April 2016 Moms

preeclampsia

Is anyone else experiencing high blood pressure? Has preeclampsia? what is your doc doing about it? how worried should I be??

Re: preeclampsia

• linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited March 2016
    There are several threads in our board mentioning preeclampsia. Have you searched through some of them? If not, you may get more insight as to what other moms have been going through in regards to the diagnosis. Also, a couple of the moms on the birth announcement thread delivered their babies earlier because of preeclampsia.

My best advice to you would be to follow up with your doctor and figure out how mild/severe your case is. Everyone is different. Depending on your circumstances, you will most likely be induced to prevent further complications. Your doctor should be able to answer all your questions since he knows more about your medical history and has been monitoring you throughout your pregnancy.

As far as being worried, you should really try to destress as much as possible since anxiety can send your BP up as well. 
  • linzoirv said:
    There are several threads in our board mentioning preeclampsia. Have you searched through some of them? If not, you may get more insight as to what other moms have been going through in regards to the diagnosis. Also, a couple of the moms on the birth announcement thread delivered their babies earlier because of preeclampsia.

My best advice to you would be to follow up with your doctor and figure out how mild/severe your case is. Everyone is different. Depending on your circumstances, you will most likely be induced to prevent further complications. Your doctor should be able to answer all your questions since he knows more about your medical history and has been monitoring you throughout your pregnancy.

As far as being worried, you should really try to destress as much as possible since anxiety can send your BP up as well. 

Yes this.  All of this.  Thank you.

I had it with my first (monitored for it this time) and have posted about it numerous times on this BMB with other moms who have asked.  Do a search on this board and you will find a wealth of information.