December 2016 Moms

Daily Check-In 3/31

Good Morning Ladies!! 

How far along are you?:

How are you feeling/symptoms?:

Rants/Raves:

Any questions?:

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies! :)

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

Re: Daily Check-In 3/31

• How far along are you?: 5 weeks today!

How are you feeling/symptoms?: No morning sickness or anything yet, just very sore boobs and exhaustion is setting in!

Rants/Raves: I am in the process of crocheting an owl baby blanket for my niece who is arriving in June.  I am wanting to have it done by my sister's baby shower which is next month, and I am trying to work on it every night, but I have been so tired lately I'm falling asleep trying to do it! I'm nervous I won't have it done.

Any questions?: Not really!

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies!

This is our miniature dachshund, Roxy!  She is 5 years old.  <3

DSS Born 2/2/08

• Loading the player...
  • edited March 2016

How far along are you?: 5 weeks today too! @shwee25

How are you feeling/symptoms?: nervous wreck, see newly created discussion board Emetophobia

Rants/Raves: My boss pulled me into a room and flat out asked if I was KU. My jaw dropped, I have given ZERO indication that I am pregnant, except for this doctor's appointment. She asked if I was okay when I told her I had an appt, all I said was "yes, I'm fine" and she apparently immediately knew... wtf!!! I am just not good at white lies... anyone who calls me out will be finding out the truth :S

Any questions?: Not yet!

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies! I am so sad that I don't have any. We discussed getting a dog when we settle down for a baby but I do NOT want a puppy/baby at the same time!

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• How far along are you?: 4 weeks 6 days based on O date

How are you feeling/symptoms?: Swollen, sore boobs. I keep checking them to make sure they still hurt. I was afraid they didn't hurt earlier, but I might be grabbing them too much! Nothing else, but this cold I'm having is helping with smells, I don't smell a thing! Everything smelled gross before the cold kicked in.

Rants/Raves: Had my first appointment this morning and feel a little better about it after talking to doc. Schedule betas for today and Saturday, depending on those, sonogram next week. They have me down as 5 weeks 3 days because of LMP

Any questions?:

I would love a puppy, but DH and I decided to go for baby first. There are definitely dogs in the future though!

• Ok, nevermind, right after I hit post, dude in front of me on the bus just opened a pizza and it smells terrible!
    I guess my cold is going away.
  • @FiancB Now that you mention it, a couple of times when I have laughed super hard I had extremely sharp twinges in my ute area too. Ugh!  Also, I love your fur-babies!! So cute!

@PrettyPalomino I can relate.. When I told my boss I had a doctor's appointment, he just kind of looked at me funny, paused, and then said "That's it, I'm starting rumors... -----'s pregnant!" I work in a shop with 13 guys, no other women.. So I don't know when/how I will share the news with them.  But that was awkward to say the least!  And then when I got back to the office he goes, "So is it a boy or a girl?"  I don't know how I kept my composure but I brushed him off.

@itsmehere1212 I've noticed I now have a "super-nose" as well!  No aversions yet but everything smells 10x stronger!

DSS Born 2/2/08

• How far along are you?: 5w today!

How are you feeling/symptoms?: Not really. I'm seriously hoping that this time is like my last pregnancy with no symptoms.

Rants/Raves: Something about H's cousin (who didn't realize you could get pregnant while BF) having her second girl 10 months to the day after her first has me in a seriously bad mood at his family. Also his aunt just had her oops baby when she thought she was out from menopause. Something about them being irresponsible and having kids while I am being responsible about mine is just making me super bitchy lately.

Any questions?:

Kowboy is my 2.5 yr old Min pin Kelpie mix. He was a pound puppy, and is a huge mammas boy. He loves to fetch, and even will swim to get his ball. Dally is my 1 yr old Pom Chi mix. She is mentally handicapped. Her dad is her grandpa, and he mom is her half sister. We call her our carrot, as she acts like a mix between a cat and parrot. She constantly perches on window sills, and want to ride/sit behind you on the head rest. She is absolutely adorable. she loves her dad, and will flirt/play coy with him whenever. She loves L and will let him pick on her/pull her hair and still snuggle him whenever he will let her.   Jasper is L's puppy. He is a Pom Chi Terrier mix. He is super yappy and drives all of us crazy with it. Lastly we have Atlas. He is H's Pure bred AKC registered Great Dane Stud. He now lives with my FIL as he thinks he is smaller than Dally, and has knocked my down the stairs while pregnant with L. FIL's dog passed and he wanted a large breed, so he gladly took Atlas. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• How far along are you?: 4+1, I have a 10 day LP, so I tested and found out at 8 DPO.  

How are you feeling/symptoms?:  The bloat is real today, ladies.  Sore breasts, which my son likes to use as pillows, so that's fun.  Stretching, pulling, and minor cramping near my ute.  Sense of smell like a bloodhound.  

Rants/Raves:  I'm proud of how well I've been doing staying hydrated.  

Any questions?:  I'm feeling anxious about having #2.  DS is the light of my life and I'm nervous he'll feel less loved when a second child comes.  I know this is totally normal but I don't think I will be at peace with it until baby #2 arrives and I see there is plenty of love/time for everyone.  

This is our dog.  We rescued her 3 weeks before we got our BFP with DS.  They have kind of grown up together, and are the best of friends.  They told us when we rescued her she was lab mix, which is total hogwash (and morally wrong IMHO to misrepresent breed).  She's mostly German Shepherd with some other stuff.  She acts like she will kill you, but she's really afraid of her own shadow...silly girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• How far along are you?: 4+2

How are you feeling/symptoms?: No symptoms - I feel great. I didn't have any with my first pregnancy either, so I'm hoping it stays this way!

Rants/Raves: Still pretty freaking excited to be pregnant!

Any questions?: @DiFazette I'm with you.  DD is 5 and definitely old enough to love being an only.  We won't tell her for a while yet, but I think it will be hard.

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies!   No furbabies.  :disappointed: I have allergies instead.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited March 2016

How far along are you?: 4 weeks exactly from ovulation, bump also says 4 weeks, but from my last period its 4 weeks 4 days.

How are you feeling/symptoms?: anxiety/upset during the day, severe nausea and cramps at night. My blood sugar has been AWOL. High low high low. The anxiety is more like wanting to cry because I feel like I can't do anything to help have a good pregnancy. See below.

Rants/Raves: I'm so worried about miscarriage, because my blood sugar has been all over the place and I feel like I can't control it. And I'm at work and I don't have time to take care of myself so I'm upset and anxious about that. Idk how I'm going to do this for the next 9 months. I just want to go home!!

Any questions?: just about weeks.. I'm either 4 weeks or 5 weeks and I don't understand. Bump changes it every day? 

Raider!! 2 and a half year old Mini Schnauzer/Shih Tzu/Yorkie. 18 pounds of love!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • How far along are you?: Not sure, probably 3 or 4 weeks

How are you feeling/symptoms?:  Pretty good other than some cramping, feels like AF is coming (but i know better! hehe)

Rants/Raves:  Just thrilled to be here!

Any questions?:  Yes - how/when will they determine my due date?  No clue when I ovulated and I always have long irregular cycles.

Here's my Australian Shepherd Furbaby!  Love Luna to death!

• How far along are you?: 5 weeks

How are you feeling/symptoms?: Aside from bloat and feeling like I suddenly have boulders on my chest where my boobs used to be, I'm feeling pretty good! I get sleepy and queasy every evening around 6pm and I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I'm just making an excuse to not cook dinner. 

Rants/Raves: I've been eating horribly lately and feeling very guilty about it. I was so good with baby #1 and have fallen back into a fast food trap these past few days.  I just ate taco bell and I don't even like taco bell.  Ugh. 

Any questions?: I've also started thinking about how to tell DS (2yrs) about the baby.  We put a baby doll in his easter basket to play with and so far baby has been baked in the (pretend) oven, covered in playdoh, and smacked with a baseball bat. Doesn't give me much hope. 

The neurotic mutt - Lucy - and the lover cattle dog - Scooter. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you?: 4 weeks

How are you feeling/symptoms?: I feel really good but am super bloated, a little tired, mainly just trying to figure out what/when to eat that isn't going to make me more bloated and gassy :)

Rants/Raves: Just so excited to be pregnant and trying to enjoy it all without anxiety

Any questions?: DiFazetteArtlessIbex I have an almost 5 year old DS as well who has been asking for a baby brother or sister for the past year but I just don't know how he is really going to handle it. I don't want him to feel any less loved and I worry how the dynamic will change since we've been a family of 3 for so long.

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies!  No furbabies, our apartment complex doesn't allow pets :(

• @DumbledoresArmy They will probably have to do a dating ultrasound to determine your EDD.. do you know when your first appointment is yet? :)

DSS Born 2/2/08

• How far along are you?:  For the first time in all of my pregnancies, I'm not exactly sure.  I'm usually a charting and OPK taking fool, but we have just been casually NTNP since our loss in December.  I am somewhere between four and six weeks.  

How are you feeling/symptoms?:   Slightly fuller and more tender boobs, bloating and some cramping.  Maybe a little more tired.

Rants/Raves:  Nothing

Any questions?:  Nope

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies!  These are my fur kids, Simon and Edgar.  We also have a Leopard gecko named Princess Orangie.

Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• @LucyGoose1710, we had DS2 when DS1 was just shy of two years old.  I remember being concerned about how he would treat his younger brother.  Would he try to play with him?  Would he be gentle enough?  In hindsight, I shouldn't have worried - he ignored him almost completely until DS2 became more mobile. 

How far along are you?:  4 weeks (by LMP)

How are you feeling/symptoms?:  Some cramping; a bit of fatigue, mainly towards the end of the day

Rants/Raves:  Just trying not to let myself get too anxious and focus on the things that I can control (i.e. making sure I'm making healthy dietary choices, exercising, etc.).  One of the things outside of my control that is making me anxious is that I have not had any true morning sickness yet.  I had it early with both my DSs.  I know that every pregnancy is different, but it's still a bit unnerving for me not to have it.  

Any questions?:  Not particularly.

We have four Chinese Cresteds.  Here is a picture of our youngest, Dani (she's the powderpuff variety).  Sorry that the pic is so big.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • @Sugargirl1019 Weeks are calculated as if everyone has a perfect 28 day cycle, with ovulation happening on day 14. So you would count dpo then add 14 days. put that into weeks and SHAZAM you have your weeks.

@DumbledooresArmy some/most practices (depending on where you live) will have a dating ultra sound between 7-9 weeks. At that stage of development they can get within 1 day of gestational age, as LO changes exactly on time until then. After that LOs develop on their own time frame.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• How far along are you?: going off the digital test since I'm not sure yet about 2 to 3 weeks maybe 4

How are you feeling/symptoms?: only feel hungry after a short period after eating.  

Rants/Raves: none

Any questions?:none

GTKY my dog pixie is the brown and white daschund, the black one is my mom's.  this is Oki one of our three cats don't have any pics of them.  

• How far along are you?:  

I'm 4 weeks and 5 days today! 

How are you feeling/symptoms?:

I'm definitely bloated, sore nipples and I'm cramping some. The cramps have definitely slowed down compared to last week/end. 

Rants/Raves:

I'm just thankful to be happy, healthy and pregnant!!!

Any questions?:

None yet!!

I have two sweet fur babies. Bailey is out Siberian husky (she's 4) and Willow is our chocolate lab (she's almost 2).

I chose goofy pictures of my girls :)

This last picture has a story behind it so just ignore the sign :) 

• @JLWalker2 Can I just say I am in love with the style of your home/decor!? That's like my inspiration right there haha! Beautiful pets too! :D

DSS Born 2/2/08

• Shwee25 said:
    @JLWalker2 Can I just say I am in love with the style of your home/decor!? That's like my inspiration right there haha! Beautiful pets too! :D
    I thought the same when I looked at the photo!  We were going to be remodeling our family room this summer and this is what we had in mind... the remodel fund is now the OOP delivery fund.   Nicely done @JLWalker2

Pregnancy Ticker     

• JLWalker2JLWalker2 member
    edited March 2016
    @Shwee25You're too sweet!! It's definitely a hobby of mine. My husband and I build all our furniture and then I go crazy and decorate. It will have to start slowing down though as we save and plan for baby!
  • I'm definitely emotional. Real emotional : /
  • lrg14lrg14 member

How far along are you?: 5 weeks today

How are you feeling/symptoms?: Not much in terms of symptoms.  Tired most days, especially near the end of work.  I do think I have a stronger sense of smell.  Some cramping, and my back starts to hurt at the end of the day.

Rants/Raves:  I had a very little amount of spotting yesterday that made me nervous. Did first beta yesterday and will have second tomorrow.  And I know I should be happy at the lack of symptoms but that also fuels the anxiety!

Any questions?:

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies! DH is allergic so we have a fish tank.

• How far along are you?: 4 weeks, 5 days

How are you feeling/symptoms?: blah!! I'm  tired all the time. I'm starting to get nausea  lot. I get motion sick every time I'm in a car.

Rants/Raves: So happy to be pregant. So annoyed with people. I think I'm hormonal. 

Any questions?: During  delivery of DD, I had some complications. They told that next time, I would be induced at 36 weeks or have a cs. When should I start the convo with my doctor about delivery?

GTKY - If you have them, let's see those furbabies!  I have two fat cats. I can't get the app to upload a picture . 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Thanks for answering my question ladies!
    @shwee25 Just had my first appointment scheduled for the middle of April... Can't wait!!
  • How far along are you?: I'm not sure. Nurse told me I was 3 weeks when I went in for the doctor's proof pregnancy test (I need medicaid). I'm not sure that is right, though as I took a hpt, and the line was SO dark, I was already getting cramps and bloating, which Bump says is week 4-5, and nose had already picked up. Bump says I should be just entering my week 5 tomorrow. I just feel further along. Does that even make sense. And today I woke of from my nap with cramping pains very unlike the ones before, and my stomach, very low, just above my pelvic bone, feels firm. I'm so confused. I don't have my first appointment until late APR, but I just think I'm due earlier than the girl said.

How are you feeling/symptoms?: I am SO tired. I can only be awake for a little while, it seems, before I am nodding off in the middle of what I am doing. If I don't eat every few hours, I get very dizzy and sick feeling. My sense of smell is out of this world. The other night I told my husband I could smell the neighbors cooking. As we are in apartments with paper thin walls, it wasn't too strange. Until my eyes started watering and I described what I thought they were cooking, from the smells. Husband just thought it was funny. Until we opened the door later that night for  something, and we realized it wasn't our neighbors that had been cooking. It was the apartment on the other side of them. I can smell two doors down - Husband keeps calling my Superman. Boobs are sore and huge - Husband isn't complaining, lol. No morning sickness yet - thank goodness. As long as I eat, I don't seem to have any trouble.

Rants/Raves: One of my old roommates that I don't talk to all that often is saying she knew I was pregnant weeks ago. Bullhonky! A few weeks ago, before I even suspected, I had texted her about something unrelated. She and I talked, and later she messaged me back apologizing for the attitude she had given me. I didn't respond, because I honestly hadn't noticed any attitude on her part. She is always like that. Then, the other day I announced to everyone that we are expecting. She texted me again saying congrats, and that she had suspected when I texted her that time. I didn't even know then, we didn't talk about babies at all, and she admits she had given me attitude on the occasion. But she had already known I was pregnant? That is just a lie to make herself feel more important. I had had no symptoms, had no clue; she would have no standing to even guess that. And then she knew I was pregnant, but was super rude? I'm just annoyed.

On top of all the other family drama I am having right now, I don't need her claims of foresight.

Any questions?: Where can I find comfortable, no wire, not smothering bras? My breasts are huge, and so tender that a normal bra digs and irritates, but I know I should really wear something or they are going to be headed towards my knees when all is said and done. I don't want anything expensive. I just want to get them up and not being crushed.

No fur babies. I am allergic to most dander, and all down, so pets aren't really an option.

• @TinkerSmith  - an early ultrasound will date your pregnancy.  They are the most effective way to determine your gestational age.  That should happen between 6-8 weeks.  

Regarding bras - if you want to think ahead, you can buy a nursing bra or two.  They are often without underwire and offer a lot of support.  I bought mine from Target with DS.  Bravado is a lower cost brand of higher end nursing bras that Target sells.  I still wear a few of my Bravado nursing tanks for sleep since I'm large breasted and they give me good support.  You'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Pregnancy Ticker