June 2016 Moms

Wednesday Check-In

Kballew10Kballew10 member
edited March 2016 in June 2016 Moms
I haven't seen one so far... I'll delete this if I missed it.

How far along are you? 

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:

What are you doing to prepare for baby? 

Questions? 

GTKY: (Stolen) What is the last movie you saw?  Give us a review!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wednesday Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • I loved Zootopia! It was soo funny!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • crdocrdo member
    @BakerBird525: Ugh, hope you feel better soon!
  • @crdo - So far, I haven't actually gotten sick...  it's mostly the "please let me throw up so that I feel better" type of nausea and it goes away by about 9am.  But those first few hours are r.o.u.g.h.  And yes to the Star Wars!  1-3 are horrendeously terrible...

@Huskerfanz and @BakerBird525 - Feel better!

@DeePaddy24 - I tried to rent that last night, but it was sold out at Redbox.  I'm cautiously optomistic, but I've liked the books way better than all of the movies so far, so I guess I know what to expect already.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • crdocrdo member
    Kballew10 said:
    @crdo - So far, I haven't actually gotten sick...  it's mostly the "please let me throw up so that I feel better" type of nausea and it goes away by about 9am.  But those first few hours are r.o.u.g.h.  And yes to the Star Wars!  1-3 are horrendeously terrible...

@Huskerfanz and @BakerBird525 - Feel better!

@DeePaddy24 - I tried to rent that last night, but it was sold out at Redbox.  I'm cautiously optomistic, but I've liked the books way better than all of the movies so far, so I guess I know what to expect already.
    Man, that's the worst kind of sick, to me. Good thing it goes away relatively early in the am, at least. Uuugh.

Also, YES. Just plain forget they ever happened.
  • How far along are you? 27+5

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: All the same symptoms... Ranting that I'm so frustrated with my DH. He is wonderful in so many ways but his shortcoming is definitely in thinking ahead/thoughtful gifts. His mothers birthday is today and we have nothing and surprise! We're seeing her for dinner. So now I'm at work and scrambling to try and find a gift. calling stores that I can run to at lunch, and of course its going to cost us a lot more bc I can't shop a sale, we had all weekend we could've gone shopping!! His attitude is oh I'll just pick something up with 0 thought... NO not ok. I'm so frustrated!! 

What are you doing to prepare for baby?  Shopped lord & taylors 20% sale yesterday and bought some cute newborn boy & girl clothes to start preparing a wardrobe since we have 0! 

Questions? 

GTKY: (Stolen) What is the last movie you saw?  Give us a review! I'm so not a movie person, haven't been to a theater in years, and I have a short attention span to sit through too many movies on demand, I can't even recall the last one we watched... maybe it was Wolf of Wall Street when it came out last year? 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • crdocrdo member
    @edibel89: Same. It usually makes me nervous when classic movies are re-made, or extras added in a franchise, because they're typically royally screwed up. Is the same team doing the Han movie? If so, there's some good potential. Don't even get me started on the Rocky Horror Picture Show remake.... :s
  • @Kballew10 I get that kind of sickness every afternoon between about 2:30 and 4pm.  So weird and SO annoying cause I'm always at work and trying to not look totally green and dry heave in the hallways.

How far along are you? 27w4d (really had to think about that)

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: 
    Rave: no heartburn for a few days.  I have no idea why.
    Rant: sleepy and I've already maxed out my 200mg caffeine quota.  Going to hit up DQ for a sugar rush after I do a bit more worky stuff.

Questions? 
    Are you planning to work basically until the baby is born or take some time off before?  Because of the way the school year works out, I'd like to stay right till the final days so I can present at Graduation etc. but I just feel like lasting till mid-June is gonna be rough.  I feel increasingly unmotivated, annoyed, and just tired.

GTKY: (Stolen) What is the last movie you saw?  Give us a review! Ummm- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.  My hubs and I both liked it a lot.  I didn't fall asleep for a second which means it had to have been pretty engaging.  I think we're pretty easily amused when one of our mom's is babysitting and we get a night out.  
  • @SMLmom I plan to work as long as I can. My tentative plan is to work in the office until the 17th (I'm due one day before you it looks like) and work from home that last week + until I deliver. That can change if I am not physically able to get here or have to be on bed rest or anything (fingers crossed not!) but I intend to keep my time for after the baby. Not sure when your graduation is etc. but I do intend to last till mid june (FTM so I could be dreaming!)
  • @SMLmom I have it in my head that I'll be working until the baby comes, but our semester ends at the end of April so my work pace will slow down quite a bit.  I think I may end up working from home a lot, because I'll be nervous about going into labor at the office once it gets close to the due date.  And at that point, who knows how much work I'll really be getting done.  That's tough if you're due right around the time school is wrapping up, when there are so many end of year things to get done.

How far along are you? 31 weeks, getting close!

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Symptoms: I was pretty short of breath this morning, and I couldn't tell if it was because of the baby or because of allergies/cold.  Probably a little bit of both.  Other than that, I tend to feel pretty good all day until dinner.  After I eat dinner, I feel sooooo uncomfortably full and it's impossible to find a good position to sit.  I don't know why it happens only in the evening and not after any other meals, because I don't feel like I've been eating very large dinners.  Last night I went for a walk after I ate, and that helped a little.  Rave: It's supposed to get up to 70 today, and it's sunny out!  I may need to sneak out of my office and go for a walk around campus.  Also, I get to meet up with an out-of-town friend for dinner.  I haven't seen her since last summer, so I'm excited to catch up.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Nothing special today.

GTKY: (Stolen) What is the last movie you saw?  Give us a review! We just watched a documentary called "The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats its Young" about an ultra-marathon event that takes place outside Knoxvilee, TN.  If you're into running/hiking/outdoor adventure sports, it's really interesting and entertaining.  Available on Netflix. 
  • @annaf2011 yeah that's it- June is intense with exams and grad prep (as admin, my role involves a lot of event planning around then).  Anyway, thanks for the feedback and to you too @MsBeachNJ.  I felt a lot fresher with my first.  I feel like I'm burning out already but maybe I'll get a "second wind".  I got accepted to present at an international drama festival (happens to be near my home town) June 10 so I'm really hoping I can get to that.  
  • How far along are you? 
    29 weeks today!

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    Rant: Sleep is getting hard.  Hip pain and baby dance parties are keeping me awake. 
    Symptoms: I did a test this morning and skipped my prenatal (will take it later) to see if my indigestion had anything to do with it.  I've been fine all morning!  I recently switched my prenatal because the other went up to 60 a month and no longer had free shipping, ouch!  I might be searching for a new one.... but with MTHFR, finding one without folic acid but methylfolate is tricky. 
    Rave: DH's office is throwing us a shower tomorrow and I'm so excited!  Then we're off for a weekend babymoon including a couples massage.  I can't wait! 

I just finished making fabric birch tree decals for the nursery and I'm so happy with them!  I'll post pics later once I have the room back together. It was so easy to do!  Just use thin cotton fabric and saturate with spray starch to adhere to the wall.  So much cheaper than those expensive vinyl ones and I was able to customize it. 

DH and I picked up Me, Earl, and The Dying Girl a few weekends ago.  It was really well done and adorable.  Definitely recommend it but bring your kleenex.  Prego hormones got to me on this one. 
  • @arteduc8 I hear you on the baby dance parties!  Always right when I'm trying to sleep!!  Nursery sounds lovely.
    I always take my prenatal in the evening so it doesn't conflict with my thyroid meds.  
  • @SMLmom With my DS, I worked until the week before he was born, but it was a holiday week, so I really only ended up taking the last two days off.  This time, I keep telling my boss I'm working until I can't anymore.  I don't have a ton of leave that I can take and would rather use it when the babies are here.  But I don't how much longer I can keep going!!

How far along are you? 27 weeks

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Rant:  I got irritated with my husband yesterday because he invited my in-laws over for dinner on Thursday night.  My DS is sick, I'm getting maybe 6 hrs of sleep a night at best and am so, so sore!  I am 10 weeks from giving birth to two babies!  Plus, I'm still working 9 hr. days.  Do we really need to be hosting dinner parties right now???  Does that make me awful?  Plus I hate them, so that makes it worse!!  Rave:  Got a nice compliment from my boss today.  Really, that's all I've got for a rave!  Symptoms:  So much pain!!  My back, my hips, everything!  Its terrible!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Nothing right now, just growing them!

Questions? Nope

GTKY: (Stolen) What is the last movie you saw?  Give us a review! I guess it was The Revenant.  It was good  but kinda hard to watch - especially the bear part!!

• crdocrdo member
    @SMLmom: I do plan to work until baby comes. I work from home, so that makes the task a bit easier since there's no commute logistics to address. Also, I don't have any paid maternity leave, just my own paid time I accrue, so I don't want to use it before baby unless I have to.
  • @BakerBird525 How adorable that there will be little boy cousins so close in age!  It will be so much fun for you and them! And crazy that you both thought about the same name!

@MsBeachNJ My H is exactly like yours and it gets so frustrating.  Even when I say things like, "You know Christmas is in 8 days and we don't have a present for your dad yet, give me ideas or get something now" it doesn't happen until last minute or very late.  I feel like it makes me look bad or unthoughtful and it frustrates me!

@SMLmom I plan to work as long as I possibly can, mostly because I want to be able to stay home with baby for as long as possible before my FMLA time is up.  My current plan is to work until I'm going into labor and then my boss will let everyone know that I am out for good.  However, I'm lucky in that I work from home and can work pretty easily, even if I'm big and uncomfortable.

@arteduc8 Neat idea on the wall decals.  I've never heard of that before, but am looking forward to seeing pictures.

How far along are you?
    28 + 5

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Besides seasonal allergies, feeling pretty good this week.  Getting used to the more frequent bathroom breaks and feeling like there is no room in my  stomach for my own organs. Rant: Work has been super busy and I am ready for it to slow down! Rave: Had a 28 week ultrasound today to see how baby is growing.  He's big (measuring almost 3 weeks ahead; about 90th percentile for current gestation) but looking healthy and doctor said both he and I are doing great!  I loved seeing him move, roll over, breathe, and open/close his mouth. I can't wait for him to be here!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Starting to freak out that he will come early and we will be so unprepared - mainly stemming from the ultrasound technician saying today that he is measuring like his due date is June 1 instead of June 17.

We saw Whiskey Tango Foxtrot this weekend.  I thought it was good; and funnier than I was expecting at parts.  I really like Tina Fey, so always enjoy watching things she is in.
  • @jaceyannie I wouldn't want to host my in-laws right now, that's for sure.  Good luck!
  • @MrsAlliKat my thoughts exactly I hate looking like we gave it no thought! I usually pride myself on very thoughtful gifts! So frustrating! Must be a male thing!!
  • @kbequette08 -  Props on the courage to watch a tear jerker... I'm not that brave.  I would turn into a sobbing, hyperventilating mess.

@BakerBird525-  Hey, catching your own puke is great practice for the reflexes once the baby is here.

@SMLmom-  maybe your little one moved down a bit to give your stomach a break.  My OB said when the baby is up higher it makes that little valve stay open which is what causes the heartburn.  Ughhh- if only there was a secret to turn it off permanently.  

How far along are you? 29+1

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: It's hump day- almost.to.Friday! Rant-The Cardiologist I saw this morning was pretty dismissive of my issues.  I guess it's good he doesn't seem to think there's an issue but I wish he would have checked things out more.  He just recommended an echo next week.... no holter, no stress test.  Symptoms- lightheaded and exhausted- just trying to keep my eyes open takes full effort, peeing every five minutes from pressure on my bladder, anxiety in general!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Set the glider up last night.  Need to put the fabric protector on it tonight.  Other than that just pinning away on Pinterest in anticipation of getting some things done this weekend.

Questions? How do you guys handle all these strange symptoms?  I swear I've spent half of my pregnancy terrified I'm dying.  Has anyone seen the movie Sisters yet???  

GTKY: (Stolen) What is the last movie you saw?  Give us a review!   I haven't been to the theaters in FOR-EVA, but I watch a lot of movies at home.  I stick with the feel good classics like "Old School," "28 Dresses," "Bridal War," "Devil Wears Prada."  They're all on DVR at my beckoning call.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ucfgemini now that is interesting!  My baby appeared to do a whole flip around on Friday when I was in all kinds of pain- since then, kicks have been higher rather than right on the cervix.  I wonder if he moved away from a stomach valve in the process.  Anyway, not having constant heartburn sure is refreshing!!!  
  • How far along are you? 31w

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    I love that im starting to get a nice round bump and no longer just feel fat. H gets so mad when I dont think I look good. Its hard to feel like you look good when none of your clothes fit. Ive had the flu for a week and a half along with a Kidney infection. Im just not starting to feel better but still have the annoying cough. 

Ive been making decisions here and there for my baby shower. Mines scheduled a bit late, April 24th, because my due date was initially two weeks later than it is now. Freaking out a little bit because I feel like its too close to my due date, only a little over 4 weeks away. We've also been getting some pretty awesome extras from my SIL who had her baby in January. 

Questions?
    Anyone else starting to get leg cramps in the middle of the night? It just started last night and was killer.

The last movie I was was Deadpool. I thought it was funny but wasnt 100% in love with it. It was kind of a spur of the moment choice to go and it was the only movie showing in our time frame. It did have a good plot and wasnt the typical love story, which i liked. I just wasnt into all of the nasty stuff. 
  • cdmkruger said:
    Questions?
    Anyone else starting to get leg cramps in the middle of the night? It just started last night and was killer.

Like a quick intense cramp?  More potassium helped me with those.  I also get restless legs and haven't found a good solution for those. 
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @cdmkruger There was a recent thread about charley horse cramps that you might find useful. I'd link it, but I'm on mobile. Lots of good suggestions there though! 
  • im posting and then reading the thread.  So I'm sorry for not responding to people.  

How far along are you? 29+5

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: my daughter wants to do nothing but lay on my lap all day, and while I love the snuggles, I have stuff I need to get done plus she is just making me super hot.   My left hip and knee are really sore. 

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Cleaning when I can. 

Questions? 

GTKY: (Stolen) What is the last movie you saw?  Give us a review! Hop.  It's a kids movie about a man who becomes the Easter bunny after the next inline Easter bunny runs away because he wants to be a drummer. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • BoonhildeBoonhilde member
    edited March 2016
    29 weeks and 3 days!

The last movie I saw... in the theaters? Yikes. That would be Mockingjay Part 2. (I have a toddler and don't live near anyone I'd trust to babysit.) Usually we save money by just buying the movies we want to see when they come to video. (It's crazy that that's cheaper than going to the movies!) But in that case, then the last movie I saw was The Good Dinosaur. I've seen it 900 times. I don't like it. There's about ten minutes of it I like. The rest is either sad or boring or both. (I get depressed easily, so I don't do sad. I have no patience for sad.)

I'm looking forward to seeing Batman vs Superman and Zootopia. DH has seen both. He took toddler to see it when I did my 3 hour glucose and then he saw BvS yesterday when he took our car in to get it fixed. I don't mind. I used to be a huge film buff (majored in it for a while) but once I got out of the habit of seeing them all. the. time. And once my depression kicked in super hard, they lost their appeal. Now I only want super happy movies, where nothing bad happens. This describes about three movies. Luckily one of them is Mean Girls.
    BabyFetus Ticker