September 2016 Moms

~*~Tuesday Ticker Change~*~

*Sorry for the delay ladies!  We were having internet issues at work today.

For babies due 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks?

What size?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? 

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~*~Tuesday Ticker Change~*~

• For babies due 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks? 15 weeks

What size? Naval Orange

Upcoming appointments? Next Friday, 16 week appointment and first shot of progesterone :/

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so ready to feel this baby move.  I'm hoping it will help me connect and really embrace that this is happening (back story, I've had a hard time truly embracing this pregnancy.  I totally wanted it to happen and we tried for 8 months...in November my son was extremely ill and we didn't know what was going to happen.  I definitely think I'm traumatized from the whole situation and have had a hard time accepting this pregnancy for fear something is going to go wrong.  I can't deal with anymore trauma.  Recently every night when I'm trying to go to sleep I keep picturing some of the horrible things that happened and end up crying myself to sleep.  It's awful and I fully intend on bringing it up at my next appointment)

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? None at this point really

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for? I've announced to my social circle and family, but haven't made it a general public announcement yet (which is certainly somewhat related to the above comments about connecting to this baby).  I need to tell my bosses this week because we have a scheduling meeting next week and I want to make sure time for me to pump when I come back is fit in somehow, so they'd obviously need to know.  I'm not sure how we'll make the official public announcement, but in telling family and friends I like to slip it into conversation and wait for them to react.  For instance, my one friend flubbed and said "diagonalley is due in March (when talking about another friend)" and I was like no, diagonalley is due in September.  The look on her face was priceless :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks? 17

What size? Onion

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan on April 22!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I am just so over feeling like shit all the time.  By this time in my first pregnancy I felt like a million bucks and was just glorying in allllll the food.  I cried to my ob in my appointment yesterday because I was so frustrated and tired.  I'm not even nauseous half of the time, I just.... feel unwell.  Hungry but don't want to eat, nauseous at night, crazy sinus headaches, bad, bad heartburn, sleeping like crap, sooo tired, the list goes on.  I'm taking zantac so the heartburn is better, but the rest of the stuff is just me feeling blah, so there's no magic solution.  My ob tried to reassure me that I WILL feel better eventually, so chin up.  She's actually pregnant, too, and said that she felt pretty crummy until 20 weeks.  I guess that means there's still hope!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Aversions: pretty much whatever I have in my house.  Cravings: pretty much whatever I don't have in my house, until I have it :(  Woe is me.

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for?  Yep, we did it on facebook at 12 weeks.  Posted a picture of the toddler holding an ultrasound photo.  We are not particularly creative.
  • How many weeks? 14

What size? Troll Doll or 8 oz. filet mignon....mmmm....

Upcoming appointments? Nothing for two more weeks. The wait is awful! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm gonna kill my husband. The rage is real... I think he means well, but if I hear, "What's wrong with you" one more time. Maybe I should erase this message just in case...

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Nothing really right now. Still having a bit of a problem with mozzarella sticks. I keep eating them! They're not real food!

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for?
    I've told most people I know IRL, but haven't done the FB announcement. We're doing a gender reveal/balloon pop tonight, so I'm thinking I'll post that on FB. I had a miscarriage in June, so I'm just super paranoid. I'm also kind of superstitious, so (I know this is crazy) I'm afraid to give the universe a way to mess with me.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How many weeks? 16 weeks!

What size? An avocado or a Philippine Tarsier 

Upcoming appointments? 16 week appt on Thursday. It should be short and routine, but very much looking forward to hearing that little hearbeat. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Craving some donuts after a pic on one of the threads here. Also, still craving lunch meat like crazy. 

We announced to family and close friends before the 12 week mark. Nothing special, just told them we were expecting or that McKenna is going to be a big sister. We made a FB announcement after the 12 week appt. We shared the below photo, and I made a post about how she was studying for her new role come this September. (She wasn't cooperating with the book picture. To get her just to hold the book, she is watching "Frozen" on the TV. Hence her dazed out expression. :confused: )

• *Sorry for the delay ladies!  We were having internet issues at work today. Don't be sorry, I was a little worried wondering where you were, but happy to see all is well

For babies due 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks? 17! How is that even possible?

What size? An onion (YUCK!) or pomegranate (yum!). My favorite - a CHIPMUNK!!

Upcoming appointments? Not until 4/20 - which is my anatomy scan! Booyeah, gotta keep busy for a few weeks and rush the time along!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I was so happy on Sunday to step on the scale and say Hey, about 17 weeks and have gained 10 pounds.. that's great. Today I stepped on to see another 5 added on. 17 weeks and 15 pounds doesn't make me as happy, but I know it's a lot of water weight, etc that will even out. Just put a damper on my morning

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Nada

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for? We announced to close family/friends by phonecalls/text messages. We put pictures on Facebook with our son in a shirt saying "Most amazing brother ever" with a caption about his new role in September.  For others, I just come out and tell them, or at 17 weeks people are brave enough to guess from my bump, which I do hold or rub often so I think that also clues people in.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @pilotswifey Nonsense. The cheese sticks are dairy! :wink: 

• @camichael84 - my kinda gal! And the breading COULD be whole grain (don't research to see if it is...) and dip those bad boys in some marinara for some vegetables! Hello, well-balanced meal!!

Also, McKenna is such a cute little thing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ThscaryThscary member
    edited March 2016

For babies due 9/27

How many weeks? 14! Finally second Tri

What size? Lemon

Upcoming appointments? 4/7

Rants/Raves/Questions? I agreed to switch a weekend with someone at work without realizing I was giving up my comp day that I had my a/s scan scheduled for. Now I have to reschedule it :(

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Symptoms haven't been anything to complain about really. no real cravings but still having some aversions. Strangely the aversions are to things that we ate very regularly before I was pregnant

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for? We have, but really my parents did it for us. Even though we asked them not too, they spilled beans to everyone so it wasn't a surprise to anyone when we finally announced. Even one of my best friends from hs found out through the grapevine before I announced, which sucked. Next baby, my parents will find out at the same time as everyone else
  • ThscaryThscary member
    edited March 2016
  • SsoccerballSsoccerball member
    edited March 2016
    How many weeks?  16

What size?  Avocado

Upcoming appointments?  OB at 18 weeks and Anatomy Scan at 20 weeks

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for?  We have.  We told all family and close friends in person or by telephone.  We told the rest of the world via Facebook by simply saying, "We are expecting:"

• How many weeks? 14

What size? Troll doll

Upcoming appointments? Regular ob appt Friday, every two week appts with the Perinatologist start in two weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am still so flipping tired.  Over it.  

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Still can't eat chicken or drink coffee, both which make me sad.  I am still at zero pounds gained which is getting a little concerning considering I'm growing two in there. 

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for? We did! Just the other day.  We had told our immediate families and close friends a few weeks ago, and then more of both after my nuchal translucency last week.  We posted a pic of my son on Facebook with signs that said "guess what?! I'm going to be a big brother!  Mom is expecting baby #2... And baby #3!"  Most people were positive, some older people have been very vocal about how hard it's going to be. Dude, I get it. 

***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

How many weeks? 16 weeks!

What size?  Philippine tarsier

Upcoming appointments?  This Friday.  I'm excited to get to see baby girl again!

Rants/Raves/Questions?   TMI but I have been dealing with a damn yeast infection for 2 months now!  I've done two rounds of 7 day OTC meds.  It will be gone for a week or two and comes right back.  I hope my doc will finally give me a script Friday to beat this darn thing!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?   I've had RLS like crazy.   Dh even says something to me about it in the mornings.   The acid reflux is still here and so annoying.  

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for?   We announced a while ago on FB and called close family and friends.  Basically just said #4 is due in Sept.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010

How many weeks? 14! 

What size? Lemon 

Upcoming appointments?  17 week appointment on 4/18.  It will only be the second time we've heard the heartbeat, so we're looking forward to it!  Anatomy scan is scheduled for 5/5.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I've been sick with a cough for the past five days and was running a low grade fever, so I've been very anxious about what affect that it can have on the baby.  The midwife assured me that tylenol was okay, but I hate taking meds, even while not pregnant.  It has helped with lowering the fever, but I still feel guilty that it can do some harm.  Has anyone else dealt with a fever in previous pregnancies?  

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Still dealing with MS, mostly starting in the evening, so at least I can make it through work each day without needing to go into hibernation mode on the couch.  Really hoping that there will be some relief with the 2nd trimester and I will have the energy to be more active in the afternoons/evenings.  I do not have any cravings yet, but plenty of aversions (mostly veggies that I normally love-so much for that super healthy diet that I've always envisioned!).

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for?  We were so excited to find out that we told our close friends and family (all of whom would have noticed me not having a drink during the Superbowl) at 6 weeks.  I told work this week, which was a huge relief.  I was nervous about how they would take the news since I am a teacher and we start school in MA at the beginning of September.  I truly had nothing to worry about because they were excited for me:)  Still unsure if we will do a fb announcement or not.  We live and both work in the same town that we grew up in, and news travels fast around here, so it is inevitable that everyone will find out sooner or later.  We find out the gender from the DNA test at the end of this week (YAY!), so I suppose that would be a good time to officially tell the rest of the world if we choose to...decisions, decisions!  
  • How many weeks? 17!

Size? Onion...barf

Upcoming appts? On 4/19, I'll have my 20 week appt and anatomy scan. I feel like these next 3 weeks are going to drag.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I need to rant about my nearly 2.5 year old. She is driving me nuts today! She has two extremes...sweet and cuddly or determined, stubborn and a beast. Today she is a beast. I invited my two friends over tomorrow with their kids, so I had to get to the grocery store for some snacks and lunch. She refused to get in her car seat when we were leaving the store and I ended up crying in the front seat once I got her buckled. This came after a morning of her just being difficult and not listening. I can usually deal with her pretty well, but today she was pushing all my buttons. I've never been more happy for nap time.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions: Migraines still. Yesterday, I got hit with another bad one and spent most of the day throwing up. No consistent cravings.

GTKY: Have you announced to the world? No. 1. I still need to announce to my extended family. I would love to do it in person, but we haven't had an occasion to do that. I'm thinking about emailing them. 2. I've never announced on FB before 20 weeks. With my history of losses, I'm very cautious about announcing. It's probably ridiculous, but oh well.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @mamadomino - so annoying. It'll be hard.. heck it's hard if it's baby #1 or #2 and 3, etc etc. You'll also get double the snuggles, double the laughs, double the hugs. Don't let them get to you, people are annoying
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rfrazier611 I am with you on the feeling like junk. I just said to my husband that I was definitely feeling more like myself by this point in my previous pregnancies. I have no idea how I managed to work while pregnant. There would be no way right now. Between the migraines, exhaustion and just general unwell feeling, like you said, I'm pretty useless.

• How many weeks? 17 weeks 

What size?  An onion.  I hope it's the big kind

Upcoming appointments?  Anatomy scan in 2 weeks

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Doing my best to procrastinate on homework

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Still nauseous.  Mainly at night, but I gagged today on lunch too.  Should be getting better, not worse!!!  I wanted a plain baked potato last night so badly.  It was really good.  

GTKY: Have you announced to the world you are pregnant? If so, how did you do it?  If not, what are you waiting for?  My oldest daughter (she's 17) made this really cute watercolor of a baby duck for our new LO.  I scanned it and added some text to the effect that we're expecting an addition in September.  We emailed it out to our family and close friends.  Maybe we'll put up a FB announcement in a couple of weeks when we know the gender.  I hope the baby cooperates!  
  • jensou said:
    I forgot I can add it in here!  
    That is an adorable duck! My youngest is obsessed with "gucks".

• @LizC216 aww that's so cute.  gucks.  
  • Sorry to hear that some of you are still dealing with nausea etc. :( 

And @diagonalley I hope that your anxiety eases up so that you can enjoy and embrace this pregnancy. I also hope that your doctor can provide some support/suggestions

• How many weeks? 14. Yay! 

What size? Mini troll doll 

Upcoming appointments? April 11th for 16 week appt. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My sister sent me a huge box of her old maternity clothes. It's so much of what I'll need and also now I have an idea of how different brands are sized so I can order online with confidence. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Not much going on, but I'm  starting to notice my growing belly and am very aware of it while trying to get comfy on the couch or sit for long periods of time. I need to work on my posture. 

Our families live far away. We called them around 11/12 weeks and shared with friends after that. My husband shared at work earlier than that. I've just started telling people at work. No cute announcements for us. I love seeing what others are doing and always ooo and ahh at them, but apparently just blurting it out is my style of announcing. Maybe we'll do something on Facebook when we're further along or if I decide to share any photos when I'm visibility pregnant.  If not, we'll share the news after she's born.