Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Still feeling pregnant rant...

I had a DNC on Wed 3/23. Yesterday and today I have no real negative post surgery a little cramping that's it. However I'm still exhausted, have headaches and I still get nauseas from certain smells. I just wish my body would stop acting pregnant. 

Does anyone know on average how long it takes for your body to get back to 0 HCG?! I just want to move on! 

Re: Still feeling pregnant rant...

• It really depends. It varies from person to person and also varies based on how high your HCG got. For my first loss, it took about 3.5-4 weeks. I got my first AF 27 days after D&C. It took a good week or two for the sore boobs and other stuff to subside. This time around I had almost no symptoms so now I'm thankful for that. I'm sorry you're still so nauseated and I'm praying it quickly ends! Hugs. 
  • My first one was a blighted ovum so I never really had pregnancy symptoms. This one I was at 7w so I had symptoms and they weren't awful, but the slightest reminder just sucks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had morning sickness all the way until the morning of my D&C....I was nauseous and threw up on the way to surgery. That was the first symptom to go, pretty much immediately after. Probably after a week or 2 my breast soreness went away and they went back to normal size. My pants started to fit again too similar time period. I'm 3 weeks out now and feel pretty much not pregnant. I spotted until basically today and I did have head aches which I contributed to my hormones dropping- I've been tracking my BBT which has been steadily dropping also. I haven't taken a HPT yet, I was going to next week before my follow up with my OB in case they don't draw hcg labs. When I had the D&C the doctor said they can take a month to go down, just depends. I was 9 weeks and my hcg was 125,000 when I found out about my mmc. 

It does get better, just have to take it one day at a time...hugs!
  • I had morning sickness up until my d&c. I had terrible headaches a week after the d&c for about a week. 

My d&c was 2/1 and my hcg was 180 last week. I likely have some retained material, and my body seems to be kicking back into cycle and the plan is to wait to see if the last of this tissue comes out whenever AF shows up. 
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN