July 2016 Moms
Options

Bottoms Up! What's Your Post-Baby Beverage of Choice?

Re: Bottoms Up! What's Your Post-Baby Beverage of Choice?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    omg, these all sound AMAZING! I would like one of your ladies choices please! LOVE Not Your Father's Rootbeer! Also LOVE sangria! That fruity sangria recipe is calling my name! I usually drink the Yago brand and pair it with cut up some oranges, apples, strawberries and limes and let them ferment in a pitcher and eat the fruit after it soaks up that glorious wine. ::::SALIVATING:::: THANKS LADIES :s   
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Angry Orchard, moscato, long island, that sangria recipe.. A little bit of everything!
  • Options
    Mmm red wine! My favorite is Oliver soft red. Cheap and smooth! Haha I also really want a beer but I hate gluten free beer (celiac disease sucks!) So probably a big glass of angry orchard. Mmm
  • Options
    Red wine, preferably a sangiovese or a montepulciano. Margarita, rocks, extra salt. Maker's Manhattan with a dark cherry. Yum. 
  • Options
    Pinot Noir! Since it'll be summer, a nice, cold beer would also be nice! My brother home brews and always gives us stuff. It'll be nice when I can drink them again!
  • Options
    I normally don't drink, but I've been craving a strawberry daquari. My DH makes the best one ever! 
  • Options
    Sex on the Beach if I'm in a fruity mood. Budweiser is my beer of choice but my go to is Crown and Coke or Crown on the rocks. On Halloween (had no idea I was pregnant) opened/finished my Tennessee moonshine and hit downtown pretty hard. It was a pretty great night hahaha 
  • Options
    IB113IB113 member
    Chilled dry rose on the patio.
  • Options
    Peach Bellini, sweet wines, hard ciders or wheat beers. Man, come on summer and babies! 
  • Options
    kellz14kellz14 member
    edited April 2016
    A big tall cup of 100% kona coffee.  I've been on decaf and half-calf so far.

Other than that, and a nice glass of red wine - A caipirinha made with Leblon cachaca :) As much as I love margaritas and mojitos, this beats em IMO
    https://whatsgabycooking.com/caipirinhas/#.U5sLS5SMbZm

ETA: I'm also a huge IPA fan and love that so many ladies are too. DH is not a fan of beer at all. My fridge is stocked with all kinds of craft beers that I like to share with folks when they come over.  They always assume they belong to DH and were picked out by him - but no danggit they're my picks!  
  • Options
    I've already made a list of all the breweries I want to go to this summer after baby is here. It's currently hanging on my fridge... No shame!
    Oh man! That makes me want to go winery hopping!  There's this great little winery near where I live and I was so disappointed I couldn't have any of their Christmas plum wine.  I am making a point to go right after she's here!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@elenabrent doubt I will be saying this 1 year from now but *cheers* to indulging in moderation :)

• Options
    A giant glass of red wine. I've missed it so!
  • Options
    BEER. Or a margarita. Or one of those margaritas with an upside down Corona in it. I would drink moonshine at this point. Can't wait. 
  • Options
    Rumchata and espresso on ice, please. All of it.
  • Options
    @jlmartinez517 Totes agree! I still have my white hat on!!! The Limited had an Olivia Pope line which I shamelessly shopped from. I was never brave enough to drink red wine while wearing any of those clothes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @elldel @Kellyj103 @jlmartinez517 Olivia's giant bowl of popcorn soaks up any wine spills! 
    #goals

DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I have a bottle of Pliny the Elder IPA waiting for me. Also looking forward to a margarita, and maybe some of those sangria recipes people are posting. I'm not a big sangria drinker but I love all the beautiful fruit!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    Margaritas of any type or flavor
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    @maddmama It was harder last pregnancy when I was drinking probably 2 Diet Cokes a day. I quit when I knew I was pregnant and sometimes my eyes were closing by afternoon. In the early baby days last time, it felt necessary to get a lot of caffeine to be able to not drop DD while nursing or holding her. When we got through that phase though, I tried to make it less of a habit and maybe drink something with caffeine only 2 or 3 times a week. It also helps that I HATE coffee and tea.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @maddmama It was harder last pregnancy when I was drinking probably 2 Diet Cokes a day. I quit when I knew I was pregnant and sometimes my eyes were closing by afternoon. In the early baby days last time, it felt necessary to get a lot of caffeine to be able to not drop DD while nursing or holding her. When we got through that phase though, I tried to make it less of a habit and maybe drink something with caffeine only 2 or 3 times a week. It also helps that I HATE coffee and tea.
    That would help!! I think it's extra hard because I loveee coffee haha. I'll get bad headaches without caffeine and the only thing that would cure them in end of 1st and early 2nd tri would be taking Tylenol with coffee. And I got them every day. So I decided a cup of coffee a day was fine and it has kept my headaches away thankfully! I did stay away from caffeine until I was about 13 weeks pregnant, though!