November 2016 Moms
Options

Feel like a truck hit you?

I apologize if this has already been asked here, but I couldn't find it. I'm 8 weeks today and feel like I got hit by a truck. Yesterday and today, I have felt some much pain through my whole body. I described it to a coworker as feeling like I killed it at the gym the day before and delayed onset muscle soreness is now killing me. I've read that relaxin can really start working around now, but I was curious if anyone else felt this pained. My SIL who just had her baby in Jan says she didn't feel have pain on the level I'm describing until she went into labor. 

I've basically got the morning sickness under control, but this pain is threatening to undo all that. I've woken up the last two mornings about 4 am with every bit of my body on fire and am just ready to cry. It hurts so bad. 

Re: Feel like a truck hit you?

• Options
    Can't speak to the pain having anything to do with pregnancy, but I have fibromyalgia so I pretty much am always in pain, when it gets really bad it's like I got hit by an 18 wheeler. 

I take hot showers (though I'd be careful of taking showers that are too hot for too long without talking to a doctor) and honestly find getting up and being active helps and when I lie around doing nothing my pain is exponentially worse.  I haven't talked to my OB yet cause my first visit is Friday, but if my OB okays it I'd also use a pain relief cream like My Pain Away.  

Hope you feel better soon.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    therealvdaytherealvday member
    edited March 2016
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :( Sore body/muscles can be a sign of the flu... Did you get your flu shot this last cold/flu season? It's probably not that but it's the first thing that came to mind. Have you taken your temperature?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't taken my temperature, but I'm confidant I don't have one. And I don't have any other symptoms, I'm actually in a great mood, except that I'm in a lot of pain right now and am contemplating going home early. Though I don't what I'll do there, because so far nothing is helping with the pain. Maybe just cry in the bathtub. shrug

• Options
    If you are in that much pain, I would really suggest you call your doctor. If anything else changed (urine output, headaches, bruising, etc.) let them know. But definitely call.

Yes, relaxin is starting to work to loosen up your pelvis, but that much pain may be abnormal and should be reported to your doctor. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options
    I've had a lot of soreness in my lower back (and later my pelvis) during previous pregnancies, and sometimes tight shoulders, but other than those areas haven't had anything like you describe. I think I would call too. I agree with @MrsDramaKthat being active (for me, mostly power walking) was always the best remedy for my soreness.
  • Options
    If you are in that much pain, I would really suggest you call your doctor. If anything else changed (urine output, headaches, bruising, etc.) let them know. But definitely call.

Yes, relaxin is starting to work to loosen up your pelvis, but that much pain may be abnormal and should be reported to your doctor. 
    This. None of my friends/family have described this type of situation except in labor or when sick with something like the flu. I'm not saying I think it's dangerous, just that it falls outside the typical pregnancy symptoms at 8 weeks.
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
    IUI #1 Feb 2012= DS1 born 11/2012
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle)=DS2 born 9/2014
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle again)= EDD 11/2016
  • Options
    I'm with all they others, I think this warrants a call to your OB. I'm nine weeks tomorrow and while I feel like I got hit by the exhaustion bus, I definitely don't have full body pain. Some lower back pain on and off for sure, but not so bad that I would need to leave work (if I weren't on medical leave anyways).
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I remember with DS I had similar pains, not to the degree you're describing though. But I did describe the pain exactly how you did. Like a hard core workout had my muscles extremely sore. The doctor told me it was normal and to take tylenol if it got unbearable.
    This time around my back is feeling pretty dang sore and tender to the touch but I'm sure it's just my body adjusting and stretching out like last time. Wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call just to be sure there isn't anything else going on.