April 2016 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change... Better Late Than Never!

edited April 2016 in April 2016 Moms
Week/fruit: 

Recent/upcoming appointments: 

Rants/raves/symptoms?: 

Questions for the group?:

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure?
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change... Better Late Than Never!

• Week/fruit: 39/watermelon

Recent/upcoming appointments: I go in on Friday at 39+3... lots of cramps and pressure this week, so hopefully I will see some progress (1 cm about a week ago). Doc is also doing a membrane sweep... fingers crossed!

Rants/raves/symptoms?: Lots of pressure, period-like cramps, Braxton Hicks, baby's movements getting super uncomfortable. 

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure?: Ice cream, Real Housewives, the bump :D
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Week/Fruit: 40, jackfruit-but really baby 

Recent/upcoming appointments:  I had appointment on Monday-3cm.  Induction scheduled for Thursday.  So not ready!   

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  Rave is that I'm done with work as of today.  It's hard to believe.

Rant is that I'm annoyed at my OB (and myself) I was hoping to schedule an induction for Monday next week which would give me a week to go into labor on my own but he didn't want to change schedule all around so it was this or next Thursday.  Another 10 days pregnant sounded awful so I opted for this Thursday.  

Symptoms:  lots of BH and General hugeness and discomfort

Questions:  nada

GTKY:  What is your guilty pleasure?  Probably Bachelor and every sweet food known to man.  I'm going to show some major restraint after this kid is born  
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/fruit: 38/pumpkin

Recent/upcoming appointments: Thursday.

Rants/raves/symptoms?: just two more weeks of work. If this old lady with no class doesn't stress me into labor and or leaving sooner.

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure
    I don't really have guilty pleasure. I do enjoy sugar. Boo for the scale. And lots and lots of fruits I'm allergic too :(

Recent/upcoming appointments: tomorrow. Can't wait for them to be over. 

Rants/raves/symptoms?: First thing FIL said when they arrived today was, "when are you scheduled for?" Um, I'm not. I'm also not getting cervical checks MIL, and if I was I wouldn't tell you anything because I'd rather Facebook not know about my cervix. They also seem to think they need to be at the hospital as soon as I go into labor...but I don't even want to  be there that long. I swear I will kick them and DH out of the room if DH doesn't stick up for me when the time comes, and I'll deliver this baby with my mother on the phone. Ugh. 

Questions for the group?: Any good sources for info on membrane sweeps? My midwives don't even do cervical checks but I'm seriously considering requesting it tomorrow. 

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure? Bad TV. Gossip Girl, Teen Mom, all of it. Give it all to me!
  • Week/fruit: 38/pumpkin

Recent/upcoming appointments: Thursday

Rants/raves/symptoms?: soooo uncomfortable. I've thought I was going into labor every day since I was in the hospital, but my contractions always go away. I'm so done

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure? HGTV/Food Network. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Rants/raves/symptoms?: First thing FIL said when they arrived today was, "when are you scheduled for?" Um, I'm not. I'm also not getting cervical checks MIL, and if I was I wouldn't tell you anything because I'd rather Facebook not know about my cervix. They also seem to think they need to be at the hospital as soon as I go into labor...but I don't even want to  be there that long. I swear I will kick them and DH out of the room if DH doesn't stick up for me when the time comes, and I'll deliver this baby with my mother on the phone. Ugh. 

Questions for the group?: Any good sources for info on membrane sweeps? My midwives don't even do cervical checks but I'm seriously considering requesting it tomorrow. 

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure? Bad TV. Gossip Girl, Teen Mom, all of it. Give it all to me!
    bahaha :lol:

I haven't actually read up on membrane sweeps, but my OB's office does them after 39 weeks if you want them to. I read once somewhere that separating the sac from the uterus can cause your body to produce oxytocin, which can stimulate contractions. If my docs think it's safe and may work, I say go for it!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016

bahaha :lol:

I haven't actually read up on membrane sweeps, but my OB's office does them after 39 weeks if you want them to. I read once somewhere that separating the sac from the uterus can cause your body to produce oxytocin, which can stimulate contractions. If my docs think it's safe and may work, I say go for it!
    This is all I've been able to find on it, as well. My midwives haven't checked me for dilation or anything yet but I'm really hoping I can talk them into it today. The only real danger I've found is breaking the amniotic sac, but at over 39 weeks it shouldn't endanger baby. 
  • I've missed a few weeks...

Week/fruit: 37/winter melon

Recent/upcoming appointments: Last ob-gyn appointment was on Monday, so saw the little man for the last time on-screen. Next time he'll be in my arms! Appointments with midwife and anesthesiologist at the hospital on Friday.

Rants/raves/symptoms?: Feeling big and slow, and getting jealous of all these birth announcements knowing that it could still be another 4 weeks for me. 

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure? At the moment, with my sweetie, the Bachelor (the French version). It is so bad and we have so much fun mocking it. The guy this season is actually Italian - what, they couldn't find a decent French bachelor in the entire country?!
  • Week/fruit: 37/winter melon

Recent/upcoming appointments: Had a sizing ultrasound on Friday and baby already measures well over 8 lbs. could be off by a bit, but decided to schedule induction for 4/14 before she gets too big. My son was large and I had a successful induction so I'm hoping all goes well again!

Rants/raves/symptoms?: Just feeling large and tired.

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure? Currently, Peeps. And bad MTV shows like Teen Mom. 

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Week/fruit: 37/wintermelon

Recent/upcoming appointments: Just had my weekly checkup yesterday. Came back positive for GBS so I'll need antibiotics when I go in for labor.

Rants/raves/symptoms?: Some mild cramping but nothing too serious. I'm getting so excited for all you April moms who are having their babies!! So squishy and cute - all of them. I can't wait to hold my little bean bag!

Questions for the group?: None

GTKY: Favorite guilty pleasure? Cookies and Cream Ice Cream!