May 2016 Moms

Georgia- Spring Break Activities?!

While I am a FTM, I do love spending time with my younger siblings and very well treat them like their my own due to such a large age gap between all of us. My youngest brothers were supposed to be attending a swim camp for the week, however, the 5 year old failed the swim test so he isn't able to attend the rest of the classes. Although I am almost certain that this was a premeditated decision due to a lack of interest in swimming on his part, I feel so bad that he is going to have an uneventful spring break. Is there anyone in the Central/North Georgia area that knows of any exhibits or interesting places to take a five year old that are free or at least reasonably priced? I tried to get him to go to Red Top and a few other parks today but he told me he didn't really feel like walking :|

Re: Georgia- Spring Break Activities?!

• How far are you from Chattanooga? The Aquarium is awesome and has a creek specifically for kids to play in in the front of it. The zoo and kids museum is all in that same area too.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Going out of state never even crossed my mind! I love the Tennessee aquarium and zoo much more than Atlanta's. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kp90kp90 member
    How far are you from Columbus, GA? It's a nice area (military town) but has a decent mall, lots of great restaurants, lakes and parks. I used to live next to Flat rock park. If you're close to Columbus you could spend the day out there (pack a lunch and wear bathing suits) it's literally a park full of these huge, flat rocks... hence the name... that water runs over and some areas deeper than others. Cool place for kids to check out and it's free.
  • I'm close enough to make a day trip out of it. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I think he'd probably like that.