September 2016 Moms

Feeling leaky!

kcl219kcl219 member
edited March 2016 in September 2016 Moms
So at 15 weeks I've been peeing a little in my pants when I sneeze or cough.  I don't remember this happening until my 3rd tri with my last.  Anyone else losing bladder control this early on?!  This doesn't give me much hope for how my bladder will hold up as the pregnancy progresses lol... Combined with allergies I'm just a sneezy, leaky mess. 

Re: Feeling leaky!

• 0SeaMonkey00SeaMonkey0 member
    edited March 2016
    Yep, I didn't have many problems post partum like some ladies do but now at only 16 weeks I'm leaking already. Sucks :(
  • Yep, I didn't have many problems post partum like some ladies do but now at only 16 weeks I'm leaking already. Sucks :(
    I never had any problems post partum either, definitely wasn't expecting to be peeing myself this early on  :D. Looks like I'll be stocking up on panty liners soon  :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha! Yep, Im the same way.  I think its bc I already had one kiddo, so things are looser down there? Oh that's so gross...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another leaker over here...snissed really bad in the grocery store the other day and I'm sure it won't be the last time unfortunately!! And...TMI alert...This other thing is happening about once a day where I think I'm done peeing and then I stand up and more pee comes out all over my underwear. Whyyyy??? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Knottie1456511431 this is me exactly. DH made a comment yesterday of how I use sooooo much toilet paper. Welllll when you have to wipe 3x that tends to happen. I've literally felt like I am a guy having to shake my junk off after I pee. 
  • Yeah maybe I should try wiping more!! I feel like I am wiping a lot. I have thought maybe I need to wad up some TP and hold it there while I stand up so that it doesn't get on my undies...haha oh the joys of pregnancy!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Between pee and the increase in discharge, I'm feeling extra gross down there. Pantyliners!
  • Is it sad this is my first and im doing this? :( 17 weeks, sneezed this morning...pee pants. I was like really, this early... Looking forward to the next couple months. Good thing i have a million pairs of underwear. 
  • Shoot even when not pregnant I do that.  It happens when I jump and yell also!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • 13 weeks here and I have the bathroom stocked w/panty liners. This is not my first pregnancy but I feel like it IS happening a bit sooner than my previous pregnancies.

• FTM here and going through this as well! It happens more with STM but apparently the uterus putting pressure on the bladder is a cause too. As far as peeing more after finishing, I'm having to sit there for about 30 seconds after I think I'm finished and more pee will come out 9 times out of 10. Ugh
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Uh yea this is embarrassing but for some reason at like around 10 weeks I peed the bed a little. Twice in that one week. Hasn't happened since. It's so weird. Same thing happened briefly last pregnancy. I just dreamed I went to the bathroom. 
  • Kegels ladies, everyday, it makes a world of difference. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• My husband laughs at me because every time I sneeze or cough I have to cross my legs
  • Same happens to me. With my first I (TMI) tore up through my urethra muscles. This has been happening ever since. Just sit an extra few and lean forward a bit. Give it one more push. Seems to work well. Sorry if that's gross...
  • I've been leaky since ds anytime I laugh, sneeze, or cough. It has been worse lately and if I need to go the slightest bit have to be careful. Pads are about to be my hero. 
  • Thank you for posting this: as I read it I activly starting doing keigles. I try and do squats and lunges every day to keep my hamstrings strong and prevent back pain throughout pregnancy: I hold a keigle the entire time!
  • Snissing is what i call it! 
  • I didn't have much a problem with snissing/peeing myself in my first pregnancy, but I've certainly had some close calls with this one. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time until it happens because it's surely only going to get worse as the baby gets bigger. I'm definitely dealing with some things this pregnancy that I did not in my first.

• I did 8 billion squats when I was pregnant with my daughter so I've been fortunate that I haven't had that problem. However...tmi ahead...I've had a ton of discharge with this pregnancy that I don't remember with my last pregnancy.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also have this problem.  I also leak pee when I vomit. Not fun. I have a sensitive gag reflex with pregnancy, so sometimes tooth brushing leads to gagging/vomiting. I always empty my bladder before brushing my teeth for this very reason.

• This has been me, too.  2nd baby.  About the peeing on the toilet- I read about this during my first pregnancy.  They call it double evacuation.  You wait til you're done peeing, then push one more time.  It helps with the feeling that you have to pee again even if you just went 5 mins ago.