October 2015 Moms

Csection mamas

Hi, for any mamas that had a csection and had an infection in your incision, do you find it has taken longer to recover and are you still having any lingering pain? I'm going to my doctor tomorrow but I just wanted to see if I'm the only one. I have a stinging pain in my incision and it's still very red and raw looking, like it's still missing the top layer of skin? I also still has some internal discomfort like my internal scar is burning and I can actually feel that it is inflamed and swollen. This usually only happens when I've been on my feet for a while or walk too far.just thinking it's a bit much to still be in pain after 6 months. This is my 3rd section and I was 100% at 6 weeks with my other 2.

Re: Csection mamas

• I ended up having a c-section, my daughter is 5 1/2 months.  No issue with the actual incision, the outside healed properly, but I still have some veryyy mild lingering issues, nothing painful.  Internally around the incision area, every now and again I have a very mild burning sensation.  I thought it was a UTI initially but it wasn't.  If it continues, I am going to get this checked out by my doctor.  Hope you feel better.
  • No infection here either, but I do feel pain every once in a while. I am still numb there too.