December 2016 Moms
Options

What are funny things your symptoms are driving you to do?

ShalomAtHomeShalomAtHome member
edited April 2016 in December 2016 Moms
Okay, I had to share this with people who understood pregnancy craziness.

My 2 year old started swim lessons this morning. I had the energy to get up and go with him, but of course I was struck with exhaustion during the 20 minute car ride home. Lucky for me, he fell asleep in the car! (He never naps anymore). I had planned to do the grocerie shopping and thought this was the perfect opportunity to catch some Z's. So I pull into the back of the parking lot of the store, put the seat down and took a nap. It was seriously bliss. The temperature outside was 60 degrees so it was perfect in the car.

Half an hour into my nap some kid who was collecting the carts tapped on the window. It woke me up but thankfully my kid was still asleep. He said he just wanted to make sure I was okay. Told him I was fine and sent him on his way. 

So, what I wasn't expecting was for my kid to sleep 2 1/2 hours. I don't know how much longer he would have slept beyond that, because I was awoken to a cop tapping on my window! Of course I jump awake and he said that he had a call to come and check out my car. I told him I was just trying to get a nap, but of course I was super flustered.

Then my crazy crazy mind realized that the cop might be there to tell me how irresponsible it is to be asleep with your child in the car seat (even though the temperature was perfect) and I started envisioning all those warnings about leaving children in hot cars and I burst into hormonal tears thinking he was now going to get CPS involved or something (even though he gave no indication this was the case)  and started apologizing. 

He was eventually like "you're not in trouble one of the workers inside just asked me to come check on you while i was checking out to see if you were okay. I'm sorry to disturb you!"

So at that point my son woke up and we went inside. Of course we accidently choose the register with the dude who originally tapped on my window, and of course he had to say "Oh I'm glad you and your kid are okay. I was worried!"

But I got a 2 hour nap out of this. So I guess it was worth it.

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
DH: 30 years old
Married: August 5th, 2011
1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
BFP: March 28th, 2016
EDD: December 3rd, 2016

Re: What are funny things your symptoms are driving you to do?

• Options
    Omgsh! How crazy. I hate how we never think about the possible consequences. I've napped in the car too.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    I totally have a couch in my office at work to sleep on in the middle of the day! I've only had to use it once so far, but it is looking might nice today.

@ShalomAtHome: sounds like you live in a really nice place! Sometimes its nice to know that strangers care :smile: 
    EQD born 12/15!