April 2016 Moms

ECV Scheduled for Tomorrow...

I'm 39 weeks, 1 day and found out this morning that baby girl is transverse, after weeks of being head down but not engaged. My doctor scheduled an ECV for tomorrow morning, with induction immediately following if it's successful. If it's not successful, then emergency c-section it is. Obviously I would love to avoid the c-section, but I'm really nervous for this whole process no matter what the outcome. Any words of wisdom from moms who have been through this before? Thank you in advance. 

Re: ECV Scheduled for Tomorrow...

• I haven't had it done ( almost had to...). But I had a friend who had it done on three of her four. All three were successful and she was induced right after. With the last of the three, the baby tried to turn again, so until her head was engaged, my friend just manually held baby in place. I had lots of amazing advice from mothers about ECVs. I talked to six or seven ladies who all said they were successful and happy they did it. Only one lady was unsuccessful and said not to do it. She had other health issues though, and I think it was poor choice for her OB to recommend it.
    Again, no personal experience, but I hope that helps!
  • I have no personal experience or advice to give, just wanted to wish you luck!  Hope everything works out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Never had an ECV but I've had a couple C Sections already and to me they were okay. Good luck to you tomorrow and hope things go well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Im 37 weeks and just turned down being reffered for an ECV. My baby is full out frank breech though with her head up in my ribs so I know turning her would be more difficult and she would still have time to turn back. My doctor actually told me that if I were further along and baby was transverse she would more strongly support the idea of an ECV. So not much insight on the experience itself but good luck! 
    DD - 4.15.16
  • I am in the same situation. Baby is transverse and has been all along. I have the version scheduled for Tuesday morning and if successful an induction following. Otherwise I go in later that day for a scheduled c-section. Good luck!
  • I had a successful ECV with my daughter at 37 weeks followed by a unmedicated vaginal birth at 40 weeks. I was so glad I did the ECV. It hurt, but it was bearable and only took 30 seconds or less. I had another successful ECV with this pregnancy at 37 weeks, but she flipped back. I have another ECV scheduled for next Tuesday followed by induction. Even though she is frank breech, my dr is confident that the version will be successful at 39 weeks. I would definitely recommend giving it a try over a c-section! 
  • @NMort  how did the ECV/induction go? Curious because I'm scheduled for the same on Tuesday!