December 2016 Moms
Options

Health/Fitness Check-In ~ 3/28

I looked at November's BMB check-in and thought that it was a great format for this check-in.  Just let me know if you have any suggestions on what you think may make it more useful for everyone.

What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?

What is your fitness goal for the week?

Are there any challenges you're facing this week?

How did you do with your goals last week (as/if applicable)?

GTKY:  How do you plan to modify your current exercise routine to account for pregnancy?

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Find some time for you this week (i.e. take a walk, get a mani/pedi, etc.)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health/Fitness Check-In ~ 3/28

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?  Not to use pregnancy as an excuse to eat all the things.  I did that early on in my last pregnancy and completely paid the price as far as overall weight gain was concerned.

Go to the gym 5 times this week.  One down, 4 to go.

Are there any challenges you're facing this week?  Not particularly.  I don't have any symptoms to speak of yet beyond minimal cramping.  While the cramping does concern me a bit, it isn't completely out of the ordinary for me either.  Right now, I'm going to make sure to stay hydrated, and if I think I need to take a break, I will.

How did you do with your goals last week (as/if applicable)?  Not really applicable per se in my case (I just got my BFP today).  I've been in the process of losing the weight that I packed on over the holidays over the past few weeks, and I was doing well on that score though.

GTKY:  How do you plan to modify your current exercise routine to account for pregnancy? 
    I may slowly add in some low level weight training (arms and legs) on some of our gym's machines as I originally planned on doing this week, but I'm not sure.   Otherwise, I don't see an immediate need to modify my current routine (a light jog on the elliptical 5 times a week).  My current plan is to listen to my body, and make changes only as/if needed.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? Same as @H4aPartyof5 (WELCOME!!), trying not to use pregnancy as a gateway excuse! Miraculously, my usual PMS cravings are nowhere to be found. I've had MORE self-control lately! FX'd that keeps up... doubtful.

What is your fitness goal for the week? Pilates every day, ballet class twice a week, maybe go for walks with DH if the weather improves.

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? Today I have to lie to my boss about all the appointments. I have to cancel my laser eye surgery which will generate a LOT of questions... I hate lying, even white lies... ugh. She is going to drill me. I hope I don't crack.

I was doing noon exercise classes at work but they are bootcamp-ish, so I'm going to stop with that. YAY! Not taking any chances. I plan on eating healthier than before, so that will help with the excess fat burn.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Find some time for you this week (i.e. take a walk, get a mani/pedi, etc.) The temperature is finally above zero, going for a walk on a sunny day is a must!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? Log my food- I am not too stressed about it, but would like to keep my weight gain on the lower side because I'm already starting out fluffy and gain weight like it's nothing. 

Go to the gym 4 times

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? I'm so sore! I did a prenatal yoga video that was more meditation than exercise and owwww. I feel so out of shape but wonder if it's part of the stretchiness that happens. A short and simple Pilates video killed my abs, too. I used to lift heavy so didn't expect that. 

Well I've already been exercising more lightly because of school- I typically go for the elliptical and watch youtube videos about physiology and stuff. So it'll be pretty much the same, maybe with more emphasis on yoga. I'm not really comfortable with heavy lifting while pregnant but I'm thinking maybe I can work my arms and use machines at least so I'm not a total marshmallow when this is all over. 

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Find some time for you this week (i.e. take a walk, get a mani/pedi, etc.) I already go for a walk every day, but that's more for the dog than me. Will take some time to work on some photos because that's always relaxing. 
  • Options
    Thanks @PrettyPalomino! :)

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? To not eat out as much. H and I are both pretty good cooks, but we live like a block away from the fast food avenue. What is your fitness goal for the week? To walk at least 10,000 steps everyday I'm at work. I just got a pedometer( I think that's it's name) so I can try one day and adjust as needed. Are there any challenges you're facing this week? Snow days today and tomorrow meaning work week will be 1 day of actually trying to hit my goal. How did you do with your goals last week (as/if applicable)? GTKY: How do you plan to modify your current exercise routine to account for pregnancy? I don't. Right now I don't have one. Last preg. I lost weight and it worried me, so I am hoping to gain a healthy amount this time. Bonus Bumpie Challenge: Find some time for you this week (i.e. take a walk, get a mani/pedi, etc.) With 2 snow days in a row, h is taking me to a late movie of my choice tonight.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? I have been eating really healthy 90% of the time. I try to incorporate spinach or veggies in all my meals. I made this really great vegetable lentil soup on Saturday and froze 4 little containers of it for the week. I just want to make sure I am eating everything that is good for baby. 

I am on my feet pretty much all day for work so in my head that counts for something lol. I know this is terrible but I don't work out. I have a dog so we take him on long walks daily (about .5-1mile a day) but that is the extent of my working out.
     So this week its to hit a full mile on our walks 

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? MY biggest issue is that I always need something sweet to eat... whether its leftover jelly beans or mini brownies...I can't stop it! So  I am trying to just eat fruit when the cravings kick in.

How did you do with your goals last week (as/if applicable)? Not good... I'm pretty sure I ate all the candy in my nephews Easter basket.  :|

Hopefully keep up with the walking and just being outside. 

Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week?     My goal is really to just drink at least 75oz of water a day.  I was behind yesterday but ended strong.  

I am on pelvic rest as a precaution due to my history, so gym is off the table for now.  I should take the dog for a long walk at least 3 times.  I am allowed to do that.

Are there any challenges you're facing this week?  I am hating not being able to go to CrossFit.  It really helps my mood.  Maybe I will get the OK after tomorrow's appointment.

How did you do with your goals last week (as/if applicable)?   My goals were the same & I think I did pretty well!

once I am cleared to workout again I will try to monitor my heartrate more closely and not push for PRs or go crazy.  Just go to get a good sweat on.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Find some time for you this week (i.e. take a walk, get a mani/pedi, etc.)  I totally need to find time tomorrow or Friday for a mani, pedi and a brow wax!  I am looking janky. It will make me feel better :)
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    What is your health/nutrition goal for the week? To cut back on my junk food eating, this cycle I fell into a "screw it i'll eat whatever I want" phase which is NOT good, I need to stop mindless snacking and start my meal prep planning for next week

Get out and go for a nice long walk before the week is over

Are there any challenges you're facing this week? Hoping I'll be able to get in to see my GP tomorrow to make a plan to do whatever it takes to make this baby stick

How did you do with your goals last week (as/if applicable)? N/A

I would like to up my activity a bit (nothing ridiculous but I wanted to get back into running...maybe i'll start with a jog if I get cleared)

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Find some time for you this week (i.e. take a walk, get a mani/pedi, etc.)
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker