September 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms?

SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
edited March 2016 in September 2016 Moms
Should this thread be weekly? I'm not reading 1k comments.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

Weekly Randoms? 60 votes

Weekly
68% 41 votes
Monthly
18% 11 votes
I don't care about Randoms
13% 8 votes

Re: Weekly Randoms?

• Options
    Yes, PLEASE! 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yes I went away for the end of week last week and now I can't possibly catch up
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I vote weekly. I don't have a problem keeping up with the monthly thread because I'm a bump addict, but I can see how most people would.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• Options
    I'm with Anna. I prefer monthly, and if I get behind, I just skip ahead. It's not like I'm going to bring up an old topic after everyone has moved on.

• Options
    YES it would be so much easier to keep up with.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like monthly too--I like the rambling nature of it! And the beauty of randoms is that you don't have to "catch up"--it's random! Just jump on in. :)
  • Options
    I open for anything but I see both sides. It's rarely a fluid conversation so jumping in with whatever is not side eyed (at least I don't think). We can try out weekly and see how it goes. I'm with @AnnaS930 on her lurker tidbit.
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 I love / appreciate your lurker definition clarification!
  • Options
    WEEKLY! (yes that is shouting)
    I don't participate now in the monthly. Just too long.  
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    I vote weekly, I've tried catching on the monthly thread but if I miss a day or two is 400 new comments and I don't like to skip on other people's comments, it just disrespectful to me. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    fiorip said:
    I vote weekly, I've tried catching on the monthly thread but if I miss a day or two is 400 new comments and I don't like to skip on other people's comments, it just disrespectful to me. 
    That's how I feel. If I want to post something I feel bad about doing it unless I've read everyone else's, which I haven't been able to stay up on.  Don't want to just hop in a thread and make it all about me
  • Options
    I avoid the monthly randoms thread because it's too overwhelming. I voted for weekly because I stand a better chance of staying current.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I understand the point @AnnaS930 makes regarding the lurkers, but at the same time, I don't want to just jump in and make a comment on something that's already been discussed. I voted for weekly to keep it more tame. Lurkers gunna lurk...

• Options
    I voted weekly for all the reasons above. I *have* to read all comments before I feel OK commenting - and I just don't have the time between DS and work to bump more than a few times per day. Last time I was on top of everything, I feel like a slacker ;)
  • Options
    So I've thought about this more, and I can't see how weekly vs monthly is going to make the randoms thread easier to follow. There will still be as many posts per day, despite how often we make a new thread for it. I'm not being a smart ass, I'm genuinely curious. Is the idea that you'd just skip the whole week if you get behind and join back in the next week? 

• Options
    So I've thought about this more, and I can't see how weekly vs monthly is going to make the randoms thread easier to follow. There will still be as many posts per day, despite how often we make a new thread for it. I'm not being a smart ass, I'm genuinely curious. Is the idea that you'd just skip the whole week if you get behind and join back in the next week?

I always try to follow along and in the beginning and then I don't have time one day and see there are 20 posts to read, right now mine says there are 819 new posts. it's too much so I can't keep up. But at least if it's weekly I can try again each week, they still tend to be long so lurkers probably won't bother.
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @camichael84 I thought the same thing. People will still be behind whether it is weekly or monthly. But I guess I get how ladies feel more comfortable thinking if they are behind, they can jump in the next week. I voted for monthly though. I just know some days it will take me an hour to read that thread if I am curious what people have on their minds. :)
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Bump

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!