December 2016 Moms
Options

Supporting One Another

I am usually just an observer and don't participate much in message boards, they can get ugly.  I assumed that since we were all newly pregnant ladies going through similar things that we would all be sweet to one another. Obviously, that was naive. I just read through a board where one mom said something about her feeling her pregnancy before the egg was implanted. Everyone pounced, a few even insulted her intelligence. One even cited her tenure on this website as her qualification for being right. Before those ladies send me a "Bye Felicia" meme and tell me if I don't like it I should go somewhere else, please know that I really care for all of you. I identify with you, I laugh and feel worried with you. That is the point of this board, to have a community. Let's build each other up! It is hard enough to be pregnant and crazy without your online community also telling you that you're crazy. I love science, educate the world! Let's be kind about it, though. Everyone needs some grace. You are all amazing, if you are new like me or a bump OG. Really.

Re: Supporting One Another

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I completely agree with the fact that we all choose to participate in this message board for support, and to share our journey with one another, and it certainly does make me sad to see skirmishes take place. However, I remember seeing that bicker, and thinking it was a bit silly. But this is a message board full of hormonal women (I say this because I totally just had a hormonal reaction that I had to go and apologize for...). I also can imagine that many of us have some strong personalities. 

Sometimes the best thing to do is to ignore undesirable situations rather than feeding into them, even if you're trying to help. Contribute to the healthy conversations, roll your eyes at the bickering and try not to egg them on, and that will hopefully help us build the community everyone here needs. There are a lot of people here who have been through terrible things, and there are a lot of people here who don't understand that truama. I think it does everyone good to extend a little grace in that sometimes people will be more sensitive than you assume they should be, and some people may not realize that they are saying something that is hurtful. The best way to get through that damage is to simply move on, and be gentle in our responses if we do feel the need to respond. 

Other than that one bicker, which was quite awhile ago I thought, I think we are doing pretty well over all

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: August 5th, 2011
    1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
    1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
    TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
    BFP: March 28th, 2016
    EDD: December 3rd, 2016

• Options
    Gizmo1231Gizmo1231 member
    edited April 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Sorry ladies. The hormone comment was inappropriate and I apologize.

My main point wasn't so much with regards to the original discussion this poster was referring to...but more that bringing it back up, especially in a new thread, was pointless.

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: August 5th, 2011
    1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
    1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
    TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
    BFP: March 28th, 2016
    EDD: December 3rd, 2016

• Options

Gotta have thick skin for the internet. And a healthy awareness that even though we can get super into our BMBs, in the end we're all strangers.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Hi all,

Maintaining a welcoming environment in the community is something we take very seriously. We welcome debate and engaging dialogue from all perspectives here. We do not tolerate bullying. If you feel you’ve experienced bullying within the community,

Please:

Flag comments that violate our TOU by using the “Report a TOU Violation” feature below posts
    Send a Private Message to BumpTara or @BumpCaitlin describing your concerns or send an email to communitybumpxogrp.com and include links to any threads that you are concerned about so we can properly investigate.

Please do not:

Post on the boards about your grievances with the community or individual members. Doing so tends to result in unproductive arguments among members and escalates situations.

By flagging posts that violate the TOU and sharing your concerns directly with our moderators, we are able to address issues promptly and properly.

We will be closing this thread for further comments. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"