December 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

What's making you say WTF today?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    My WTF today is that I woke up to an enormous stain all over our coffee table.  I went to bed last night and H stayed awake for a while.  Either something was spilled all over it, or sprayed on it that shouldn't have been.  Called H to ask what happened and he was all... 'Oh, I don't know, that's weird.'  Right.  the mystery stain bandit strikes again. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @DiFazette wow. I'd be so upset because that's expensive to fix!

My WTF is tracking for my dog's "big brother" T-shirt. I really want to know if it will be here today or tomorrow so we can tell parents on Friday. But I click on the "track package" link on the review order screen, and it's an unknown tracking number with nothing assigned to it. Waahhh! Wtf zazzle?? I put so much trust in you!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My WTF goes to my OB office, for no good reason, other than I want them to FREAKING CALL ME WITH MY 2ND ROUND BETAS! :) I know, they are busy, and I think I'm not the only pregnant person in Indiana... but still!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    My WTF:
    I went to bed later than I wanted to last night. But my toddler (finally) fell asleep at 10PM vs. his normal 7:30/8:00. So here I am thinking oh it will be fine because he will sleep in a little so I can too. No. He woke up at 7AM like normal. The WTF moment is when he asked if he could have toothpaste for breakfast and then proceeded to throw a fit when I had to put the tube on a high shelf because he wouldn't let the issue go. 

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: August 5th, 2011
    1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
    1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
    TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
    BFP: March 28th, 2016
    EDD: December 3rd, 2016

• Options
    My WTF:
    I went to bed later than I wanted to last night. But my toddler (finally) fell asleep at 10PM vs. his normal 7:30/8:00. So here I am thinking oh it will be fine because he will sleep in a little so I can too. No. He woke up at 7AM like normal. The WTF moment is when he asked if he could have toothpaste for breakfast and then proceeded to throw a fit when I had to put the tube on a high shelf because he wouldn't let the issue go. 
    @StacieRPittard - I had a good chuckle at this...Because the struggle is real.  We had a meltdown this morning because DS put his underwear on backwards and I wanted to fix it - I'm a mean mom. Also, he screamed for 5 minutes over his socks.  I'm not sure what they were doing wrong, but it was clearly offensive. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    My WTF is at our testing schedule. We start SBAC (standardized testing) today. So instead of 3 full 68 in classes of 8th grade, I have 2 `30 min with 1/2 class then 38 min with everyone' and 1 full regular class. How the F am I supposed to keep these kids on the same schedule when I can't teach a 'new' topic but most of the kids who need the extra time will be testing. 

It is also the same kids during each period for the entire month of testing. So if Student A tests this morning they will miss my class every time they are tested. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Okay my wtf started off at 3am when my husband woke up telling me that he smelled something burning. So the source of it was our furnace so we turned it off and slept in the living room. Woke up and the whole house stinks. I had to leave and stay at my parents house at like 7am. We need a whole new furnace and my husband asked the tech if it's toxic because ya know we breathed it in and the guy was like ohhhhhhh I'm not sure. I can't say. 

WTF?!?!!!!!!!! So now I'm freaking out that this harmed our baby!! Ugh I'm so upset. I think I'm going to call my doctor. 

Oh and  the icing on the cake the furnace is going to cost us $10k to replace!!! 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I did the big brother shirt for my dog to tell my husband and I just went to carters and found one! He's a lab so I had to get a kids size 8 and cut the collar but it still did the job. 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    Okay my wtf started off at 3am when my husband woke up telling me that he smelled something burning. So the source of it was our furnace so we turned it off and slept in the living room. Woke up and the whole house stinks. I had to leave and stay at my parents house at like 7am. We need a whole new furnace and my husband asked the tech if it's toxic because ya know we breathed it in and the guy was like ohhhhhhh I'm not sure. I can't say. 

WTF?!?!!!!!!!! So now I'm freaking out that this harmed our baby!! Ugh I'm so upset. I think I'm going to call my doctor. 

Oh and  the icing on the cake the furnace is going to cost us $10k to replace!!! 
    Isn't it funny how everything, especially bills, builds up right when you decide to have a baby? To add on to our WTFs in this house, we have to fix/replace 1) The garage door 2) The dishwasher 3) the washer

On top of that there is tons of yard work that needs to get done, and we have to buy equipment (such as a weed wacker and OH YEAH a new lawn mower!) to do that soon. When does it end!?

My Blog

• Options

@sammyl1221 Oh no!! I'm sorry that happened! Hope you get reassurance from your doctor that you and baby are unharmed!

My WTF is Walgreen's.  I don't get my prescriptions through them but I am signed up under their rewards program.  I ran in quick today to buy a card and with my receipt was a coupon that says ["You're Expecting!" $3.00 off prenatal vitamins.]  Umm... anybody know how they could possibly know?  I feel kinda violated!!

secret cashier wont tell

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

• Options
    Shwee25 said:

@sammyl1221 Oh no!! I'm sorry that happened! Hope you get reassurance from your doctor that you and baby are unharmed!

My WTF is Walgreen's.  I don't get my prescriptions through them but I am signed up under their rewards program.  I ran in quick today to buy a card and with my receipt was a coupon that says ["You're Expecting!" $3.00 off prenatal vitamins.]  Umm... anybody know how they could possibly know?  I feel kinda violated!!

secret cashier wont tell

Did you buy HPT's from there @Shwee25?  Or anything else related to TTC?  They track that and formulate coupons based off past purchases.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    ShalomAtHomeShalomAtHome member
    edited April 2016
    Did you purchase your pregnancy test from Walgreens? If so, they (they being the computers) probably track your purchases via your credit card or a rewards account or something and went ahead and started advertising to you for baby stuff after you bought the test. Target does the same thing as does most stores. If you notice sometimes the coupons you get at stores often reflect regular purchases you make. 

I bought my pregnancy test at Target. Literally the next day I was getting coupons for Babies R Us in the mail. 

My Blog

• Options
    @StacieRPittard seriously!!!! I'm so freaking pissed. We're getting a second opinion. 

@schwee25 thanks. I called my dr and they said as long as there wasn't any carbon monoxide exposure I'm fine. She said smells don't affect pregnancies. Our alarm didn't go off so I guess I'm in the clear. Phew. I do not want to worry about something else! 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options

DiFazette said:
    Did you buy HPT's from there @Shwee25?  Or anything else related to TTC?  They track that and formulate coupons based off past purchases.  
    Did you purchase your pregnancy test from Walgreens? If so, they (they being the computers) probably track your purchases via your credit card or a rewards account or something and went ahead and started advertising to you for baby stuff after you bought the test. Target does the same thing as does most stores. If you notice sometimes the coupons you get at stores often reflect regular purchases you make. 

I bought my pregnancy test at Target. Literally the next day I was getting coupons for Babies R Us in the mail. 

Well, that might have been it, and it makes sense.  I think I bought one pack of HPTs from there.  I realize that is how advertising works, ei facebook advertises for stuff related to your recent searches, etc.  But for Walgreens to start printing off coupons that say “You’re Expecting!” is kind of going overboard.  What if I hadn’t gotten a BFP from the package of tests I bought from them months ago?  I guess that’s where I was going with it.

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

• Options
    @Shwee25 that's exactly what I first thought when I read your post. That's not a kind coupon to assume with.
  • Options
    I mentioned on another thread that I work at a university library, nights and weekends. The current winner for the evening - a patron returned several extremely overdue ILL books (ILLs are Interlibrary Loans, books that our students have loaned through us from other libraries). This is someone we've hounded with multiple emails and posting invoices to her account to try and get these books back. No response from her for months.

Upon the return of the books, I said something to her like, 'O, it's so nice to finally get these back!" and she says, "yeah, I knew they were overdue, but I really needed them for my thesis and my professor (who has absolutely no jurisdiction over library policy) said I could keep them for as long as I needed". 

WTF???????

Together - 11/9/08
         Married - 7/10/10
         Nt/Np - 1/14/11
        BFP! - 5/20/11 EDD - 1/25/12
        It's a girl! - 9/7/11
        A family of 3 - 2/2/12
        Nt/Np - 4/15/12
         BFP! - 5/16/13  EDD - 1/22/14
         Discovered baby's not growing w/ no heartbeat - 6/7/13      
        Natural M/C @ 6.5w - 6/15/13
        Nt/Np - 6/25/13