May 2016 Moms

TW Tuesday 3/29

I checked multiple times for this and didn't see it...

1. The Bump for not organizing my posts by post date for some reason. It has me all messed up.

2. My FIL for making my husband feel bad about not getting to see the new baby as often as he feels he should. He's not even here yet!!! FIL thinks he doesn't see us enough already because we don't go over to his house except for holidays. Well the door opens both ways! He NEVER makes an effort to come to our house. There is a huge back story as to why we stopped going over to his house and it involves his girlfriend who used to be my Aunt by marriage.

He seriously believes it's completely our fault that he doesn't get to see us anymore and I am soooo over it. He has never been told he's not welcome at our house and since we moved in to our new place in 2013 I think he has maybe been there 3 times total.

okay, I'm getting ranty so I'm going to be done.
TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
An Angel in The Book of Life
Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
And Whispered as She Closed the Book
Too Beautiful for Earth...
TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TW Tuesday 3/29

• DH's boss for "pulling rank" and making DH work this Saturday (DH's regularly scheduled off day) aka our shower day. Told DH he has a crawfish boil to go to. He then proceeded to laugh and joke behind DH's back that he pulled rank and DH isn't able to go to his baby shower. He's so loved by the other employees they all ran to DH and told him about this. He also called out on DD's birthday this month making DH work on her birthday as well. I hate him and sincerely hope he gets food poisoning on Saturday.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • @kbrands7 I'm so mad and I can't tell if my level of being mad is heightened by pg or if I've evolved into a rager from dealing with DH's jobs disappointments.
    I can understand that. Seriously, he has such a hard job, it's really not much to expect that his regular days off-- and the special things scheduled on them-- won't be screwed with.Twice recently no less. I'm mad for you!
  • @doozer1345  that's That is ridiculous...I'm so sorry :(
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• @aquinna82 we would 't even care if he just dropped by. I don't understand why he thinks it needs to be this big production with an invite and everything. Usually when we do invite him over he either comes late and doesn't stay for very long or makes some excuse about why he can't come. He's definitely being "silly."
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kbrands7 said:
    @kbrands7 I'm so mad and I can't tell if my level of being mad is heightened by pg or if I've evolved into a rager from dealing with DH's jobs disappointments.
    I can understand that. Seriously, he has such a hard job, it's really not much to expect that his regular days off-- and the special things scheduled on them-- won't be screwed with.Twice recently no less. I'm mad for you!
    OH! AND DH was supposed to be the grill-er of the food so now I'm having to scramble to get food for the shower. I'm hoping Sam's Club won't let me down!
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• arj14arj14 member
    @doozer1345 holy crap, your DH's boss is a major douchebag.  I'm sorry. :(
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @doozer1345 that is such BS, what a jerk! I'd be livid if I were you. So sorry! Is there no one else who can cover the Saturday shift for your H? I can't accept that he has to miss your shower! 
  • @doozer1345  That sucks! My DH transferred positions recently and it was the best decision yet. He was suppose to start the new position the first Monday of 2016 - new year new position. Well, a job that he was scheduled for in February ( so obviously he wouldn't be there for that) his boss switched it so DH had to stay in his old position a week longer than expected to do this job. Problem was that the A/S was that week so DH had to call out that day in order to go to the appt with me. He was forced to take a PTO day 7 days into the new year. -Thanks we need that time for when baby is here. 

My TW is MIL. She "gifted" us with a new front yard landscape. We have talked about how ugly our yard was from the day we moved in but its just a yard so its not top priority to change it. MIL sold her business and has all this extra money so she wanted to gift us the landscape work. DH talked to her about putting the money towards something else : our AC went out this week, we have to replace a number of windows before LO gets here, a number of other things that honestly probably would have been cheaper. Apparently she got offended that we would ask of something else and insisted that we are getting the landscaping done. Well they came yesterday and Im pretty sure our yard is in no better shape . And now I feel like she wasted her money on a job that no one is happy with. Thanks of the gift! 
  • @LadySamLady Nope. It has to be a supervisor and the other supervisor is in cahoots with DH's boss and got written off the schedule that day too. Just because. 
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• DH's boss for "pulling rank" and making DH work this Saturday (DH's regularly scheduled off day) aka our shower day. Told DH he has a crawfish boil to go to. He then proceeded to laugh and joke behind DH's back that he pulled rank and DH isn't able to go to his baby shower. He's so loved by the other employees they all ran to DH and told him about this. He also called out on DD's birthday this month making DH work on her birthday as well. I hate him and sincerely hope he gets food poisoning on Saturday.
    OMG what a prick!   Hope he eats some bad fish and gets sick.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • @doozer1345 I am livid on your behalf. 

My TW for the week is similar to yours but not as crappy as what's going on with your hubs. DH is really unhappy with his job right now and he is miserable to be around. I want to help but I there just isn't a lot I can do, and I need his help more than ever because I am so incapacitated at the moment. 

He's interviewed at a couple places but both have passed. His plan right now is to go full bore with the job search when we take parental leave, but I just wish something could happen now. Having 2 miserable people in one house is, well,  miserable. 
  • @doozer1345  I think we are all feeling the rage on your behalf! That's flippin ridiculous!!

My TW's are as follows:

1. The Bump for their jacked up postings. Totally out of order and frustrating me.

2. This heinous heartburn, that makes life miserable no matter what I do.

3. The lost tv remote for our bedroom tv that we just got. I cannot find it anywhere. I literally woke up in the night having a panic attack about a freaking tv remote. Which, though I suffer from anxiety, is a new low. I'm guessing DS ran off with it somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.

4. Me. For having so very much to do, and a really high likelihood of another 36 week delivery, and absolutely zero energy or motivation to get anything done. All my nesting energy is gone. So I'm just floundering around wishing I could take a long series of naps punctuated by food that someone else makes for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My TW is our financial class. Our church has been doing a financial class through Dave Ramsey and today we talked about insurance/in case of death, and of course they told a sad story about a guy who died three days before his baby was born. Plus it was boiling hot to me in the room and I had to sit on a folding chair- I spent most of the class trying hard not to be that complaining pregnant woman!
  • I second the heinous heartburn ... That hasn't led up one bit since noon . 9 hours of my esophagus on fire . Go the F away heartburn . 
  • evalynn24 said:
    @aquinna82 we would 't even care if he just dropped by. I don't understand why he thinks it needs to be this big production with an invite and everything. Usually when we do invite him over he either comes late and doesn't stay for very long or makes some excuse about why he can't come. He's definitely being "silly."
    LOL ... I used "silly" because I try not to call other people's family members "asshats."  :smiley: 
  • @doozer1345 I am livid on your behalf. 

My TW for the week is similar to yours but not as crappy as what's going on with your hubs. DH is really unhappy with his job right now and he is miserable to be around. I want to help but I there just isn't a lot I can do, and I need his help more than ever because I am so incapacitated at the moment. 

He's interviewed at a couple places but both have passed. His plan right now is to go full bore with the job search when we take parental leave, but I just wish something could happen now. Having 2 miserable people in one house is, well,  miserable. 
    FX for your H! DH and I went through the two miserable people situation in the first trimester because he was laid off right after we got our BFP. Job searching can be rough. What really helped him, was contacting a recruiter/resume editor to work with him-- it raised his spirits and confidence, and helped him to get more interviews/practice for interviews, and polish his resume. Best $50 we spent during that job search.
  • @doozer1345 I like to think in these situations where your hands are tied, that eventually somewhere at some point, that jerk will piss off the wrong person and get their comeuppance. For someone to be that big of a jerk, the probability just seems to high that there's no way a person can go through life treating others like that without some sort of fallout.
  • @Aquinna82 I assumed so :)
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker