December 2016 Moms

Early Symptoms?

Re: Early Symptoms?

• lalamommalalamomma member
    edited April 2016
    Only reason I tested was when I went to get my dog from her crate yesterday it smelled so awful I started gagging (I just washed it so it really didn't smell at all my husband said) and my coffee made me want to puke. The only time I've been sensitive like that to smells was with my first pregnancy for my daughter. My cycles have been weird lately so I wasn't really late either. I'm still not certain if the nausea is from hormones or the the uncertainty of an unexpected pregnancy lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm really sensitive to sour foods, which I normally really like. I had some sparkling cider and that was sour. My sour patch kids gum (that isn't nearly as sour as actual sour patch kids) hurts my jaw. 7Up is sour. Preggie Pop Drops are the bomb for nausea but I can hardly stand how sour they are. 
  • Loading the player...
  • So my mouth is watering like crazy. So much to where I'm having to swallow it and it's making me SICK. Anyone else? 
  • FiancB said:
    I'm really sensitive to sour foods, which I normally really like. I had some sparkling cider and that was sour. My sour patch kids gum (that isn't nearly as sour as actual sour patch kids) hurts my jaw. 7Up is sour. Preggie Pop Drops are the bomb for nausea but I can hardly stand how sour they are. 
    I agree. The preggie pops are so sour it seems! 
  • FiancB said:
    I'm really sensitive to sour foods, which I normally really like. I had some sparkling cider and that was sour. My sour patch kids gum (that isn't nearly as sour as actual sour patch kids) hurts my jaw. 7Up is sour. Preggie Pop Drops are the bomb for nausea but I can hardly stand how sour they are. 
    I'm the opposite!  I just ate a pack of Sour Patch Kids :)
  • Nausea has hit today.  I've been sucking on these ginger hard candies from Seaband.  They're ok.
  • My symptoms have been pretty mild so far. I get hungry more often during the day, definitely peeing more often, and I'm a bit tired, but that's about it! Just waiting for the shoe to drop regarding morning sickness. I'm sure it will happen the day I go back to work from spring break, just knowing my luck! 
  • cgss11 said:
    Does anyone find that their breasts only feel heavy at the end of the day? The last two days before bed I notice it, but the rest of the day they seem regular.
    I'm opposite... mine feel that way only first thing in the morning!  Pregnancy is weird.
  • Does anyone else start to feel very full very fast after they eat? I feel like I am eating less and possibly loosing weight. My appetite just isn't there and sometimes I feel like I am forcing myself to eat.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• @Kate08Young  @PrettyPalomino I have not personally experienced, but I read a book once (fiction) about conjoined twin sisters and in it one of them gets pregnant and swears she knew by the metallic taste in her mouth. So I always think of this when people talk about the weird mouth taste as a pregnancy symptom. 

Weird, I know. :)
  • @erica0901 I am that way! I can barely eat. 
  • As of today I haven't had any morning sickness.  Mild cramping that comes and goes and chest tenderness are my only signs anything is going on.
  • @erica0901 I kinda have that going on - I feel super full after eating a normal sized meal, like I've just had thanksgiving or something. But then, about an hour later, I'm totally fine and I feel the need to snack on something. 
  • @SmashJam @Lisa3379 Glad I'm not the only one!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• *knock on wood* but I would say that I have had mild symptoms so far.

My boobs are sore, but get worse in the evening. I also tend to feel more cramping as the day goes on, and again, more at night. That's off an on, though. That's about it for me, honestly. Some days I want to go out and buy a couple more tests just to make sure that I am cos I figured I would have more symptoms. I'm only 4w4d, so I know it's early.

I have been a little tired, but I don't feel it's out of the norm. I was bringing some stuff upstairs yesterday and had to catch my breath, even when I had taken it slow going up the stairs. I only went to the gym once this week (Monday), and only did the elliptical at an easy pace for 30 minutes. Usually my Mondays are a 2 hour workout with a couple classes, but am taking it slow until I am further along.

I have been wide awake around 4am every morning though, and my alarm clock goes off at 5:30.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• lshippey0744lshippey0744 member
    edited April 2016
    Yea absolutely I'm eating roughly twice a day and small portions... My DH is getting frustrated with me but even after I eat I think about what I just ate and start gagging!! @erica0901
  • The dropsy has started for me!  So far today I have spilled water and dropped a container with hummus that exploded everywhere.  Oops.
  • 5w5d today. Add me to the insomnia and no appetite clubs.

I've dealt with insomnia off an on since my early twenties but this is just ridiculous. I wake up around 2 each night and toss and turn for hours. Then when I finally fall back to sleep one of my toddlers wakes up. Never fails. 

I'm also forcing myself to eat. My nausea is only mild so it's not that... I'm just not hungry. And I feel full after just a few bites. I stepped in the scale the other day and found myself down four pounds :/
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My insomnia came back with a vengeance. I'm nauseated most of the time, but it's still getting worse at night. I am STARVING, and as soon as I eat something, I'm nauseated. Aversions to coffee (my life-blood!), some chocolate candy, and random things throughout the day. Coffee is the worst though, I can't even smell it... 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm gagging on everything. If a piece of my hair touches my mouth, I totally gag. My students think I'm crazy because I'm acting like I'm going to puke so much. I'm having major mood swings and feel so fatigued.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• The smells. Everything is so smelly to me. I changed wallflowers yesterday and gagged for 10 minutes. Made my husband a sandwich and the smell of the ham... Gag. Last night my husband had a beer and I could smell it across the room. 

Also im hungry sometimes but everything feels terrible once I eat it. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • lrg14lrg14 member
    Nausea started for me 4 days ago and it's been lasting all day every day. It's worst in the morning, and I feel a little better after lunch. I never feel like eating, but when I am actually eating I do feel better. I've been doing the ginger chews, ginger ale, I also heard lemon can help so I got some lemonade made with really lemon juice. And I need to get some peppermint tea. Maybe I'll have to try sea bands.  I don't really think about my other symptoms any more, it's all about not feeling like puking.
  • It's everything I can do to not lay on the couch in my office, unbutton my pants and take a nap!
    Me: 30 | Him: 29
    Married: 08/06/2011
    BFP Mar 30, 2016
    EDD: Dec 8, 2016
  • edited April 2016
    tamullins said:
    It's everything I can do to not lay on the couch in my office, unbutton my pants and take a nap!
    I did this today except it was an office chair.
  • I feel like my nausea and hunger levels are all over the place. Recently I seem to be getting hungry more often than usual, but as soon as I eat I'm grossed out by what I just ate. I also seem to not be able to eat as much, too. It's like I get full really quickly and then hungry about an hour or two later. And for the last few mornings I've woken up early, like 4 or 5am with the taste of dinner coming up, and I can't get back to sleep for at least an hour. I'm drinking fizzy clear drinks, but good idea with the drops!  Actually lemon drops sound great. I'm also so bloated right now I thought I had gained weight over the last couple of days, but I'm still the same. I keep thinking the other ladies in my office keep looking at my stomach, but I know I'm just super paranoid now about keeping it secret and hoping I don't spill the beans on accident by saying something dumb like, "No, I can't have a turkey sandwich." That would so be how I get caught.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • so this is a new symptom, my sense of smell and taste is out of control. my dishwasher smells so plastic-y and the smell is getting into the Tupperware.  I had to throw my lunch away yesterday because all I tasted was plastic. my nose went crazy with my last two pregnancies but this is stronger than ever.  DH thinks I'm crazy, he can't smell anything.  all I can think of now is the chemicals getting into my body :(
  • I found out late-ish last time so I must not have had noticeable early symptoms, but this time I can hardly move without a shit-ton of breast pain. It hurts every time I shift my weight. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i have to eat every hour or 2 hours or I feel really sick. So I've been keeping crackers in my purse and next to my bed! I've been waking up at like 4a.m. starving and have to go get something to eat. I havnt had to throw up yet, so that's a plus!
    Other than that my boobs are huge and sore, I have been super sensitive to smell, acne, major shortness of breath, dizziness, cramping,and being super tired! Oh and crying reeeaalllly easy! *HoRmOnEs*
    Looks like I have the basic symptoms! We're trying to keep it a secret and it seems so obvious!
  • This is my second time around. At 3 weeks I got leg cramps that had nothing to do with working out and I just had a hunch I was pregnant. 2 days later my boobs started killing me which didn't happen with my first until later on. I also started having dizzy spells. The next day I started the morning sickness. Some days I vomit. Some days it is just dry heaving but it was worse with my dd. I actually went to the hospital for dehydration with her. I am now 4 weeks and 5 days and got my bfp 3 days ago.
  • Tingling boobs, I get irritated easily (but then again I'm surrounded by boys that act crazy all the time), constantly thirsty, every time I eat I have to go to the bathroom right away (TMI), and in the evening I don't know if this is considered nausea or not but my mouth gets real dry, my stomach starts feeling like its rolling/tightening and I get a little dizzy...this is a first for me. My boys I had no symptoms but extreme heartburn. And though I'm hungry food just doesn't taste that good and I get full quickly. 

Brian Shawn 15 years old; Ethan Jonathon 10 years old; Greyson Conrad 5 years old; Keegan Ryan 3 years old

• Insomia like crazy! I cannot get into a comfortable position when I lay down and wake up constantly through the night! My boobs hurt the last two weeks, but not anymore, (my nipples are still extra sensitive though) however my Fiancé tells me they're bigger. Didn't have any symptoms my first pregnancy so I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with this insomnia! Any tips? 
  • Insomia like crazy! I cannot get into a comfortable position when I lay down and wake up constantly through the night! My boobs hurt the last two weeks, but not anymore, (my nipples are still extra sensitive though) however my Fiancé tells me they're bigger. Didn't have any symptoms my first pregnancy so I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with this insomnia! Any tips? 
    I wish I knew!!  I'm thinking about going back to acupuncture.  Acupuncture was how I got pregnant in the first place, and every time I did it, I slept the hardest sleep I've ever slept in my whole life.  I know it's really good at relieving other symptoms of pregnancy too.
  • @MommaTake2 , I had pretty bad insomnia for several days last week (5wks). Now halfway through 6wks, I cannot stay up! Exhaustion will take over soon!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• I'm about 4-5 weeks, and have had heartburn like woah. I loooove spicy food and never have had any issues, but last week I started getting it bad. I also have had some very mild nausea and sporadic cramping, along with being tired. I got freaked out this morning because I rolled over in the bed and my head starting spinning so fast! It was scary. Apparently this is normal, but it was definitely the weirdest symptom I've had as of yet. 
    December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• The sign that tipped me off to take a test was feeling light headed when I worked out and stood up quickly. I'm also starting to get a little morning sickness and my sense of smell if off the charts. Oh, and craving fruit! I remember all of this from last time.

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Holy nausea.  :# woke up this morning and just so nauseous I had a hard time getting my daughter dressed for pre school. Not to mention my sinuses are killing me and I didn't get a great night of sleep. 

I had horrible morning (all day) sickness with my daughter but literally only felt a mild upset stomach once with my son. I really hope the nausea doesn't get as bad as it did with my daughter. I'd feel really bad for my kids lol.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lightheaded, feeling my heartbeat in my ears - especially when working out. I suddenly have to take exercise suuuuuuper slow. And avoid any moves where my head is lower than my heart.

Fun! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DH: 33⎹ Me: 32
    Married: July. 2005
    DS1: Born Feb. 2013
    DS2: Born Feb. 2015
  • Exhaustion, diarrhea, lots of painful bloating and cramping.  Back pain, sore hips. I think my boobs feel heavy still (if these little things could ever feel heavy). I walked around at work yesterday with my hand on my back and my hand on my stomach - thankfully everyone is like oh my husband just had a stomach virus 2 days ago! I hope you didn't catch what's going around!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 - yes!  What the F is with the diarrhea?  I am constipated in general (I should drink more water) and I thought pregnancy was supposed to make you more constipated!  But suddenly I have diarrhea randomly, and it's not predictable.  What gives?