April 2016 Moms

Going back to old routines

Question more toward STMs. For those of you who had to stop cleaning the litter, acne products, etc how soon did you return to these old routines? Does it affect BF as much as they were warned against while pregnant? 

Re: Going back to old routines

• edited March 2016
    Once I started feeling better, which was around 1-2 weeks.  I don't know how changing litter affects BF.  I don't have a cat.
  • Cat litter in regards to toxoplasmosis... No no during pregnancy but just curious during breastfeeding. And anything else that could potentially be passed through breastmilk. 

Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing I really stopped doing when I was pregnant with DD1 was clean the bathrooms, since we used some heavier products in there. I can't remember how much longer after I started doing it, but the only reason it may have been delayed was because I just didn't have the time since the baby slept on me all the time and DH had his hands free a bit more. We have since switched to green, natural cleaners, so the only thing I haven't really done this time is the shower when we need to bleach it. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have to go back to litter boxes after delivery :( my mom and husband have been covering for me. It'd be good to know if it affects anything after birth tho!! Only thing I've also recently stopped is the bathroom and thats just because I complained enough about my back pain and bending over lol. I just had my 22nd bday and drinking would've been nice!!! 
  • I have never heard anything about toxoplasmosis and breastfeeding so I changed the litter once I gave birth to DS. I think overall, I just entered a new type of routine, once I felt better physically and managed to handle chores while taking care of a newborn. Other habits, such as drinking were resumed after birth but gradually, because at first you are nursing a lot and often, and you're tired so I personally didn't feel like drinking very much. 
  • But in all seriousness, you just work yourself back into a routine once you're home. I didn't find it all that hard with DS to return to daily life - didn't really have a choice since I was FT in college and was taking a mix of online and 2 night classes that I had to return to the next week after he was born. It was different then though because we lived with my to-be in laws and DHs brothers so we had more help at home.

Coming home as a mom of 2 to our own place is going to make things much different, plus DH works nights and will probably not be taking any time off except while I'm in the hospital if it falls during his work week, so life has to go back to an abbreviated version of "normal" fairly quickly. My MIL or somebody may come hang with us off and on, which would be fine too. 

Basically, it's different for everybody based on your recovery, LO schedule, and your family/living situation. Wait and see how it goes.. and if you want to continue to pass off litter box duty to someone else, go for it! :P