October 2016 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 3/27

How many weeks and how big is baby?

Current symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 3/27

• How many weeks and how big is baby? 9 weeks. Medium green olive or tater tot.

Current symptoms? Bloating, nausea, food aversions, and waking up during the night to pee.

Rants/Raves/Questions? So I just realized that the mouthwash I was using had alcohol in it. Oops!!! I switched to Crest Pro Health, which has zero alcohol. I didn't even think about mouthwash as being "alcohol" since it isn't a beverage, but I guess some can be absorbed into your body. So I switched just to be extra cautious.

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement? We are going to start telling our family, close friends, and coworkers when we are 13 weeks, and then will do an official social media announcement on May 1st, when we are 14 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • suzy311suzy311 member
    edited March 2016
    How many weeks and how big is baby? 9 weeks - green olive, pecan

Current symptoms? Nausea :( It has been overwhelming for the past week. Also having aversions to pretty much all foods but carbs.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Feeling much better since I've had my ultrasound. Looking forward to making it out of the first tri!

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement? Will probably tell extended family and the rest of our friends at 12 weeks. If we do a Facebook announcement it will probably be around 13-14 weeks. Haven't thought about it to much but it's coming up quickly!!

edit - forgot how many weeks I was, ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker

• WildMamaWildMama member
    edited March 2016
    How far/size?
    13 weeks, peach/clown fish

Symptoms:
    Physically, I finally feel good! Emotionally is another story...

Rant:
    I am really hating my body right now. I want to start taking belly photos b/c I think I'm starting to show, but right now it's hard to tell what's baby belly and what's just fat belly. So when I tried today, I just got disgusted at looking at myself in them and said, "nevermind." I've gained a bunch of weight but don't really look pregnant. I just feel gross and big and full of acne and very, very unattractive.

When to tell:
    We told family & close friends as soon as we got our bfp. Announced to facebook at 10 weeks, after a healthy heartbeat at our ultrasound 
  • @WildMama I think most of us around 11-13 weeks feel that way. I'm definitely starting to show, but to those not in the know, I just look like I have a pot belly and huge boobs. Hang in there for another few weeks, I think we'll definitely have bumps around week 15-16.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• How many weeks and how big is baby? 
    11 weeks! (Poker chip/Bee hummingbird/lime)

Current symptoms?
    Still exhausted (though I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon!), sore boobs, and slightly lessening nausea!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    My mom makes a Thanksgiving-sized meal for Easter lunch and I swear I've eaten more than I have all week. I had some pink discharge last night so I'm back to panicking. Nothing since so I'm trying to stay positive. 

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement
    I'm probably going to announce 13 weeks if we get a NT scan done. Otherwise I may announce around 13-14 weeks. 
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw @WildMama I'm sorry you feel like that. This is a really awkward-feeling time for a lot of us as we go from just bloat, to blumps as our organs are getting pushed up/out, before we get legit bumps. We'll be alright even though it feels gross right now <3
  • How many weeks and how big is baby?
    12 weeks/Plum

Current symptoms?
    Fatigue and insomnia. Some nausea and food aversions, but getting better every day. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm so uncomfortable in my body right now. Not so much because of weight gain or blot.... I just can't ever get comfortable! 

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement?
    I was 10 weeks 6 days when I announced and I just posted it on Facebook. Close family and friends I told personally. And I posted the announcement in a private family FB group about a week before that for extended family. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• How many weeks and how big is baby? 12+2/ plum. Baby is measuring 3 days ahead.

Current symptoms? Nausea and constant need to pee.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I am in orientation for a new job and can't stand working 5 days a week. Can't wait for my 3 12's to start.

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement? Had a loss at 15 weeks so we are waiting until our 16th week after I start the 17p injections. I don't think we will do a social media announcement. 
  • How many weeks and how big is baby? 11 weeks; size of lime

Current symptoms? I THINK MS is slowing down finally. Still tired but not as bad. Metallic taste in mouth once in awhile. Up peeing every 2 hours at night and it's getting super annoying.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope I'm good this week

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement? We announced to family yesterday (Sunday) at 11 weeks since we hosted Easter. Did a cake with little plastic figurines on it and one that said "baby" which was fun. I am trying to hide from the rest of the world for a while due to some work issues, but DH is chomping at the bit. I would love to wait until the end of April since we're going to Disney to do a Disney-related fb announcement, but he said he can't wait that long, so we'll see. He wants to start telling just "some" people, but I hate the rolling announcements. I just want to put it online and get it out there for the world in one swoop Sheesh, maybe this should've been my rant haha.
  • How many weeks and how big is baby? 11 weeks; size of lime

Current symptoms? Still have morning sickness and sometimes it's still pretty bad but I'm having some good days which is promising! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? my grandpa died this week so I've been really emotional.. The pregnancy hormones don't help :(

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement? we have told a handful of people but haven't formally announced it on FB. I'm going to wait until the end of May on our son's birthday. I think I'll be around 16 weeks, and we are doing Harmony so we should know the gender by then too. Yay!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks and how big is baby? 11w+3d, size of a lime.

Current symptoms? Still having some m/s, but only at night and early morning. Still taking meclizine, but haven't had to take zofran for about a week now. Still some fatigue. Feeling SOB. Might be starting to show, might just be putting on some extra pounds thanks to my stellar m/s induced, carb-laden diet, but at least I can eat more veggies/fruit now and the constipation finally eased up this week. Started having to acid reflux at night, still up peeing all night too.

Rants/Raves/Questions? No real rants/raves, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy new work pants, which sucks because they're $95 each and I need them to last me for the next 8 wks until I can start my leave or move to light duty. 

GTKY: How many weeks will you be, or were you, when you announce your pregnancy publicly? Are you doing an official social media announcement? We haven't announced it public to everyone. We've told select people. My in-laws know, my boss and some of my coworkers/friends know, my sister knows. We still have to tell the rest of my family which is going to be complicated and painful since nobody can get a long and unfortunately my mother is not quite the supportive figure I can rely on since she usually makes everything about her. We had planned to tell the family on Easter, but nobody was doing anything or getting together so there was no point in driving 3 hours so that we could go to five different places to tell people and then drive back. Smh, so much stress that I don't need right now. Now we're waiting until after my NT and 12wk appt in 10 days, just to make sure everything is still going well. I'd like to do fb announcement for the friends we don't get to see everyday, but it probably won't be until closer to 16wks. guess I could have put some of this in the rants part. ;)
  • @JamieK1882 did they end up correcting your due date? I think we were in the same position with the doctor's initial calculation being a day off because of leap year....I told the staff at my last appt and they acted like it was the most trivial thing they've ever heard and said one day doesn't make a difference....so I guess it won't really matter if every time they ask me, I tell them the correct date and not the date the doctor said  >:) Idk why it bothers me but I just know that it does, so I'm probably going to ask more assertively if they can change it at my next appt
  • @JamieK1882 did they end up correcting your due date? I think we were in the same position with the doctor's initial calculation being a day off because of leap year....I told the staff at my last appt and they acted like it was the most trivial thing they've ever heard and said one day doesn't make a difference....so I guess it won't really matter if every time they ask me, I tell them the correct date and not the date the doctor said  >:) Idk why it bothers me but I just know that it does, so I'm probably going to ask more assertively if they can change it at my next appt
    Nope and same exact situation here! I'm going with what I know is right heehee! My doc also acted like it didn't matter, but it just BUGS me!