Baby Names

Poll for baby girl

edited April 2016 in Baby Names
We are team green with baby #2. Big brother is Frederick David. DH really wants a name with "relevance or meaning to us" ... so we are kinda limited. We are also at odds over our top choice... so I'm doing a poll.. which would you pick?
BabyFruit Ticker

Poll for baby girl 132 votes

Marion Jennifer
13% 18 votes
Morgan Ashley
12% 16 votes
Caroline Ashley
58% 77 votes
keep looking...
15% 21 votes

Re: Poll for baby girl

• so my choice is Caroline Ashley... our sons name has a geographical reference for us, and we met in North Carolina so that's how i came up with Caroline.

He wants Morgan, but I really really don't like it...

Marion Jennifer is a nod to various family members. I'm ok with Marion, but Jennifer seems so dated (kind of like Ashley, but hey, at least that's my name so that's my excuse for its use as the middle name for the other options)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Caroline the best. Ashley is definitely dated to me but since it's a MN, not a huge deal, esp if you want to pass on your name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    Caroline Morgan? Then you both have names you like and you can slide Morgan in to the MN so you don't have to use it much if you don't like it as much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • that's crafty! i like the way you think :smile: 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think Caroline is adorable. I also do not like Morgan.
  • I like Marion Ashley best!
  • I picked Caroline Ashley only because I think Morgan is kind of out-dated. Every Morgan I know, and there's a lot of them, were born in the 80's/early 90's. I always thought Marion with an "o" was a male name... at least the Marion I know is. Caroline is classic :)
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I like Caroline the best...it goes well with Frederick as a sibset....Morgan isn't even remotely the same style and less feminine 
  • I liked Caroline when I first looked at the names.  Reading the why behind it is so much more beautiful.  
  • Love Caroline! 
  • I actually like Morgan, but not with Ashley. It makes it sound very 90s to me. I second the suggestion of Caroline Morgan. 
  • Thanks all so much for the opinions.

i should say Morgan also has a reference, but it's a street name and for some reason that feels silly to me.

i also like the Caroline Morgan suggestion... Maybe I'll get him on board with that.

my REAL favorite was Emilia, because we honeymooned in Emilia-Romagna Italy, but he wouldn't go for a name that sounded so close to Amelia - felt we'd always be correcting people in spelling 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second Caroline Morgan... it's a win-win for both you and your husband!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird