September 2016 Moms

Weekend Wins

What was awesome or at least a pinch better than usual?  I was going to post this funny pic of two men (very hot) with easter eggs drawn on their butts but kinda fear I would get a warning so here are babies instead.

Re: Weekend Wins

• We had such a great Easter! My 2 year old loved finding his eggs. It was so cute he would find one and say "treat!! "
    He had some pretty terrible temper tantrums but I think that was because of too much sugar and not enough napping. 
    I also did a scavenger hunt with a 6 pack of beer for my husband and it was such a blast. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Watching my daughter get excited when she would see an egg on the ground just warmed my heart! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I ordered a new Snoogle this weekend. I loved it with my DD, but it's looking worse for the wear, so I decided to get a brand new one. And this one is pink, which irrationally is exciting to me.

Also, the weather was amazing yesterday and DH, DD, and I had such a good time outside. We walked to the neighborhood park where she played around for a while, she got to draw with the sidewalk chalk that she got in her Easter basket, and we spent a lot of time playing with the dog in the backyard. Probably the best day of this year so far. :smile: 

• I had a very good Easter. My big (4 yrs and 2 yrs) girls behaved at church. We still ended up sitting in the basement because the 10 month old wouldn't stop crawling under the benches. It was fine, I could still hear the sermon. Our church is very welcoming of children, but I try to bring them out of the sanctuary if they're being a disruption. We went to my Uncle and Aunt's for the afternoon. The kids looked for Easter eggs outside. It was kind of drizzling so most of the moms stayed inside but I love Easter egg hunts so I went out and helped some 2 year olds fill their baskets. My brother and SIL are visiting from Michigan and it was very nice to see them.
  • My win was realizing that my little guy needed an afternoon of snuggles and relaxing yesterday and not pushing him to do more. He had some teething pain and over-exhaustion after a couple long days at daycare and a long Saturday of celebrating Easter and egg hunts. After playing outside I suggested me, my husband and little guy cuddle up on the couch and watch Inside Out. It held the little guy's attention for at least a half hour, then he wanted to get down and play which was fine - he was really content for the rest of the day :) Good to slow down every once in a while
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My win for the weekend is I was able to take both my boys grocery shopping with me without a single tear, whine or complaint from either one. I was so happy, I almost cried.  Easter was uneventful as it was postponed until later this week due to DH being gone and be being too tired to be festive. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @jhems776 I want to see the hot man butts! For .. science? Science!
    September '16 -  May Signature Challenge
    Awkward Family Fun

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We facebook announced and announced to H's extended side.  For H's side his mom came up with a plan that actually turned out really cute from what we were told (we don't live in hometown).  H's brother is also expecting (2 days after us) and we have a same time announcement planned.  H's mom wore two "Grandma-to-be" buttons and then wouldn't answer any questions or say anything (her idea) and then 30m-45m later BIL and us posted on FB.  Everyone got a kick out of it and went crazy guessing what brother(s) (there are three) and if it meant twins.  BIL and SIL arrived as they posted and eventually just told people one button was from them as no on saw on fb yet.  Then they set up a laptop and we skyped in to announced we were the other button.  I also skyped to one side of my extended fam (all 7 of them) who all knew but was so nice to see them as we talk.
  • We had 4 days off for Easter and spent it all with family. I had a couple of great long talks with my MIL, and feel like I filled up the emotional piggy bank. We try to visit once every 8 weeks or so, and she seems to be much easier to handle afterwards. Also got to see my family and my sister's twins, they are doing really well (born at 28 weeks) and it's such a joy to see!!
  • I had a busy Easter weekend, but it was great. We announced to my mom's family at my cousin's birthday party on Saturday and at Easter lunch with my dad's family and dinner with DH's family on Sunday. My step-sister also announced her pregnancy at lunch, so I wasn't sure how excited everyone would be for me after her announcement, but everyone seemed very excited about both.

Here is how we announced:

**TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• DH I went to Buy Buy Baby and narrowed down our carseat/stroller/bed options! Yay! It feels like such a relief. 
  • Another win - I said to my husband last night "I really feel like talking names tonight and trying to land on a boy and girl name!" and he was all for it!  We have our top 2 contenders now and I am anxiously counting down the next 3 weeks to the anatomy scan to find out which one it will be! (Then we'll practice the name in the privacy of our home and see how we feel about it)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @annas930 I had a win last night too! We already decided on Alice if it was a girl, but I keep saying I loved Rose (which he hates) last night I said "but doesn't Alice Rose sound so pretty" and DH was I really like that. So tada we now have a middle name and one I LOVE
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Jealous of those of you who have names already narrowed down. Team green and neither of us has even thought about it. I like traditional names and he likes off-the-wall stripper names.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PSUBecky23 HAHAHA what is a stripper name???
  • @PSUBecky23 HAHAHA what is a stripper name???

I'm not gonna say because I don't want to offend anyone who might have the name. But you know, names that you would associate with strippers ;)
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm jealous of the deciding of names too!! We keep ADDING names! But I guess we do still have 26 weeks to decide. And it's dumb for me to want to choose before, right, just so baby can have a cute personalized hat at the hospital  :p

• I do have a win though. We bought this table off Varagesale for only $200! It's really nice and seats 8 people. Way better than our last hand me down kitchen table. I'm excited to have guests over.

• I'm counting this as the weekend since it's a long weekend, but I just ordered sushi and I haven't been this food happy in MONTHS. Seriously I did a happy dance when I picked up at the restaurant, which worked in my favour because the owner thought it was hilarious and gave me a free spicy yam roll.