December 2016 Moms
Options

BTDT Moms - Your time

I'm seriously struggling to carve out time and energy for myself right now. When I have a moment to myself I just want to run up and jump in my bed.
What are you interested in outside of being a mom - and how do you make time for those things?
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: BTDT Moms - Your time

• Options
    I'm practically a teenage boy - today to carve time for myself I played playstation 4 and watched Star Wars.  :smile:   I wanted to nap instead but reminded myself that the time left to do things all by myself is growing shorter every day!
  • Options
    Honestly, when I have 30+ minutes I do crawl in bed.  My favorite interests are not quick options: golf, hiking, camping, paddle boarding, cayaking.  I did get out and garden for a bit yesterday instead of napping, it was nice.  I'm going to start doing yoga while DS naps.  I think I can stick with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    On the rare occasion when all three kids are amusing themselves, I'll hit the couch with a book for a few minutes.  That pretty much guarantees that someone will need me for something within two minutes!  I enjoy working out and photography as well, but those can't really be fit into 10 minute slots.
  • Options
    We are members at our local YMCA, so my "me" time has become working out while they're at childwatch.  Also, they're young enough that they will still take a nap in the early afternoon, so I generally take that time to eat lunch in peace and bump/surf the net/watch a favorite tv show.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    My "me" time is hard to find, but I really like to take my dog for really long walks. It's an excuse to get some exercise and spend some much needed time alone! :)
  • Options
    I do Israeli dancing on Sunday nights. Otherwise my chill time is crocheting or knitting while binge watching tv after bedtime. 

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: August 5th, 2011
    1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
    1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
    TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
    BFP: March 28th, 2016
    EDD: December 3rd, 2016

• Options
    I am a nurse and a photographer. April is a crazy month with senior photos, family photos, sooooo many newborns, Boudoirs, bridals and two weddings. So me time lately is editing photos. As soon as this month is over I'm going back to yoga, running (I'm hopeful) with my dogs, and as much lake and beach time as I can squeeze in. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have to remember that working outside the home doesn't really count as "me time" :neutral:  Working out by doing some type of yoga or barre, especially early in the morning before the kids are up, gives me such good energy for the day. I'm in a book study with some women, going through a Brene' Brown book and that has also been lovely  <3

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DH: 33⎹ Me: 32
    Married: July. 2005
    DS1: Born Feb. 2013
    DS2: Born Feb. 2015
  • Options
    I umpire softball & baseball games. Its assigned, but it guarantees me some time without H or L.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.