April 2016 Moms

UO 3/24

Re: UO 3/24

• @yodiggity @AmadorRose
    Is this your goal? ;)

hahaha I don't know about two months. I'm ok with going to 41, maybe 42 weeks. I just don't want her coming early. I do NOT want a March baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @yodiggity @AmadorRose
    Is this your goal? ;)

Nah, do you know how freaking hot it is in Texas in June?!?
  • @Ready4theParty UO maybe, or maybe not, but I kind of WANT the crazy drive-bys...! They make things interesting!

True.  Although the ones asking "do you think I'm in labor?" or "have you lost your mucus plug/what is a mucus plug?"  Always make me want to bash my head against the table.  Especially when someone has posted the same question right below them.  This is why I stopped hanging out on the third tri board.  How many times can you see the same question and not go nuts?
  • @Ready4theParty UO maybe, or maybe not, but I kind of WANT the crazy drive-bys...! They make things interesting!

True.  Although the ones asking "do you think I'm in labor?" or "have you lost your mucus plug/what is a mucus plug?"  Always make me want to bash my head against the table.  Especially when someone has posted the same question right below them.  This is why I stopped hanging out on the third tri board.  How many times can you see the same question and not go nuts?
    They're lucky we're generally kindhearted people and not collectively trolling them. We COULD have a pact to answer all these types of posts with "hmmm, maybe. Have you tried castor oil?" 
    The FTM in me says that's mean but the vast majority of me says this could be fun...

They're lucky we're generally kindhearted people and not collectively trolling them. We COULD have a pact to answer all these types of posts with "hmmm, maybe. Have you tried castor oil?" 
    The FTM in me says that's mean but the vast majority of me says this could be fun..
    I am so game.  Its mean, and I would hope that the OP would know castor oil can be dangerous not only for yourself but to the baby.  I would feel bad if someone one took the suggestion as truth and hurt their baby.  One of my friends tried castor oil and made herself really sick, thank the lord she didn't hurt the baby.
  • edited March 2016
    @Ready4theParty @AmadorRose Oh noooo I was kidding! If they don't know the baby basics they're asking about, they probably don't know that castor oil is universally lol-worthy.
  • Easter themed UO: I really, really love peeps. 
  • UO I guess: Why are people calling newborns squishy? If you look up the definition it means "soft and often wet." Gross.
  • Jhmb2012 said:
    Easter themed UO: I really, really love peeps. 
    Peeps are the nastiest things ever!
  • UO: If I were to et a burger, I would want it condiment free, because I don't do condiments (no ketchup, mustard, mayo, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, syrup, salad dressing, or even milk on my cereal).

However, that's a HUGE if, because burgers are disgusting and I refuse to eat them. No, I'm not a vegetarian, just a person with actual tastebuds that work. Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with the rest of you.
  • @cmjenkies - I WISH I was drunk. But even then I'd need tacos, not burgers. Never burgers.

And milk may not be a condiment, but people use it the same way (i.e. to ruin perfectly good food that doesn't need anything added to it). Seriously, people are ridiculous.
  • I hate the look of curled hair. Not the look of naturally curly hair. Just curled hair that you can tell someone spent ages working on with a curling iron. 

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• UO I guess: Why are people calling newborns squishy? If you look up the definition it means "soft and often wet." Gross.
    I think squishy is just fine.

This is just reminded me... I hate when people call babies "fetuses" after a certain point in the pregnancy! I'm not really sure why. It just feels like no, he's not my "fetus", he is my baby now, tyvm!
    I think squishy is just fine.

This is just reminded me... I hate when people call babies "fetuses" after a certain point in the pregnancy! I'm not really sure why. It just feels like no, he's not my "fetus", he is my baby now, tyvm!
    The squishier the better, IMO!  <3
  • Skcobb said:
    emgee27 said:
    My UO is I will not eat at Chipotle, Panera or Chik-Fil-A.  
    Gross excuse for 'Mexican food,' every item I've ever tried is blah, and bigoted. No, thanks!
    I guess that would make my UO that IMO, Chick Fil A could come out and say they advocate the killing of white women under the age of 30 (aka me) and I would still go and get a spicy chicken sandwich from there...mmmmm so good. (Apparently this means you can buy me for about $6, regardless of my moral convictions :wink: )
    Also, strawberry milkshakes.
  • yodiggity said:
    Skcobb said:
    emgee27 said:
    Gross excuse for 'Mexican food,' every item I've ever tried is blah, and bigoted. No, thanks!
    I guess that would make my UO that IMO, Chick Fil A could come out and say they advocate the killing of white women under the age of 30 (aka me) and I would still go and get a spicy chicken sandwich from there...mmmmm so good. (Apparently this means you can buy me for about $6, regardless of my moral convictions :wink: )
    Also, strawberry milkshakes.
    That sounds really good right now!
  • @yodiggity I guess I know what I'm getting for lunch now...
  • Skcobb said:
    emgee27 said:
    I have never lived near a Chik Fila and have only eaten there once ever, but if I liked it I would still be eating there too. I don't care about the owners' opinions.
  • fbanke42 said:
    I hate mustard. It's gross. Most condiments, really.
    Agree!!!!!
  • fbanke42 said:
    I hate mustard. It's gross. Most condiments, really.
    Mustard is the condiment I like. Mayo is disgusting...
    Agree with that, too!!! Not so unpopular opinions, it seems. :D
  • skc040512skc040512 member
    edited March 2016
    Um...cookies and cream milkshakes from Chick-Fil-A...
    Have you ever had the chocolate milkshake with cookies and cream? Best. Thing. Ever. I worked there in college and got one like every day...
  • cmjenkies said:
    1. I thought this UO thread was going to be hella juicy because there were so many responses.. but the only juice I got was talk of delicious, juicy burgers, which isn't so bad after all.. and clearly indicative of the current posting audience. 
    2. @AGK2015 go home, you're drunk. Actually, if you were drunk, maybe you'd be able to better appreciate the wonder that is a perfect burger. With condiments. 

PS: Milk isn't a condiment.  :D
    Does it help that I'm a born and raised Idahoan? We love our meat and potatoes! I thoroughly enjoyed my burger. I will have another today and probably another tomorrow. And Easter we are grilling.... Burgers!  
  • cmjenkies said:
    1. I thought this UO thread was going to be hella juicy because there were so many responses.. but the only juice I got was talk of delicious, juicy burgers, which isn't so bad after all.. and clearly indicative of the current posting audience. 
    2. @AGK2015 go home, you're drunk. Actually, if you were drunk, maybe you'd be able to better appreciate the wonder that is a perfect burger. With condiments. 

PS: Milk isn't a condiment.  :D
    Does it help that I'm a born and raised Idahoan? We love our meat and potatoes! I thoroughly enjoyed my burger. I will have another today and probably another tomorrow. And Easter we are grilling.... Burgers!  
    Meat and potatoes forever! That's the basic staple of any meal IMO, haha. I've been moaning about how we don't have a grill for the last two years because I LOVE to grill! Burgers sound so good, every day. I am wondering what is going to be on the menu at our family Easter meals this weekend..  and hoping a grill is involved. Although I bet it will be yucky stinky ham. 

I like thin sliced lunch meat ham but am not a fan of the kind of ham that you slice thick and eat with a fork or on a heavy sandwich.. bleh.
  • I guess this is the UO thread to put that I think potatoes are disgusting, then! Ugh, any way you try and make them palatable, they're horrible. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess this is the UO thread to put that I think potatoes are disgusting, then! Ugh, any way you try and make them palatable, they're horrible. 

CO-FUCKING-SIGNED. (Incidentally, born in Idaho, though not raised there. Still think they're gross.)