Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check-in Week April 4th*

tvh1982tvh1982 member
edited April 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: Stole this from the infertility board. 
What did you gain? Not in weight, but through this journey: good and/or bad.

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:
@MrsB627 EDD 10/4/16
@Selena2016 EDD 10/6/16
@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16
@mrszoess  EDD 10/19/16
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/2016
@bluegal1 EDD 10/21/16
@knottie27056623 EDD 10/26/16
@jaqcap17 EDD 10/27/16
@twomommiestobe EDD 10/28/16
@AandDM2014 EDD 11/4/16
@JustLilOMe  EDD 11/7/16
@tvh1982 EDD 11/9/16
@STBMrsMiller EDD 11/10/16
@PhloriDaMom EDD 11/11/16
@ZoeFer EDD 11/15/16
@alqizwik EDD 11/18/16
@rachd110 EDD 11/19/17
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: *1st Tri Check-in Week April 4th*

• tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited April 2016
    I just had my us at 8 weeks and 5 days, and measuresd 8 weeks and 3 days.
    All looked good, saw the heartbeat, but didn't hear it. 
    I didn't had an OB I feel very comfortable with so I decided not to ask to much. Just happy to see my baby, which I think is a boy should I believe Google. 
    Eating is still a disaster, so my doctor (family doctor, I had 2 different appointments) gave me a sick leave. I was about to turn it down, as urin sample was good and I didn't need an infuse, when he said: not for you, for the little one. 
    Guess my family doctor knows me a little to well. 
    Drinking shakes now, and will try soup this evening. Progress!

QOTW: I gained patience too, as I didn't had any at all. If I'd asked you a question you were already to late by answering it as I should have know yesterday. 
    Also gained trust in myself. I can handle much more than I thought I can, and look fabulous while doing so ;)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Loading the player...
  • I have my `exit appointment` with my RE this Thursday, I am not sure what we are going to talk in this appointment or if we will have another ultrasound or not. I still have not decided on my OB-GYN, which makes me a little nervous. RE said that he could give recommendations in our appointment. 
    QOTW: Similarly, I gained patience. I learned that I cannot control so many things in life and I have to make peace with this. I have to trust my body, nature and God. Our marriage got stronger through this, I fell in love with my husband once again (after 10 years :)).
  • Also, I have a question : If you ladies do not mind me asking, are you planning to have or have you already had cfDNA tests? Do the doctors discuss why you should or should not take this test? We cannot decide on that, or actually do not know how we should make this decision.
  • @tvh1982 I think you're supposed to remove the people who have left to join the second tri group from the list.

AFM - I have my first OB appointment this afternoon. I'm gonna try to feel out my current doc and his approach to child birth and decide if I'm going to stick with him or switch to someone else. With appointments in the past, it has kinda seemed like he'd be the type to stick me with an iv, put on a fetal monitor and strap me to a bed the entire time, which is not even close to what I want (ideally I'd love to do a home birth, but with PCOS making me higher risk, I'll have to do it in a hospital, but that doesn't mean I want to labor stuck in a bed!)

My ridiculous hunger has slowed way down yesterday and today. Today was the first time in almost a week where I didn't have to have breakfast the second I got up, which meant I could have something other than cereal! Baby grew by 9 days last week, which is why I was so dang hungry. I'm hoping today h/she measures at 9 weeks exactly, which would be 1 day of growth each day since Friday. I'm also hoping we get to hear the heartbeat at our appointment later as hubby didn't get to hear it on Friday since he was working and couldn't go to my RE appointment.

When I showed DH the ultrasound from Friday he was impressed and remarked that it was amazing that I could take string cheese and turn it into a person (I've had a least one string cheese a day for the last few weeks). LOL!

QOTW: I've definitely gained a lot of bitterness, especially towards teenage girls who have sex once and get pregnant. But I've also gained a lot of love for my DH and our families. DH has been so great through the IVF process. When we were doing IUI we had to do a trigger at home, and DH REFUSED to do it. Like, there was no way I could convince him to do it, so I had to do it. Once we move to IVF and he realized how many times I'd need to be stuck with a needle, he didn't hesitate at all. Not once has he told me he wouldn't do any of the shot, and as long as he's been home at shot time, he's done them without complaint. As for DHs family, if it weren't for his parents offering to pay for IVF, no strings attached, we wouldn't have done it. We didn't have $13,600 to plop down. We could have saved up for it, but it would have taken at least a year, which would have set us back even farther. DHs mom also let me know that they wouldn't hesitate to pay for another round, which is comforting to know because we only have 3 snowflakes left to try for #2 in a few years.

@kennelchick I sure hope you get to see a cute baby looking image on Wednesday!! That is too funny that you say LO is obsessed with milkshakes. My DH doesn't believe me when I say that the baby wants things, but s/he totally does!

@tvh1982 I hope you find an OB you're comfortable with! I know it can be challenging, but it is necessary through this process to have someone you trust, especially after all you've been through to get here!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• OMG @erica0901 I am so happy to see you here ! Big congrats and wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy !
  • Thx for the tip @aanddm2014. I removed one of the list. Probably can remove the next two too, but my brain is not functioning so I don't know.

Welcome @erica0901! Always nice to have new ladies joining us!

@zoefer: I will not. Not sure they actually do them hear without having a real concern/risk to get them done.

@aanddm2014: my family doc is great and I'll have midwife following me up from May. (I haven't met her, but she sounded lovely on the phone) 
    The clinic I had my us at today is the fertility clinic that helped me a little in Norway and could give me an early us. Prefer one of the other two OB, but as I'm not a 'proper' client, I get whom ever is available.
    Was the last time I need to go there, am now 'officially' pregnant and any request my fertility clinic from Denmark has I may pass onto my doctor and he fixed appointments :) so I'm in good hands now and feel comfortable to ask anything. 
    Thanx for looking out for me!

• Congratulations @erica0901 and welcome! 

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and have my NT scan on Weds morning. I'm also waiting on the results of my NIPT. 

QOTW: While I have a gained a great deal of patience during this process, I have unfortunately gained fear and anxiety. My mind keeps going to the worst case scenarios. I just need to turn it off! I know it will be better when I get to the 2nd trimester and my bump is an actual bump but until then I need to convince my brain to chill out. 

• Lurking from 2nd Tri
    @erica0901 Congratulations! I'm so happy to see you here! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• *I'm a lurky loo, too!*
    Congrats @erica0901!  I remember your DH posting a note to all of us on the IF board.. So glad to see you all over here!
    @tvh1982 - I'm the only one to come off as it has to be a full week in your 14th week.. The next two come off next week! Thanks for doing the thread this week!  
  • @tvh1982 I hope you find an ob you are comfortable with. I'm glad you were able to see your little one!

@erica0901 welcome!  I love seeing new people going through the infertility journey have sucess.

@morningstar80, I hear you on the anxiety. I keep telling myself that once I get through the NT scan I'll feel better (ps, we are on the same schedule and due date) but I don't think I'll feel ok until I'm holding my little baby, screaming and puking and pooping :)

• Thanks @kennelchick. Helps to know I'm not the only one out there feeling this way. Very exciting we're due date buddies!  <3 
  • Hi ladies! I finally feel confident enough to check in with you all. Today marks 5 weeks pregnant. This was DH and I's first IVF attempt. With his severe MFI and my low AMH, we're lucky to be here. We transferred 2 day 3 embryos. My betas were 249, 513, & 2,487. We're super anxious to see what is in store for us next week at our 1st u/s :blush: Our EDD is 12/5/16 <3 

QOTW: Throughout this journey I've gained positivity. Many times I've felt defeated. Initially we were told that kids wouldn't be possible until DH had Micro TESE surgery to extract sperm, then we found out about my low AMH. I only produced 6 eggs & only 2/6 fertilized causing me to have to transfer at day 3 & hope for the best. I felt like we were against all odds, but I tried to keep positive. Luckily, everything fell into place and I feel incredibly blessed.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Welcome @capps42613! Congrats on three lovely numbers! Hopefully you'll get the news you're hoping for at your u/s appointment next week! And congrats on your positivity gained! Sounds like it worked!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Happy to see you here @capps42613!

• I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and go for my first appt with the regular OB at 9am!! I am so nervous and excited at the same time!!! Not sure what will be done since this is my first appointment, but I better get to see my LO!! 
    QOTW: I have gained so much respect for anyone going through infertility. Before it happened to me, I never in a million years could have imagined what a toll it takes on every aspect of your life. It's literally all you can think about every second of every day. I have also become very jaded and pessimistic, definitely not a good thing! After going through a year of treatment, I feel like everything is too good to be true. 
  • @laur2444 GL tomorrow. Hope you get to see your LO & fill us in! :smile: 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi ladies! I've finally gotten the courage to move to the "pregnancy after IF" community. Im 7 weeks, 3 days today. This was our first FET. My fresh cycle in November ended with an ectopic. It's been a long two year journey! I still can't believe I'm pregnant. DH and I are cautiously happy. We've had nothing, but bad news and I just can't believe this is finally happening. My EDD (based on my calculations) is 11-19-16. 

Im supposed to schedule my close out appointment and last ultrasound with RE later this week, but I'm trying to delay it. I have a hematoma and wish I could continue to see them until it's gone. I'm no longer bleeding red, but brown spotting still worries me. 

Once I do graduate, I will see a midwifery group. They see patients at a hospital and are absolutely wonderful. The director of the group just left for maternity leave, but she gave me her cell phone number in case I have any questions. I'm definitely not going to use it, but I love the gesture. 

QOTW: I've definitely gained patience and an understanding that everyone has their own struggles whether it's infertility, illness, a loss, etc. I try not to be so judgmental because you don't know what someone is going through. I feel very blessed to have options for my infertility struggles and to be able to afford it. This journey has also brought DH and I closer than ever.
  • @Rachd110 So happy to see you here, lady!  We were Oct/Nov buddies together, but I have changed my sn since then! :) I am so excited this one was the one for you!

@kennelchick That's great!  One perfect little one growing in there!

AFM: Haven't posted much lately cause there hasn't been much going on.  Still having MS, except it's worst at night.  I did start back to working out this week though.  I at least feel well enough in the morning for that.  I am a pretty avid runner usually, I ran the Chicago Marathon last October so I find myself frustrated with my incredibly slow paces now, but I remind myself, there is a reason you are slow right now.  Also started doing some weight workouts I found on pinterest.  We also had our 12 week OB appointment today.  Everything looked good and we heard the heart beat with the fetal doppler at 155 bpm!  We opted out of the NT scan.  Now we are deciding on the cell free fetal DNA test and whether to do an anatomy scan vs a level II scan.  The midwife said level II is recommended for IVF pregnancies since they carry a slightly higher risk of heart defect.  Our insurance would likely not pay for any of this, but let's be honest, the cost of the tests is a drop in the bucket compared to what we dropped on IVF.  Even if the tests came back abnormal, it would not change anything for us.  We are prepared to love and be thankful for any baby we have, but like the midwife said, it would just be helpful as it would change the way the entire pregnancy was handled.  So we have some decisions to make!  Sorry for the long post, I think I am thinking through typing!  11 more days til trimester 1 is done!  :) Hope you are all well!
  • @kennelchick Yay!! I bet it was awesome to have that level of detail. Did you get any take home pics? (my NT scan is in 4 weeks, ugh!!!)

@ecb3588 I'm sorry you're still feeling sickie, but hey, at least you got back to working out a bit! I had to take about a week off from my exercising and it bummed me out, but my body said no, and I listened to it. And yay heartbeat!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @laur2444 I had my NT scan yesterday too! Everything looks good so now I´m just waiting on the NIPT results (including the sex) which should come between tomorrow and Tuesday. The suspense is killing me!

On a side note, I think I think I have sciatica...I have sporadic shooting pains in my lower back and left butt cheek. Going to see if my physical therapist works on pregnant ladies and am researching pregnancy yoga in my area. Any one else having crazy back/butt/leg pain? 
  • I'm 11 weeks and 2 days tomorrow and going for my first OB appt(had blood work and talked with nurse last week for the first thing about family history, etc). I know i wont be able to get an ultrasound tomorrow but should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat at this point via the fetal doppler correct? This is our rainbow baby and our oldest is 5 years old. 2 miscarriages between her and this baby. I am super nervous and just wanna hear the heartbeat to reassure myself that all is ok. Guess its just the anxiety of it all. Have been TTC since November 2014, with 2 miscarriages since. Hoping to hear heartbeat tomorrow to reassure myself all is ok then hopefully Dr. will schedule US next since i'm considered high risk. anyone else dealt with any of this anxiety about pregnancy, or know when baby's hearbeat can be heard? just worrying myself over probably nothing. LOL.

Started Dating: 5-9-2008
    Got Married: 11-19-2014
    EDD: 10-26-2016
    <3

• Hi and welcome @knottie27056623.
    Not sure when you can hear it, but would think they are able to.
    Ive only saw my baby's heartbeat (just 9 weeks today)

Try to take a deep breath, you've got this one.
    Keep going strong!

• @Knottie27056623 Typically you can start hearing with a fetal doppler around 12 weeks. I don't think it's unreasonable for them to try at 11w2d though, but don't be alarmed if they can't find it yet. They heard mine at 12w3d, but I have a gf who is due 3 days after me who had an appointment the day before me, and they could not hear hers. They took her for us and baby was fine with a heart beat, so it was just a little too early to hear with her. So you could ask them to try but don't freak out if they can't hear it yet. Good luck and fx!
  • *TW* Hey ladies! I wanted to wish you all the best on your pregnancy journey. Alas, I will be leaving you today. Ultrasound this morning showed almost no growth and no heartbeat. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 No! I'm so very sorry to hear this news. You're in my thoughts. <3
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Oh lov, I'm so sorry to read this. I've send you a pm too. Whisking you lots of strength and support. 
    Big creepy Internet hug from me xoxo

• AandDM2014 I am so so sorry to hear this, my heart is aching. You are in my thoughts. I am sending you hugs! I am wishing you strength and healthy recovery. Please take care of yourself.
  • @AandDM2014 I am so sorry to hear this. There really are no words. I am thinking of you, take care of yourself.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• So so sorry @AandDM2014 .....I wish you the best of luck moving toward and let us know if you need anything.
  • @AandDM2014 Noooo! I'm so so sorry :(. It's not much comfort, I know, but I am thinking of you and your husband. 
  • Thanks so much guys! It means a lot to me! I am, of course, devastated, but we have 3 more snowflakes to transfer when I'm ready.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 I'm so sorry to read this. T & P for you and wishing you strength moving forward. 
  • Hello, I am new to this section, we received a positive beta on Mon the 4th and we are extremely grateful.

@AandDM2014 my heart goes out to you, I am so sorry!
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • @AandDM2014 I am so sorry! My prayers to u and ur DH! I'm at a lost of words... Just when we all cross one hurdle there's still yet many more! Have faith and you'll be holding ur baby real soon!! 
  • @AandDM2014 I'm so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and your DH. Good luck with your snowflakes. We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you and hope to see you back on the board soon.