Baby Names
Options

Suggestions needed! Baby names are so hard!

Baby naming is so hard.  With our first, we had a name a few months into pregnancy.  With our second, we had a boys name figured out and were hoping as we went into the hospital that the baby would be a boy since we didn't have an idea for a girls name! I remember my husband pointing to a dirty back window of a van in the hospital parking lot that had a name scratched in the dirt and saying, "how about that one?!" Haha!
SO, here we are again.  36.5 weeks and still don't have a name. My son arrived at 38 weeks.  I know you ladies can be super helpful so I'm hoping you might have a suggestion or two!
Our daughter is Liliana Janae and our son is Clark Jeffrey.  We prefer less common names but not ones that are 'out there'. I also prefer ones that are gender specific.  The middle name will start with a 'J'.  It's a cousins thing.
We don't know the gender so we're working on both sides here.

Boy ideas:  Barrett, Lyndon, Killian... 
Girl ideas:  .... pretty bare on this side actually.  My husband likes Calise. We had talked about Mariel but I am not a huge fan of the nn being Mary (even though that is my mom's name).

So basically I am looking for ideas or opinions! I am not super set on 'matching' the sibset but I don't want them to sound totally awful together either.

Thanks in advance!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Suggestions needed! Baby names are so hard!

• Options
    Suggesting: 

Benedict
    Leland
    Lachlan
    Landon 
    Lance
    Martin
    harris
    Bennett

Miriam
    Corrine
    Celeste
    Cecilia
    Clarice
    Melanie
    Miranda
    Linnea

• Options
    Mariel/Mariella is nice, and you could do Ella or Marie for a nickname instead of mary. 

I don’t like Calise at all (did you mistake it for Carlisle?, but Carlisle is masculine ) in a similar vein though,  Elise, Eloise or Elodie would be lovely with Liliana.

For a boy, Barrett is kinda trendy compared to the others, Lyndon is alright but very surnamey.  I prefer Cillian to Killian. 

Suggest 
    Grant 
    Edgar 
    Allan 
    Marcel
    Carlisle 
    Bernard 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about Murielle for a girl?  It's close to Mariel and will avoid the Mary nn.  It's especially pretty when pronounced in French ; ) 

I love PP's suggestion of Eloise and Miriam.  Both (and Murielle) were on my list but DH vetoed them all.  

Calise makes me think of game of thrones!  

I suck at boy names so I am not going to try to help there!

#1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    Oh was Calise a name on Game of Thrones?! I haven't watched it. We liked the way it sounded but truthfully I may not even know how it's properly pronounced! 
    Thanks for the ideas and suggestions! I'll have to mull them over with DH. :) Keep them coming!

I've only ever met one Barrett... he is mid thirties so it didn't feel trendy to me. Funny how people we meet so much affects how we think of names!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Suggestions... Girls- Iris, Eileen, Eloise, Fiona, Wren, Lydia, Hazel, Lorelei .. boys- Silas, Rowan, Holden, Simon, sawyer, Kellen, Everett 
  • Options
    I have a Kilian, so I vote for that (any spelling)! ☺
  • Options
    Freeza said:
    Baby naming is so hard.  With our first, we had a name a few months into pregnancy.  With our second, we had a boys name figured out and were hoping as we went into the hospital that the baby would be a boy since we didn't have an idea for a girls name! I remember my husband pointing to a dirty back window of a van in the hospital parking lot that had a name scratched in the dirt and saying, "how about that one?!" Haha!
    SO, here we are again.  36.5 weeks and still don't have a name. My son arrived at 38 weeks.  I know you ladies can be super helpful so I'm hoping you might have a suggestion or two!
    Our daughter is Liliana Janae and our son is Clark Jeffrey.  We prefer less common names but not ones that are 'out there'. I also prefer ones that are gender specific.  The middle name will start with a 'J'.  It's a cousins thing.
    We don't know the gender so we're working on both sides here.

Boy ideas:  Barrett, Lyndon, Killian... 
    Girl ideas:  .... pretty bare on this side actually.  My husband likes Calise. We had talked about Mariel but I am not a huge fan of the nn being Mary (even though that is my mom's name).

So basically I am looking for ideas or opinions! I am not super set on 'matching' the sibset but I don't want them to sound totally awful together either.

Thanks in advance!!
    Barrett and Killian are both on my list. I like them both!  For girl names what about Caliope (Callie), Maren (similar to Mariel), Cadence, Charlize (like Charlize Theron), Ivy, Mila...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Freeza said:
    Oh was Calise a name on Game of Thrones?! I haven't watched it. We liked the way it sounded but truthfully I may not even know how it's properly pronounced! 
    Thanks for the ideas and suggestions! I'll have to mull them over with DH. :) Keep them coming!

I've only ever met one Barrett... he is mid thirties so it didn't feel trendy to me. Funny how people we meet so much affects how we think of names!

Khaleesi is a character in GOT but they are pronounced very similarly.  Aria is another GOT name that is gaining popularity since the books/series came out.  This is me flying my nerd flag! 
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    Yes to Killian. Not a fan of your other names. I like other people's suggestions of Calliope, Iris, Hazel, Cecilia, Celeste, Melanie, Simon, Kellen, Grant, and Lachlan.

Maybe you'd also like Ivy? I think it's a beautiful name that isn't so common.
  • Options
    Calise? What about Elise? It's a pretty and real girls name.

Elise Julia
    Arabella Jane
    Mariah Jade

Bennett Julian
    Rory Jonathan
    Desmond Joseph

• Options
    sbn11sbn11 member
    I really like Killian as well as the suggestions of Maren & Elise.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody!
    We had found the name Calise while reading through the girl names section of our baby book... apparently it means "a gorgeous woman". We did think it sounded a little too much like callus. Haha.
    Okay, so we like some of the names, like Lance, Celeste, Lydia, Silas, or Miriam but know people too closely to use any of them.
    Hazel was my grandmas name and I have always wished I wanted to use it more than I do.  
    I will have to think on the rest.  Somehow nothing is just jumping out at me yet.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    momma2charmomma2char member
    edited April 2016
    Boys:
    Sebastian
    Harrison
    Maxwell
    Tobias
    Augustus/August
    Finnian/Finnegan
    Henry (Hank)