January 2016 Moms

Terrific Tuesday?

Anyone have anything positive happenin' today?

Ok, so far this week has sucked, so here's my attempt at positivity... I scored a brand new Rock n Play with a light up, sing song mobile thing regularly priced $60+, for $15 because someone returned it due to a pin-sized mark on it and because it no longer had a box. 

I felt like the woman in the Luvs commercial; first time mom vs second time mom. 

Re: Terrific Tuesday?

• If we're attempting to be positive, here's mine:  I had time to make a cup of tea this afternoon.  I still haven't had time to drink it since his naps have been crap this week, but it's still an improvement over yesterday.
  • @nackie lol I can't even begin to tell you how much coffee I've wasted. Half the time I forget to press the start button, the other half I get as far as pouring a mug, then leave it on the counter...
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeti travel mug, the best thing Santa ever brought me ;) my coffee stays hot for hoursssssss. 

Terrific Tuesday? I got to have lunch with my husband today, and we went and looked at new cars for me tonight :)
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    Yeti travel mug for the win! 
  • @m6tonner yay! I got a new car Friday. I love it! Good luck. Car buying is stressful! 
  • Going out to dinner tonight at a fancy restaurant with a view!
  • jodiedrich18jodiedrich18 member
    edited April 2016
    Had a work meeting with someone who has been very critical of the progress of a project I'm involved in since I've been back to work (uh hello, this gal has been out for over 2 months!) and it was actually constructive and positive. Went the whole morning dreading it and left feeling happy and relieved. To me, that was a win.

But what makes it a terrific Tuesday....LO did NOT have a diaper mess requiring change of clothes for first time in 4 days. Woohoo!
  • @mrsgetz4000 love the jeep! I'm looking at a Chevy traverse. With the baby and 2 big-ish dogs, my Subaru just isn't cutting it as the family travel car anymore. Bummer ;) 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @m6tonner I have a Chevy traverse and LOVE IT 
  • My Tuesday has been pretty terrific! We had a great time at the library today. I survived my first solo grocery shopping trip with both kids. And my Dad, who had a stroke 3 days before DD was born, picked up his leg and put it into the tub this morning! His right arm and leg was paralyzed from his stroke. His hard work is paying off!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mommap2 yay! Glad he's doing well! And you're more gutsy than I am. I have yet to take both littles out by myself... with one in the front seat of the cart and the baby in her car seat in the bottom of the cart, I have nowhere to put the groceries! Plus, baby is notorious for extreme blow out diapers in the middle of shopping trips, so I'm terrified of having my 15 month old with me at the same time. Lol
  • I made it to my 6wk appt. finally with both kids by myself, week 12 folks. I have been dreading doing it alone and have been putting it off in hopes of findin help. It had to happen though. Not the best experience since my four year old dd was deeply interested in the and outs of my pelvic exam and wouldn't stay seated. But, baby stayed asleep and we successfully completed a a grocery store trip to boot. 
  • A plugged duct was going to make it on TW Tuesday, however the feeling of getting it unplugged finally just made it to this Terrific thread instead! So much relief! 

Yay! Same exact thing happened to me today so I feel your excitement :)
  • @kaym6 do you have the bench in the middle row, or the captains chairs? That's what I'm trying to decide on.
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @m6tonner I have the chairs! So much room and so easy to climb into the third row if needed without ever even putting a seat down! I know some of the more luxury models have a center console option for the center of the middle row between the two chairs but I opted to not have that for the extra space and so it's easy to climb into the back.