Re: Weekend Ticker Change 3/26-3/27

• How many weeks?

17 weeks today.

What size?

Onions.

Upcoming appts?

Next ultrasound is 4/11.

How are you feeling?

Pretty good.  My hips have been hurting me at night when I'm trying to sleep for quite a while and it's gotten worse the last couple of days, but otherwise I'm doing well.

Cravings/aversions?

I'm all about all things spicy right now.  My tastebuds seem to be dampened, though, because I can't taste as much heat as usual.

GTKY: What is your favorite season?

Autumn, by far.  My birthday is in October, Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love the weather and changing leaves.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• How many weeks? 15 weeks

What size? Orange

Upcoming appts? April 1st.. 16 week u/s gender 

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good, finding the energy that ran away but noticing I get winded a lot easier. 

Cravings/aversions? I still want all things spicy.. Chips and salsa, tacos, pizza 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? I think Autumn is my favorite! Football season, warm fires, fall scented candles, sweaters and boots... Oh my!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah825Ah825 member
    csukkha said:
    How many weeks? 15

What size? Orange

Upcoming appointments? April 4th

How are you feeling?  Great!!!

Cravings/aversions? Hunger is back with avengence! I lost my sweet tooTh in the first trimester... And now I want sweets ALL the time!

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Fall! :)

• yellowrose314yellowrose314 member
    edited March 2016
    How many weeks? 14 weeks!

What size? lemon

Upcoming appts? hopefully an appointment with my GP next week because my thyroid is freaking haywire

How are you feeling? Tired at the moment, full day of work. Other than that I feel awesome. So happy to be in the second trimester! But now I'm in the stage where I need like a million pillows to sleep. I want a preggo pillow but can't afford one right now. Thought about making my own but it's almost as expensive as a new one. It seems though no matter how many pillows I wedge under my back and between my legs to keep me on my side, I always end up on my stomach. 

Cravings/aversions? Oranges, I've eaten like 10 in the last 2 days. And sushi... but sadly I can't have any except for yam rolls and junk... all I want is a spicy tuna roll and some sushi pizza from my favourite place in town... and toro... and unagi... I WANT ALL THE THINGS!!!!

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Summer, hands down. I love the heat, I love swimming, I love that my fat looks less fat when it's tanned. I love flip flops, shorts, and leaving the windows open 24/7 so my house doesn't smell like the cats shit box. I love bbq's that usually end with a game of Cards Against Humanity until 3 am. Although I have a feeling summer might be less enjoyable this year since I'll be 8 months pregnant in August... which is usually when it's hottest here. 
  • Ah825Ah825 member
    Sushi❤️❤️❤️❤️ I've been having it a lot lately. I miss raw salmon and tuna so much!!! @yellowrose314
  • How many weeks? 14 weeks

What size? Lemon or troll doll

Upcoming appts? Another 2 weeks looking forward to hearing the heart beat.

How are you feeling? Great my energy is finally returning and I have a ravenous appetite.

Cravings/aversions? Enjoying lots of tako and mexican food. Would like to add Thai food back to the menu. Still have an aversion to meat depending on how its cooked

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Spring: all the colors, smells, and warm weather teasers. 
  • How many weeks? 17

What size? Onions

Upcoming appts? A week from Monday for the anatomy scan.

How are you feeling? Eh. I'm getting swelling in my feet and I'm hating all the extra hormones. I cry at everything and all the stupid people (like the ass clown that almost ran over my kids toes today with his big stupid car) are pissing me off.

Cravings/aversions? I'm having a hard time finding anything that I want to eat. I gave in to all my cravings in first tri. And now nothing sound good at all.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Texas apparently doesn't have seasons. Every other place that I've lived though has had beautiful falls (Minnesota, Virginia, Maine). I love fall and everything about it. The smell of fall is my favorite. I'll take hoodies, football and Halloween any day over 100+ temps, bathing suits and mosquitoes.

• How many weeks? 17

What size? Onion

Upcoming appts? Anatomy scan in two weeks! 

How are you feeling? Besides my heart going a little bonkers the past couple days with lots of extra beats, I have actually been feeling slightly better. I'm no longer falling asleep while reading books to my toddler like I was the past few months, haha... and I haven't thrown up in a while!

Cravings/aversions? Aversions and cravings have been much less frequent lately.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Fall! <3<3<3 pumpkins and fall leaves and boots and scarves and apple orchards and sweater weather!
  • How many weeks? 16

What size? Avocado, dill pickle

Upcoming appts? Thyroid blood work with my GP on the 4th, anatomy scan on the 7th

How are you feeling? Tired but I think it's because of work. We are short staffed at one of my jobs so I'm doing 14 hour days between both jobs. Weekends suck so so much. I'm still getting nauseous in the evenings which also sucks so so much. 

Cravings/aversions? Still don't want any veggies. My sweet tooth is slowly coming back. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Living in San Diego it is pretty warm almost all year and while I appreciate being able to wear shorts and flip flops all year, I like our "winter" season which I guess is equivalent to fall everywhere else. 
  • How many weeks? 17 weeks yesterday! 

What size? Onion 

Upcoming appts? 19 week appt with my OB next week. 

How are you feeling? Good for the most part. My headaches are gone. 

Cravings/aversions? Still can't eat meat but I adapted to a vegetarian diet which has been great. I crave cream cheese. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Fall? Winter? I kind of like both. I like the cold but I hate that it gets dark out so early. 
  • @yellowrose314 and @ah825 I had sushi last week because it was my husbands 30th birthday. My doctor said if it's from a place you trust and you've never gotten sick from that place, sushi is ok in moderation. It tasted like heaven. 
  • omg yes!!! Hope at last!!
  • How many weeks?

What size?
    Orange! 

Upcoming appts?
    I think it's in two weeks. 

How are you feeling?
    Awesome! My appetite is totally hit or miss though. I spend one day eating everything I see and the next day I have to force myself to eat. 

Cravings/aversions?
    Shredded beef enchiladas. Mmmmmmmm

Is there a term for the end of spring and beginning of summer? Those few weeks are blissful! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Brooklyn 2010
    Charlotte 2011
    Henry 2014
  • geminigirl16geminigirl16 member
    edited March 2016
    How many weeks? 15 weeks yesterday

What size? Orange

Upcoming appts? 16 week appointment with my OB on Thursday

How are you feeling? Physically I feel good as long as I don't scrimp on sleep.  If I go to bed late (like last night - midnight! lol ) I feel a bit foggy and headachy the next day. Emotionally, I am nervous as I plan to tell my work that I am pregnant on Friday and am feeling very anxious about it already. I have a feeling that it won't go over well, my timing is not good. I realize that it never is for an employer but we've just underwent major restructuring recently and my absence will have a big impact especially as I plan to be gone one year (yay for Canada's maternity laws!).

Cravings/aversions? Nothing major - still having difficulty with chicken.  This one seems to be lingering on now and I hope it passes as it's usually one of my favorite proteins.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Big fan of spring and fall - I tend to prefer the mid temperatures vs hot, humid summer heat.  I like the smell of the air in fall :)

edit: spelling 
  • How many weeks? 15w4d

What size? Orange

Upcoming appts? Just had my 15 week on Friday so I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting my 20 week us at the end of the month to find out the gender...oh yeah, and that's it's healthy (I had a nucaltranslucency and genetic testing so I feel confidant it's healthy).

How are you feeling? So much better!!! Finally, the energy to do basic life skills. I've been working out more now that it's nice out and that always makes me feel better. I also find that exercise every day keeps my energy up.

Cravings/aversions? If someone even talks about a food, I start craving it! I read "Expecting Better" and have been eating sushi throughout my second trimester - mainly salmon and small amounts of tuna. Thank god! I also started eating cold cuts again after reading the book (except turkey, which I was never a fan of anyway).

GTKY: What is your favorite season? I'd say summer (and fall). My husband and I are golfers and hikers so it's nice to get outside. I'm also a teacher so my summers and completely mine to enjoy.

One little thing: My MIL gave us an Easter basket today with three outfits each for 0-3 m, 3 - 6 m, 6 - 9 m, and 9 - 12 m, and four little coordinating wash cloths. It's the first baby clothes I've gotten and I almost started to cry I was so excited! I also ordered a blanket and two decoratings on Friday night; I think I'm starting to go into the nesting stage!
  • @yellowrose314 I would say that depending on how close to the ocean you are is whether I would recommend eating it just because the closer to the ocean you are, the fresher the fish is. 

@Caroline7703 based on your answer, I think your week changes on Thursday right? I personally dont mind if you post here but others might. Yay for baby clothes!!
  • Ah825Ah825 member
    @Caroline7703 raw Salmon or tuna? I am seriously so tempted every time I go and get sushi to get a raw roll especially from a reputable place. What is the risk with raw fish again? 
  • The mercury content is higher in tuna plus like any raw food it's about bacteria. I ate raw tuna (being me all the nigiri!!!!!) and I'm not dead or I'll but my tummy was soooo happy!!
  • I live on an island, the beach is about 5 km from my house. I think I'm good ;) I know what I'm having for dinner tonightttt
  • @marikkita12 I still use the date I put in when I signed up for the bump, counting from the date of my last period; however, based on the baby's measurements at my 8 week appointment, my doctor changed how far along I am. Really, neither one is right because I was using fertility medication and testing for ovulation so I know within a two day time period when I conceived and neither matches up, so I feel fine sticking with my original dating.

@Ah824 and @marikkita12  You distance from the ocean has nothing to do with the safety of sushi in the US since all raw fish served has to be flash frozen which kills any parasites that might be lurking. Most recent studies have shown that the omega3s in tuna outweight any potential health concerns with mercury, so I just stear clear of high mercury/low omega3 fish (like yellow tail and fluke). In Okinowa women eat high mercury fish nearly every day since it's part of the standard Pacific Islander diet and have children with higher IQs and less behavioral issues. I limit myself to about 6 oz. of tuna a week so I either do sushi (which is probably well under 6 oz) or a tuna steak for dinner.

Salmonella does not cross the placenta so there is no extra ordinary risk to pregnancy. In fact, you're more likely to catch salmonella from a salad in a restaurant than sushi from a reputable establishment. I stick to the restaurants around here I know and trust and avoid "gas station" sushi, which I never ate before anyway, and skip yellow tail and fluke and a few other fish. The big risk for pregnant women is lysteria which does cross the placenta and does have a major impact on the fetus, but fish carries no higher risk of lysteria than any other food because it's a general bacteria. The last big outbreaks of lysteria in the US in the past decade have come from cataloupe (twice), lettuce (two or three times), and turkey: no one tells pregnant women to avoid those?
  • How many weeks? 14

What size? Lemon 

Upcoming appts? Next check up on Friday. Excited. 

How are you feeling?  Generally better. Still low patience. Had a birthday party for my DD last night and was ready to turn into a fire breathing dragon when some of my friends stayed until nine and drank too many beers.  Listening to crying drunk people is not part of my pregnancy ability. 

Cravings/aversions?  All types of fruit. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season?  Spring! I love the smell of the earth waking back up. The return of the birds. Cleaning flowerbeds and planting seeds. 

Regarding the sushi: my research has turned up all the same facts as @Caroline7703 with my DD   I ate sushi from my local place that I haven't gotten sick from in over 10 years. With this pregnancy I spent four days in Seattle and ate sushi for lunch and dinner every day.  
  • How many weeks? 14!

What size? A lemon.

Upcoming appts? Not until mid April.

How are you feeling? Overall pretty good.  I'm tired and not sleeping well/tossing/turning/getting up to pee all the time.  Even during the day I try to nap without success.

Cravings/aversions? Smells....uuugghhh.  I had to spill the beans at work this week because my patients family smelled like super old stale cigarettes.  They came up and started talking to me while I was administering some medications and I had to stop and excuse myself because I was about to pass out.  I must have looked like death and my behavior pretty odd because another nurse nearly threw me in a wheel chair as I crumpled down and asked her to get me some water.  Poop, poop doesn't get me.  Cigarettes and musty smells do.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Springtime :)
  • @RN1stBae ugh I feel you. I had a patient a few weeks ago, very sweet lady with TONS of family in to visit constantly. One of her sons would constantly go outside for "smoke breaks" and would come back reeking of pot. Normally the smell doesn't bother me but I actually had to run to the bathroom to throw up. We ended up having to ban him from visiting because he refused to stop smoking it. 
  • How many weeks?
    17 on Sunday!

What size?
    Onion, Turnip or a Pear! So many foods!

Upcoming appts?
    April 11th for our anatomy scan, I am so anxious, It feels like I'm 6 again and Christmas is so close I can taste it! 

How are you feeling?
    I feel great! Besides the back aches that have been progressively getting worse. I'm thankful I don't like sleeping on my back because I can't lay on it for more than 5 minutes before I start getting shooting pains. 

Cravings/aversions?
    Always 5 guys, every day, breakfast, lunch and dinner I want 5 guys. I'm limited to the weekends as the closest one is 40 minutes away but every chance I get, I make the trip. 

I love summer so much, it's mostly my dislike of shoes and lots of layers that I like summer the most. Being in Vermont we get the nice hot weather but winds from the coast which makes for a wonderful combo. I'm afraid this pregnancy might make my favorite season a hated foe as it will just get hotter as I get further along. I've already told DH that I don't care that he won't drive around at all hours to get certain foods I would kill for but when I can't sleep at 2 am because it's too hot he can be damn sure he's taking me to the river, He happily agreed. 
  • How many weeks? 17w2d today  (Ticker change on Saturdays)

What size? An onion

Upcoming appts? I go in for my A/S on April 12th.  We went to an ultrasound place on Saturday to find out the sex with our daughter on Saturday.  It's another girl!!

How are you feeling? Pretty good.  The baby likes to sit on my sciatic nerve.  :(

Cravings/aversions?  Aversion to sweets are starting like last time.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Spring or Fall since I live in the South and it's so hot most of the time.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RN1stBae Cigarette smoke gets me, too! Not as much anymore, but in the earlier months I could smell it everywhere we went. If someone was smoking, or had recently smoked, in the nearby area, I would be totally overwhelmed by it.