December 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC - Flame-free Friday Confessions

DiFazetteDiFazette member
edited April 2016 in December 2016 Moms
This thread is your place to come clean on things (PG related or not) that would normally get you side-eyed.  I checked the thread and it looks like we still need a volunteer to start this on a weekly basis.  I figured I'd start today and someone can take over next week.  
**Disclaimer - not guaranteed to be flame-free**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

Re: FFFC - Flame-free Friday Confessions

• Options
    Shwee25 said:

I'm still having my one cup of coffee in the morning.. :|  I don't know how you ladies feel on cutting caffeine completely, but I make sure my one cup is all I have.

lookhuman  coffee bye felicia lookhuman

Me, too. I have ADD and it is damn hard to function without stimulants. I figure if my body is used to 3+ cups per day plus adderall, one cup of coffee is probably going to have even less of an impact on my body than most people. 

TMI FFFC: I'm a little constipated and thrilled about it because that never happened the last time so I'm taking it as a good sign!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Shwee25 Everything I have found both last preg. and this one say up to 200 mg is pretty safe. So that means I can have a 1L Dr. Pepper everyday if I want. IDK what the ratio is in coffee, but I wouldn't be terribly worried unless you are having a super large cup/chocolate/other caffein on top. 

My FFFC is that I am already planning on faking nausea tonight so I can get a pulled pork salad from a local grill.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I've read it's an average of 145 mg/8 oz of drip coffee.  I have a cup every morning and don't drink the full thing.  I'm a coffee LOVER so this is hard.  I'm going to cut back to zero within the next week due to previous BP issues.  

I'm blaming my gas on my dog/DS.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I gave up coffee so I've been drinking decaf.  No it doesn't do anything for me but I like the taste and it's the only way to stop myself from drinking regular coffee.  One cup per day of regular coffee is fine I think, I'm just not sure I can stick to that.  So decaf it is.
  • Options
    @DumbledoresArmy just reminded me of a 2nd Confession. I am planning on using my prep to make a cute announcement for my 8th grade students on Monday. I can't wait, and with having to leave class every hour to pee they might figure it out.

• Options
    @PrettyPalomino - I almost posted something similar.  We will not have sex the remainder of the PG.  H gets really freaked out and just can't.  It's totally mental and we lived through a prior PG that way, I guess we can do it again.  I just hate having it off the table even if I don't feel like it often when I'm KU. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I pretended to be sick to get off work early today. In my defense, I don't feel the super best but I wouldn't tell anyone specifically why.

Second confession, I am no where near ready to tell people I'm pregnant because I feel like I will be judged. My DD is about to turn 1 and a half and I'm afraid people will think it's too soon
  • Options
    I pretended to be sick to get off work early today. In my defense, I don't feel the super best but I wouldn't tell anyone specifically why.

Second confession, I am no where near ready to tell people I'm pregnant because I feel like I will be judged. My DD is about to turn 1 and a half and I'm afraid people will think it's too soon
    Well shit, apparently I am way ahead of the game. L is only 8 months on Monday. 

• Options
    lrg14lrg14 member
    @Kate08Young @ashcakes921 my brother is almost exactly 2 years older than me (our bdays and just 4 days apart) and I loved being close in age. We are still really close. Go ahead and let people judge! The closeness in age will be great for your kids.

DH and I haven't had sex either since the BFP. Maybe it'll be more appealing when there's less cramping.

I'm also having 1 cup of coffee in the morning and I don't plan to stop.

My FFFC is I forgot breakfast at home this morning so I had chocolate chip cookies instead.
  • Options
    Confession - I don't understand all the abbreviations and spend an exorbitant amount of time looking them up. lol.
    Me: 30 | Him: 29
    Married: 08/06/2011
    BFP Mar 30, 2016
    EDD: Dec 8, 2016
  • Options
    @tamullins in the Read Me First Guidelines there is a link to a page of abbreviations. Here is a direct Link to that thread.

• Options
    Even worse confession - I drink up to 2 cups daily. I gave up coffee for one week and started falling aslepp at 7pm when I got home from work and didn't do a lick of chores. I drink half a cup in the morning, half mid afternoon and if I have things to do when I get home I drink another half cup at home. If I don't have anything to do I just try to get as much as i can done, shower, and then I'm in bed by 8:30/9. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    @Kate08Young you won't get any judgement from me! I feel like it's going to come mostly from my MIL

@tamullins I had to do a ton of looking up the abbreviations on my last BMB
  • Options
    itsmehere1212itsmehere1212 member
    edited April 2016
    My doc says two cups of coffee a day is fine. I started drinking decaf when we started trying last April, so I've adjusted, but it was so hard!

My confession: 
    One of my classroom volunteers brought in chips ahoy as a treat for her reading group. A family sized bag for 7 kids. I gave them two each and have proceeded to eat the rest of it, day-by-day, all on my own. I need to replace it before she asks about it. I just need that chocolate fix once the kids hit the road for the day!

eta: just saw that mobile wants me drinkin and tryin.  I don't type like that.
  • Options
    My confession: 
    One of my classroom volunteers brought in chips ahoy as a treat for her reading group. A family sized bag for 7 kids. I gave them two each and have proceeded to eat the rest of it, day-by-day, all on my own. I need to replace it before she asks about it. I just need that chocolate fix once the kids hit the road for the day!
    @itsmehere1212 not sure why, but this is the funniest thing to me. :)
    @ashcakes921, our DSs are 21 months apart, and they are starting to become really great friends - our experience having kids close together has been a great one so far.

My FFFC is that I almost always use the maximum amount of time (2 hours) allowed by our gym's childcare service while I "workout."  I figure that it's a win/win for all of us; socialization for the kiddos that they otherwise wouldn't have (I'm a SAHM) while I get to stay in shape zoning out on HGTV on the elliptical.  I'm not sure the childcare service workers feel the same way about it.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    I drink one soda a day, because trying to keep up with special education elementary students requires caffeine. 

My FFFC is that I whined to DH about how he got chick-fil-a yesterday and I didn't until he went and got me some. I'm about to NOM some chick-fil-a sauce! Yum!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

DS is 10 months next week. This baby wasn't planned at all and I feel like people will be all over judging us. I was so careful between my first two, and kept asking my husband to get the snip because I was done have kids and he kept putting it off. I think he secretly wanted another baby but was scared to admit it lol. I know everyone is going to give us crap, even if they are happy for us. 

My FFFC is that I just drank my first little bit of Coke since DS was 3 days old because my stomach is upset and it helps a lot. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Well shit, apparently I am way ahead of the game. L is only 8 months on Monday. 
    Totally in your boat @Kate08Young. DD2just turned 8 months last week and I think I'm a little further then I originally was thinking. At least 6 weeks. :confused: 

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    My FFFC: I have zero intentions of calling my OB until the end of the month. With DD2 I was a neurotic mess since she was post my MMC. It only made me more of a mess to see her at 7 weeks knowing I lost my previous bean closer to 8.5 and never knew until my next appointment. They're isn't much that can be done if things start going south, and quit frankly I dont like the anxiously of waiting for my appointment. I know if I call at the end of the month and tell them I'm pregnant and have yet to have a period due to BF they will get me in ASAP. Until then I'll hope and pray for a strong growing bean. 

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

• Options
    ShalomAtHomeShalomAtHome member
    edited April 2016
    My FFFC is that I almost always use the maximum amount of time (2 hours) allowed by our gym's childcare service while I "workout."  I figure that it's a win/win for all of us; socialization for the kiddos that they otherwise wouldn't have (I'm a SAHM) while I get to stay in shape zoning out on HGTV on the elliptical.  I'm not sure the childcare service workers feel the same way about it.
    That's really funny because I do a similar thing. On Wednesday nights my synagogue has a class that goes over the various holidays and studies them in depth. Most of it I already know, but there is free childcare so I go to have an hour or two to sit in the back and crochet. To be fair, I do participate and learn some things every now and then, but my biggest drive is having a free babysitter. 

Also...I may or may not (okay, I totally did) put on a movie so my toddler would sit on the couch and not get himself into trouble while I took a nap on the other side. I started to feel really bad about this (listening the echos of younger and child-free know it all me complaining about parents who use TV as babysitters), but he's getting a sibling out of the deal so I'm over it. 

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: August 5th, 2011
    1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
    1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
    TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
    BFP: March 28th, 2016
    EDD: December 3rd, 2016

• Options
    I also have ADHD, and my coffee is essential. Anyone who gives me a hard time about it will not like the response :smile: 

My FFFC is i'm sitting at work reading PG forums instead of working, Of course, my normal work PC is completely busted so I have an excuse. Also, employee tech support at the large technology company I work for is surprisingly terrible!
    EQD born 12/15!

• Options
    erica0901erica0901 member
    edited April 2016
    I'm also drinking my morning coffee - I can't NOT do it AND be an elementary school teacher.  Nope.

My FFFC is I've already told way more people that I'm pregnant than I should have. I am horrible at keeping a secret and went out bowling with friends - who of coursed asked why I wasn't drinking a beer.  They figured it out simply by the look on my face.
    I'm in a similar boat and I'm glad I'm not the only one!

My FFFC is that I am telling my sister we are expecting tonight since she lives out of state and I really want to tell her in person! We are also telling my parents tomorrow since we live so close and I can't keep this secret any longer!!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    My HOA lady finally replied to my emails saying that we are attempting to have our satellite dish moved, but 3 technicians still can't find a place where the signal would be uninterrupted. 

HOA lady replied "do you have a copy of the documents? There seems to be confusion regarding location. I will come by the property and look for a location later today."

I wrote in an email "Yes I do have a copy of the documents, here it is attached. It does not say this or this that you claim it does. With all due respect, if the satellite company is having difficulty finding a location where the signal is uninterrupted, I cannot allow you to know any better."

And then I deleted it.

I wish I didn't delete it. She deserved that email.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options

Also...I may or may not (okay, I totally did) put on a movie so my toddler would sit on the couch and not get himself into trouble while I took a nap on the other side. I started to feel really bad about this (listening the echos of younger and child-free know it all me complaining about parents who use TV as babysitters), but he's getting a sibling out of the deal so I'm over it. 
    My kids have watched more TV in the two weeks I've been pregnant than I feel comfortable admitting.  I hit a wall around 2:00 each day and turn Mickey Mouse on for them and lay on the couch.  No shame.  It's all about survival right now!
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @PrettyPalomino we havent had sex. 1. I'm not in the mood at all 2. I'm so tireddddd as soon as I hit the bed I'm out.... DH tried waking me up for it last week and I ripped his head off 

For everyone drinking coffee my RE and Obgyn both said up to two 6oz of coffee a day is fine. I normally drink 2-3 cups a day but the smell alone makes me want to vomit. We told my in laws today and she said for both girls she couldn't stand coffee so she thinks we're having a girl. 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    My FFFC is that I'm trying to figure out how I can convince DH to let me tell my mom I'm pregnant and not tell his parents at the same time.  I'm just not ready to deal with my MIL getting any more intrusive than she already is.  
  • Options
    My FFFC is that I'm trying to figure out how I can convince DH to let me tell my mom I'm pregnant and not tell his parents at the same time.  I'm just not ready to deal with my MIL getting any more intrusive than she already is.  
    Ugh I lost that battle. DH felt I was being rude by purposefully leaving his mom out. Good luck to you!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    My FFFC is I really want to put my toddler to bed now so I can lay in my bed before DH gets home. But it's still light out...
  • Options
    @penelope4612 & @Sugargirl1019 I think I would rather tell my MIL than my actual Mom.  My Mom is drama & stresses me.  My MIL will be beyond excited and supportive.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @ashcakes921 and @Kate08Young my DS is going to be 10 months soon, and I also feel like people will be like, oh this is soon.

I also drink two cups of coffee daily, half decaf half regular. I tried giving it up last time and its impossible. I got horrid headaches.

• Options
    @Kate08Young I have a 22 month old and a almost 5 month old!! 
  • Options
    I confess that I'm starving and slightly dizzy and too freakin' lazy to make myself dinner. Last time I said I was too dizzy to get dinner DH ordered me a cheeseburger. It was very out of character and I'm thinking this preggo thing has a real power over DH doing me food favors...so I'm thinking of abusing this new superpower to get him to pick us up a pizza on his way home from work.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tamullins said:
    Confession - I don't understand all the abbreviations and spend an exorbitant amount of time looking them up. lol.
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one! I literally don't get like any of them! 
  • Options
    This is a day late, but I wasn't able to post yesterday, but I was excited at the dentist today.  I usually don't care for the dentist, but they ask me if I have any changes to my medical records and I got to say, "yes, I'm pregnant."  I got an excited congratulations from my dentist.  We're keeping it a secret, but I was happy to be able to tell someone.
  • Options

this is the exact same issue I have/had...I just went ahead and told my mom though, she is awesome at keeping secrets and she will still get a special reveal after our U/S next week :)
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    This is a day late, but I wasn't able to post yesterday, but I was excited at the dentist today.  I usually don't care for the dentist, but they ask me if I have any changes to my medical records and I got to say, "yes, I'm pregnant."  I got an excited congratulations from my dentist.  We're keeping it a secret, but I was happy to be able to tell someone.
    This makes me giggle because our dentist is always on if the first people to know I'm pregnant. He hasn't been able to do X rays in 3 years now.