December 2016 Moms
Options

Health and Fitness Check-in ~ April 4

What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?

What is your fitness goal for the week?

Are there any challenges you're facing this week?

How did you do with your goals last week?

GTKY:  What keeps you motivated to exercise and stay healthy (either/both pre-pregnancy or currently)?

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share your go to healthy breakfast or snack.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in ~ April 4

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?  Eat more balanced meals throughout the week, but especially on the weekend when we tend to go out.   

Same as last week (make it to the gym at least 5 days)

Are there any challenges you're facing this week?  Not particularly.

How did you do with your goals last week?  Overall, I think I did fairly well.  I managed to make it to the gym 5 times and used our personal elliptical one (additional) day.  I also managed to eat a more balanced diet overall, more protein, dairy, some healthy carbs, etc. than I had been doing pre-pregnancy, so that was good.  I did allow myself a "cheat" day where I ate a few of my favorite foods (movie popcorn, Chinese/sushi), but otherwise, I did pretty good.

GTKY:  What keeps you motivated to exercise and stay healthy (either/both pre-pregnancy or currently)? 
    Many of the women in my family (including my mother) have at one time or another been clinically obese, and I have seen how it has affected their health (especially now that my mom's generation is getting older).  For many of them, the start of their weight gain began with pregnancy, so I kind of feel that for me not trying/attempting to stay healthy during pregnancy could be a slippery slope.  I had a great childhood, but I do not want my health to limit what I can comfortably do with my kids (if I can help it).  Now that I am pregnant, beyond the obvious motivation of making healthier choices for my baby, one of my motivations is to feel better overall this pregnancy (more energetic, less stressed, etc.) than I did during my second pregnancy, where I made poor diet and exercise choices. 

Right now, I'm eating egg white muffins for breakfast.  They're easy to make and pretty tasty if you like eggs/omelets.  Plus, they're much better for me than frosted flakes, which is the only cereal that I like and my go to breakfast last pregnancy.  Recipe below for anyone interested.

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/06/cheesy-egg-white-veggie-breakfast-muffins-low-carb-gluten-free/

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? To definitely eat healthier than I used to!! I went shopping and stocked the fridge with fruits/veggies. I fell into bad eating habits over the past few months and I need to get myself back on track again.

To get out and walk 3-4 times this week, do light weights for upper body at least twice and one lower body workout

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? I work night shift tonight, I always eat a lot of junk on night shift (because that's how you keep awake...stuffing your face with food lol) and my dad is taking us out for dinner tomorrow.

How did you do with your goals last week? 2 words... epic fail

before it was to have a good body/foundation before getting pregnant, now it's being healthy for me and my baby

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share your go to healthy breakfast or snack. I like to either whip up scrambled eggs topped with some shredded cheese on a whole wheat slice of toast or a smoothie with frozen fruits and almond milk..sometimes oatmeal too
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hat is your health/nutrition goal for the week? Drink more water and stop eating candy. I'd like to continue losing a little weight during early pregnancy or at least maintaining the same weight through my 1st trimester.

prenatal yoga videos and going to the gym 2x a week. But we'll see because I'm just so tired all the time.

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? Fatigue. I don't feel like doing anything

How did you do with your goals last week? eh. My diet is ok but physical activity is crap.

Just the baby and the fact that I feel so bloated already.
    Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share your go to healthy breakfast or snack. Greek Yogurt or an Apple with Mozzarella sticks
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?  To only eat 'fast food' for lunches at work, since we have a 20 min lunch break.

To walk 2-300 more steps than I normally do. Last week I said 10,000 a day, which unless my pedometer is messed up is about 10x what I actually walk.

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? I am umpiring a 2 day tournament, and that means I have about 15 minutes between games. So snacks/meals during that time will have to be quick and easy.

How did you do with your goals last week? Nasty. I sucked major A** last week.

I lost 50lbs before I developed Pre-E, which when unchecked turned into actually Eclampsia. Then I gained it all back plus some. This time I really don't want to have that happen, so I am trying to eat better.

I love a yogurt granola bar. I will also do a can of mandarin oranges.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? Drink more water and stop eating candy. I'd like to continue losing a little weight during early pregnancy or at least maintaining the same weight through my 1st trimester.

Maintaining, within a pound or so, my current weight during first trimester is pretty much my short term health/fitness goal as well @juliehollz13. ;)  We'll see how it goes if/when morning sickness and/or cravings start to hit.

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? Week?? It takes me much longer than a week to accomplish something! Haha. Maybe no more blood sugars over 200 this week. Yes.

Work out again this week. I'm trying to get my weight under 150, so about 2 pounds.

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? hm.. stress. 

How did you do with your goals last week? Since I found out I was pregnant, I've actually lost 2 pounds, so keep em coming off !!

I want to be toned (pre-pregnancy) and now I'd like to get back into my jeans because I can't buy Maternity yet and I'm not buying a new pair of pants for like 2 months only.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share your go to healthy breakfast or snack. I'm so biring. You think I have something better. But carrots. If I want to feel healthy I will eat carrot sticks.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?  To remember to take all of these vitamins.  I seriously take medicine or supplements 4 different times of day because I can't take any of them at the same time.  Ugh.

To try to get to the gym 3 times.

Are there any challenges you're facing this week?  I am soo tired.

How did you do with your goals last week?  Didn't get to the gym at all.  Soo tired.

My DH goes to the gym with me so usually one of us can motivate the other to get there.  I am generally a pretty healthy eater but I do better when I don't have tempting food everywhere.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share your go to healthy breakfast or snack.  I usually eat greek yogurt - either the kind with fruit or I add honey and/or a banana.
  • Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?
    I was doing the Hammer and Chisel program from Beachbody but hurt my shoulder so I need to revamp my workout routine. Hoping to add back running and get back on track with my containers 

5 days

I stress eat so they new pregnancy thing is making me want all the food!

How did you do with your goals last week?

Took a long time after DS to get back to where I wanted so I hope to cut down on that time this go around!

fresh ground almond butter with a banana
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? Just to be active and eat as well as I can, and find out from my doc (appt today) how much exercise I can do at this point.

Got a workout in last night (30 min, elliptical), but hope to do the same tomorrow and *maybe* Thursday. Keeping it lighter than what I have been doing in the past until I know what I can do. This will be a change, since I am used to working out 3-4 days a week, with some days doing it for 2 hours a night. I still have a stubborn belly, though!

Just the unknown, stuff going on at night. Tonight we're meeting DH's parents for supper and telling them the news. I usually play volleyball Thursday nights but we have a bye this week. So instead, I'll probably just pack for the weekend (going out of town) and relax. Heading out of town Saturday morning, so no workout that morning unless I get up REALLY early.

How did you do with your goals last week? Didn't have any, and just found out I was PG on Thursday. But, I did get ll my workouts in that I wanted to beforehand!

Weight. I have been struggling for the last year to even lose 5lbs., it's been so odd. I have A LOT of pants that currently do not fit that have fit me perfectly for the last 5-6 years, so something is going on. I'd also like to continue to be active during PG so I may have an easier time losing it afterwards, and stay fit during my PG. We just bought a treadmill, so that will help on the days that I don't want to go to the gym.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Share your go to healthy breakfast or snack. I usually have oatmeal (plain) or greek yogurt (Chobani, Fage) for breakfast during the week. I snack on fruit and veggies during the work day!

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**