October 2016 Moms
Options

Opinions of the Unpopular Kind (3/31)

I almost forgot! My sincerest apologizes! 

So let's hear 'em - who has a new and exciting unpopular opinion! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
TTC #1 - Nov '14
BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing

Re: Opinions of the Unpopular Kind (3/31)

• Options
    duckmay said:
    I really hate the spelling "momma."
    Is that to say you prefer "mama"? (this is how i refer to my MIL)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    duckmay said:
    I really hate the spelling "momma."
    Me too! Mama all the way.
  • Options
    @missteacherlady16 - what does LFAF stand for? I've seen it and tried to figure it out. No.Clue.
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    @missteacherlady16 - what does LFAF stand for? I've seen it and tried to figure it out. No.Clue.
    Lisa Frank and Friends lol
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    @CopperBoom86 I completely agree with you on the GoFundMe thing!! I liked when it first came out and it was usually someone starting it FOR someone else for a legitimate cause. My cousin who I don't associate with started one for herself for lawyer fees because she lost custody of both of her kids. She's a prior drug addict but is blaming it all on the court of course. Sorry but if the court not only takes away your custody rights but all visitation and ANY contact with your children there is a reason!
  • Options
    CopperBoom86 @ladyshark311
    I use youcaring (similar to gofundme) to fundraise from time to time because I am in a support based role here in Tanzania. Getting a paid position here takes away from the Tanzanians and so the NGO I work for does not pay a salary to anyone but Tanzanians. I hate asking people, but I love the work I am able to do here and I have found my niche, so to speak. There would be a hole in the structure of things if I was not there. Does this mean I'm "looking for handouts?"
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited March 2016
    @kmolleltz - If you read my example, you know your situation is nothing like the situation I sited. I also stated there were situations where it was useful and needed. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @PeggyOlsonFTW I'm with you there. I don't mind clothes with things on them (don't have to be solid colors only) but I don't want my kids to be walking billboards. I wasn't dressed like that as a kid....
  • Options
    I think most kids clothing with cartoon characters on it is ugly as fuck.
    Same. DS does not wear anything that has a character, or even words, on it. He is 2 and dresses like my husband haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rebeccuh said:
    With rare exception, I hate Disney anything (not Pixar - straight up Disney. Mickey, princesses, all that jazz). I especially hate seeing grown adults waltzing around in Disney character clothing. 

This hurt me.  I disneybound from time to time.  Now, I don't want a big tinkerbell on the whole front of my shirt, but I like dressing with more subtle Disney flair.  Pixar is Disney now.  They are the same thing, living, breathing, and working in the same studios.  I've seen some pretty ugly Pixar merchandise, too.
  • Options
    @piperella You do you.

I understand they are the same company. My knowledge of kid movies in general is, admittedly very limited. However, I’m still pretty confident in my dislike of Mickey and his assorted pals, and princess movies, which is pretty solidly rooted in the Disney end of the universe. 

I haven't seen adults sporting Pixar stuff, but I'd imagine I'd dislike that as well. This attitude also extends to adults in Looney Toons clothes.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I always feel like you have the best UO @PeggyOlsonFTW
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    @MRSCORKER WOW. I would've blocked her too. What a jerk!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think most kids clothing with cartoon characters on it is ugly as fuck.
    I so was on board with this before I had a child...but my DD loves Paw Patrol like insanely loves it so she has a few t-shirt that are Paw Patrol. Most other character clothing we have has been gifted to us and it not my favorite. 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    GoFundMe drives me nuts!!! I couldn't get $500 for an easel in my classroom yet the guy who wanted to make potato salad got $55,000!!!! 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Now that DS is 5, he wants to pick out his own clothes. I'm all about letting him showcase his style...it's Star Wars, the Avengers and DC Comics all day, every day, on every shirt he owns. Superhero central. I was totally anti-characters until he was old enough to stick up for himself. I'm wise enough to choose my battles, and that one is absolutely not worth it. I don't always like it but he is always so happy and proud of his selections, it's worth it. 

My UO: I have no desire to announce my pregnancy on Facebook. Everyone important to us knows, and we aren't hiding it from anyone...I just don't feel like making a big deal about it in fb land.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    I'm getting really sick of everyone on FB posting "Baby's First EVERYTHING." Baby's first trip to the park. Baby's first hockey game. I can understand some of them....baby's first visit to grandma's house. I'd post that so family can see. But I don't think my family cares about baby's first time trying carrots. I know I'll take pictures, but I won't post them all. No one cares but me. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    ecpdvm said:
    I hate pumpkin spice. 
    I don't get it either.  Yuck!
  • Options
    @ecpdvm .... you're crazy ;)

• Options
    ecpdvm said:
    I hate pumpkin spice. 
    I can't tell if you're being funny. Were you active on TTGP last Sept/Oct? 
    This was such a popular UO that popped up every single week. It pretty much turned into a joke.
  • Options
    Fb is dumb.  I've been off for months now.  Don't miss the drama or distraction. 

O16 April Siggy