July 2016 Moms
Options

Bottoms Up! What's Your Post-Baby Beverage of Choice?

13»

Re: Bottoms Up! What's Your Post-Baby Beverage of Choice?

• Options
    austinjl said:
    I second the summer shandy.  Or a strawberry margarita.  The virgin one I had last week sucked.....
    Tequila is everything.... I've been dreaming about a good margarita for weeks
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I LOVE BOOZE! But surprisingly that's not what I'm missing. I have been dying for a Monster Energy Ultra Sunrise since the day I found out I had baby on board. I already bought a case and put them in the fridge lol.
  • Options
    I'm actually really craving a cigar right now 
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 me too! I mentioned that to my husband the other day and he gave me the weirdest look. I want one so badly though!
  • Options
    DH asked me the other day what "off-limits" food/drink I will consume first, and I think @jlmartinez517 just made the exact perfect suggestion!!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    BettyRuBettyRu member
    I'll answer... but this is the WORST thread!  I can't look through all your lovely drink ideas....  Sangria for me!  
  • Options
    I too have been not having caffeine, so first will be a cherry coke!  And then Apricot Blonde by Dry Dock....mmmmmm

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    @sboston06 They sell Russian River beers on the east coast?! How did you get the Pliny?
  • Options
    Margaritas and ALL the wine!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @TiffRox81 - They do not! One of DH's friends went to CA for something and brought it back for him, but he doesn't care for it so he saved it for me. I know it isn't supposed to be aged, but we got it in November so I think it still should be good in July :) I've only had Pliny a handful of times, and it's either been when I went to CA or when someone brings it back for me!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @sboston06 Oh ok!! I'm sure it will still taste delicious! I live in the northern California area and that beer is quite coveted and hard to find even in its local region. Enjoy!!
  • Options
    jkh89jkh89 member
    I have a mental list of all the things I want to drink and in what order. I've been thinking about alcohol since like...November.

1. Champagne
    2. Super dry red wine
    3. Margarita
    4. Old Fashioned
    5. Mimosa
    6. Coffee stout
    7. Gin & Tonic
    8. REPEAT.
  • Options
    I've never in my life cared about margaritas, but ever since I got pregnant this time, I've craved them. So I'll be having a beautiful, big ole frozen margarita. 
  • Options
    Oh my god I didn't see this thread til now. I was doing pretty well with not missing alcoholic drinks until the weather started warming up and barbecue/campfire season started. Now I want an ice cold beer or shandy while sitting in the sun, a glass of wine (any wine at this point), a spicy Caesar, or any of the drinks in the pictures you all posted. My only consolation is that unlike last time (I got pregnant with DD in April) I only have to forfeit part of this summer to no drinks, not my whole summer.

A friend of ours made me and his pregnant wife a virgin Caesar a month ago or so and while it was delicious, it didn't quite do the trick.
  • Options
    I am concerned. I love me some booze and all first trimester, I wanted a delicious beer but the last few times I've sipped on someone's beer or wine, it has tasted super off to me. Things I love now taste like medicine. If this baby stole my ability to appreciate the deliciousness that is a good drink, I'm going to be so peeved. I'm blaming the hormones.  
    @CorkySinclair I'm behind but my first beer after DD was born, I drank 1/2 of it and realized I just was not into it at all. Wine tasted super strong to me, too. It wasn't permanent though!
  • Options
    I don't want to be a Debbie downer but so far the few sips of beer I have had after having Henry have not tasted fantastic. I think it will get better the more I try...I think part of it is I feel a little guilty since I'm pumping and I'm worried about it getting into my milk. But don't worry I'm not giving up on beer summer will be here soon so I'll keep trying to drink for all of you until you have your babies! :) 
    Anniversary