September 2016 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 3/30

How far along?

What size is baby?

How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say?
Me: 26     DH: 25
DS1 -- 9/30/2016

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 3/30

• I can't believe it's Wednesday already!

How far along? 18 weeks

What size is baby? sweet potato: 5.6 inches/6.7 oz

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Been getting over some allergy/cold stuff since the cold snap we had over the weekend. Also I am really starting to feel the extra weight in my joints/feet/hips already. I am a back sleeper and being on my side makes me toss and turn a lot more.

Upcoming appointments? anatomy scan on April 14th

Rants/Raves/Questions: So I didn't remember this from last pregnancy, but ever since I hit 2nd trimester my sex drive has been back. DH and I DTD two nights in a row! Holy hormones. 

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say? I love this question. 

Warning: to avoid aggressive attacks and/or physical or emotional injury, do not interact with this human during the hours of pulling-head-off-the-pillow A.M. and first-bite-of-breakfast A.M.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• How far along?
    17 weeks! 

What size is baby?
    An onion. We started calling him/her "Avocado" last week, as that was the size. I will miss it, because "Onion" doesn't sound quite as cute. 

How are you feeling?
    Less tired, but still could take a nap anytime, anywhere. I am in a dance show on Saturday, so I am practising a bunch for that, which might be helping. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Not until my anatomy scan 4/20. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:I got a call from my doctor's office, they left a message just to call back. So I did, but got the recording that it is "after hours." What kind of garbage is that, to be closed at 12:45 on a Wednesday? As I was typing this, I got routed to the after hours answering service, and all she could tell me was that they were on lunch until 1:15. While that is still stupid, it is slightly less irritating than if they were closed for the whole day. 

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say?
    Warning: Wit is sharper than it first appears. 
    Or maybe
    Warning: It's when I don't mock you that you should be concerned I don't like you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along? 16 weeks

What size is baby? Avocado

How are you feeling? Still battling my cold but I'm hopeful I will win that battle sometime this week! 

Upcoming appointments? Just had one last week so not for another three weeks or so

Rants/Raves/Questions: I got my pap smear test results back from last week - atypical cells on the cervix. Obviously, I was hoping for better. I haven't spoken to the doctor yet, I just got the results from the front desk. It sounds though that there is nothing they will/can do till after birth. Does anybody have any experience with this?

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say? Think before you speak.  I will question anything you say - explicitly or implicitly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay ticker  change day!
    How far along? 16 weeks

What size is baby? avocado

How are you feeling? Good! My back has been hurting a little at night and it's affecting my sleep so I may break out the body pillow. Otherwise, nothing to complain about.

Upcoming appointments? OB appointment on 4/22 and anatomy scan on 4/26

Rants/Raves/Questions: shockingly nothing

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say? Don't bother until she's had her morning coffee.

@anneb614 I haven't dealt with that but know many people who have gotten that result. It's generally nothing. Hope that's the case for you.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PSUBecky23 Thanks, that's reassuring. I guess I'll have to deal with it in October after the LO is here. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @anneb644 your doctor may want to do a colposcopy to remove tissue for biopsy. I believe that's safe during pregnancy.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PSUBecky23 Doesn't sound very appealing  :D but I'll ask her about it next time. Thanks! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along? 14! Hello second tri!

What size is baby? Lemon or troll doll

How are you feeling? Feeling good most days, but I every few days I get a migraine that is killer

Upcoming appointments? Not until 4/18

Rants/Raves/Questions: Went public on Sunday which was nice and went well. My secret pal at work got me goldfish crackers and chocolate so the day is good

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say? May explode in excitement or frustration without notice
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• sunshinern96sunshinern96 member
    edited March 2016

How far along? 17 weeks!

What size is baby? Onion or video game controller 

How are you feeling? Still having nausea in the mornings but overall have more energy! Also feeling the baby kick more consistently now which is cool!

Upcoming appointments? April 8th for anatomy scan! Can't wait to hopefully confirm that we have a healthy baby in there and to know the sex!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Felt baby give a couple good kicks from the outside yesterday evening!! I am really hoping that DH will be able to feel a kick soon!

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say? Nice unless tired or hungry, especially while pregnant!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay! It’s Wednesday.  I love this day so much more now.  Week is halfway over and I get a little pick me up with the ticker change and the push notifications of what changes/growing baby will do this week :smile: 

@skirtandsandals I love the Avocado nickname! 

@anneb644 I, unfortunately, don’t have any experience with what you’re going through but wanted to let you know that we’ll be thinking of you.  Keep us posted on what they say.

@AmMcc12 Yay for 2nd trimester!  Glad to hear that you’re feeling good most days.  I’m waiting for the burst of energy that I thought we were supposed to get to kick in…

@Knottie1456511431 that’s so exciting to feel your baby kick more consistently.  I can’t wait to feel my Peanut kick.  Besides having a baby at the end sometimes I feel like the kicking they do is the only great thing about being pregnant.

How far along?  14 Weeks

What size is baby? Lemon, House Mouse, and a Troll Doll.  I hope Peanut has that much hair when (s)he is born.

How are you feeling?  Okay.  Still battling a little bit of nausea but I do not need the diclegis as often so that’s a win.  Had some pretty strange pulled muscle sensations in my upper abdomen yesterday.  Mostly just when I needed to turn over in bed.  It didn’t hurt but it kept feeling like I was being poked in the stomach.  Like they were pushing in a good 3 – 4 inches but it didn’t hurt.  Seems to be gone this morning.

Upcoming appointments? Saturday for a private gender reveal.  We can hardly wait.  I’m convinced we’re Team Blue but we shall see…

Rants/Raves/Questions: Doctor’s office called with Materni21 results late last week (I caved! And the doctor recommended it) and said we are low-risk.  So, so, so happy!  We asked to not find out the sex at the time but I’ll call early next week to confirm the results from this weekend.  Hey, we’re only 14 weeks.  The office that is performing the ultrasound is confident in the results but I want DNA confirmation with going this early.

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say? I think I might need a couple.  Probably something along the lines of “Use caution when she is tired or hungry” or something about limited patience when I’m pregnant.

Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along? 17 weeks

What size is baby? Onion

How are you feeling? Tired.

Upcoming appointments? I had a prenatal appointment today, all is well, HR around 150bpm, baby kept moving away from the Doppler which I thought was funny. I have a breast scan next week to check on a lump. Hopefully it's nothing more than a cyst or clogged duct.

Rants/Raves/Questions: My kids are sick. I hate when they aren't feeling well and there isn't anything you can do but wait it out.  My little girl is coughing non stop and as bad as I feel for her, the sound is driving me nuts... I feel bad but can't help getting annoyed by it.  Hopefully they're both feeling better soon.

GTKY: If you had a warning label, what would it say?  In need of sleep, proceed with caution.

#1 DS Apr.2010    #2 DD Feb.2013    #3 DS Sept.2016

• @ajn092 I agree that feeling baby kick is awesome. I'm dying to feel this one but then I think back to how it felt like my daughter was trying to bust her way out constantly and I'm good to wait for a little. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @TheTamedShrew My DH is hoping my sex drive comes back soon. Glad to hear that you are getting over the cold and whatnot

@skirtandsandals What kind of dance show are you in? Did you hear back from your doctor?

@anneb644 I don’t have experience with that, but hopefully you will get some answers soon. You will be in my thoughts!

@PSUBecky23 I bust out the body pillow a few weeks ago and love it!

@Knottie1456511431 So exciting that you are feeling kicks on the outside! PS I wish the bump gods would fix your name

@ajn092 hopefully the nausea will be gone completely soon! I’m jealous that you are finding out gender so soon. We still have to wait for the A/S which we haven’t even scheduled yet!

@KayJDT3 Glad your appointment went well today. Hopefully the breast scan comes out with good results and nothing major. Will be thinking of you!

DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @AmMcc12 the good news is that today, I got an email from someone saying they are working on it...So that's progress! Hopefully it gets fixed soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • ajn092ajn092 member
    edited March 2016
    @PSUBecky23 It's like there is this perfect little window where the kicks are consistent, and cute, before they start getting feet in ribs and head-butting your cervix (ouch!)

ETA: @AmMcc12 hopefully you can schedule to A/S soon!  I'm hoping that the rest of the pregnancy won't drag since this is (in some ways) this feels like the biggest surprise and it is a good half-way point in the pregnancy.  Finding out at 20 weeks is a great way to start the downward slope of the pregnancy.
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks, @ajn092. I am trying to use Onion this week, but Avocado might stick, especially when Turnip comes around, haha.

@AmMcc12, yes, finally! It was the results of my (some acronym I forgot) blood test. The results are completely negative, so no Spina Bifida here! It was really frustrating, why couldn't they leave that as the message?!? Not reassuring at all!