September 2016 Moms
Options

Placenta Previa anyone?

I had an ultrasound to determine my due date and was diagnosed with "potential" placenta previa at that time, I was 11 weeks. I will be on pelvic rest at least until my 20 week ultrasound (poor DH!!!), with hopes that its moved up and out of the way.  I have been taking it easy as far as heavy lifting, ect but have maintained my daily walks. I have some low impact exercises and stretches I did with my last pregnancy that really helped my hips and back, I plan to ask my doctor tomorrow if they are ok to do.  Also I wonder about the chiropractor, I would imagine its fine to see one. But I am going to ask just in case.   Anyone have experience with placenta previa? How did things go for you?

Re: Placenta Previa anyone?

• Options
    With my second baby I was put on pelvic rest at about 12 weeks for marginal placenta previa.  It moved out of the way around 20-24 weeks (I can't remember exactly).  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thats good to hear! I am hoping for the same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been diagnosed with it yet because I'm not at 20 weeks but it is looking like I will be. I am also on pelvic rest. My husband has been great about it but I do feel bad for him. 
  • Options
    With my second there was a concern of placenta previa early on. I wasn't put on pelvic rest, but I did have an extra ultrasound to be sure it had been resolved. An explanation that made it so clear to me was to think of a balloon. Blow it up a little bit and draw a dot right next to the opening. Blow it up all the way and look at where the dot is. The balloon is the uterus, the opening the cervix and the dot is the placenta. So the way it stretches it's likely to move far enough away that it isn't a problem. 

Please note that I am not a doctor, nurse, or any kind of medical professional. This is NOT medical advice to ignore your doctor. :smiley: 
  • Options
    I had a diagnosis of a "low-lying placenta" at my 20 week anatomy scan with my first. When they checked it again at 32 weeks, it had moved up and was well out of the way. 
  • Options
    I also had it a bit during my first pregnancy. I think 90% of the cases resolve on their own, so i wouldn't put too much worry into it this early on.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the responses! I am doing my best to not worry about it too much. 
  • Options
    At my 13 week scan they saw I have complete PP, but my midwife is optimistic that it will resolve as my pregnancy progresses. Also got put on pelvic rest, not allowed to lift anything over 30 pounds, which makes nursing challenging but I'm on a very supportive floor and they have rallied behind me to help out where I need it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LeahKnits said:
    With my second there was a concern of placenta previa early on. I wasn't put on pelvic rest, but I did have an extra ultrasound to be sure it had been resolved. An explanation that made it so clear to me was to think of a balloon. Blow it up a little bit and draw a dot right next to the opening. Blow it up all the way and look at where the dot is. The balloon is the uterus, the opening the cervix and the dot is the placenta. So the way it stretches it's likely to move far enough away that it isn't a problem. 

Please note that I am not a doctor, nurse, or any kind of medical professional. This is NOT medical advice to ignore your doctor. :smiley: 
    I thought of your post last night again (when trying not to worry about this) and wanted to make sure I came back and to say thanks for the explanation that's understandable!  :smiley: 
  • Options
    @luv4LO You're welcome! I remember that I was so confused about the whole thing. Couldn't understand how the placenta would move. A friend gave me this explanation on and it made me feel better. For me, it's always easier to deal with mentally when I know what is actually going on. 
  • Options
    I had it with my first. I was told no sex, no lifting anything over 5 pounds, and no extra activity  (no taking long walks, etc.) It did eventually move up by 3rd tri and I delivered vaginally.  I'm thankful that happened with my 1st since it would have been a lot harder had I had other kiddos.
  • Options
    I had placenta marginalis with DS at the anatomy scan. All was well by the scan at 31 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options
    My placenta was partially covering my cervix at my AS this week, but the OB said she wasn't concerned at this point and thought it would resolve on its own.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    My placenta has moved up out of the way just like they said it likely would! So that's good. One less thing to worry about. I am a chronic worrier, always have been  :#
  • Options
    I was told I have low-lying placenta today. They'll rescan in 9 weeks. I was assured no need for worry. I really like that balloon analogy! It makes it easier to understand 
  • Options
    *****TMI POST ****
    I still have placenta previa. 
    I have a question for y'all. 

It it seemed like I have an BV infection yellow/green discharge. 

However all all of my cultures came back negative .

my friend who also had placenta previa until 32 weeks says she als had a lot of colorful discharge. 

Im wondering if there's any correlation between the pressure of the placenta on the cervix producing the colorful discharge.

my husband said to me" this is not normal for you . You must have an infection. "

So I don't know what to think since the test came back negative and I still have  A LOT of green yellow ness Coming out.

im on pelvic bedrest so no sex until given permission if something changes.
  • Options
    luv4LOluv4LO member
    Well after my 20 week ultrasound we found out my placenta has moved back down, it had moved out of the way according to my u/s 4 weeks ago. It is "low lying" now and I have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. I am trying to stay off of google doctor but it's hard. There are some scary things that can happen with a low lying placenta! I am on pelvic rest until further notice and haven't had any spotting, thank goodness!