carafe filled with the cocktail itself, and a culinary torch... sit the plank on the table, light it on fire right in front of me, extinguish it, then have me sit the glass upside down on the plank for 15 seconds and then pour the drink from the carafe into the smoke-filled glass.

Didn't taste mind-blowing or anything (kind of sweet for my liking, but I'm really into bitter and sour flavor profiles) but it was REALLY cool to see and do.
  • Not Your Father's Root Beer. It was yummy. I just wish beer didn't make me feel so yucky. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mom and sis have been in town with toddler in tow, so I haven't been able to partake until tonight.  I made fresh squeezed limeade for them and there's a ton leftover.

GUESS WHO IS HAVING LIME SHANDY AWE YISS.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @PepperAT @Kiki75 Thanks for the encouragement. It is rough, but we are so close! Exactly one month from today DH will be totally done with school, forever. I did buy a candy bar from some cute little boys raising money for their baseball team at the park yesterday. But that doesn't really count, because it is basically charity, right? ;) 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker