September 2016 Moms

Meal Plan Monday

Somebody mentioned starting this in another thread, and I think it would help me a lot. So here we are! 

What are you cooking or eating this week? 

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• So far, this is my plan 
    Monday: Pancakes 
    Tuesday: Chicken pizza with Alfredo-Pasta Sides 
    Wednesday: Chicken roll-ups 
    Thursday:
    Friday (Good Friday):
    Saturday: Pizza 
    Sunday (Easter): 

We always do a breakfast meal on Mondays and we always have pizza (usually homemade) on Saturdays. 
  • Not sure what day we're having each meal, but these are the meals we are having this week:
    - Veggie tacos (using a soy-based alternative)
    - Veggie "meatloaf" (using a soy-based alternative)
    - Vegetable egg rolls and some sort of rice or stir fry on the side
    - Pasta dish - was going to have fake meatballs but I don't want that much soy in 1 week, so will find something else to have with it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • PSUBecky23PSUBecky23 member
    edited March 2016

In no particular order

-rice and beans

-Italian chicken sausage with sweet potatoes and peppers

-Korean beef

-pasta with veggies

-waffles, bacon and fruit

-birthday cake (my daughter turns three on Wednesday! and cake is totally an appropriate dinner)

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In no particular order:
    Spaghetti 
    Pork chops, rice and veggies
    Brinner
    Chicken stir fry
    Cheese tortellini and salad 
  • Ooh I like this and all the yummy ideas. My plan subject to change:

Monday - BBQ chicken and pasta salad
    Tuesday - Grilled chicken wraps
    Wednesday - Turkey tacos and black bean salad
    Thursday - Turkey and brown rice stuffed peppers with whole wheat spaghetti
    Friday - Order pizza
    Saturday - early Easter dinner with my parents
    Sunday - Easter dinner with my in-laws

I also meal prepped the above mentioned stuffed peppers for my lunch everyday this week
  • Love these ideas! 

I'm off work this week and haven't even done the grocery shopping son the week is mostly TBD.  I am going to make a broccoli and cheese quiche for tonight. 

@AnnaS903 do you eat dairy? One of my favorite pasta recipes is with mushrooms, garlic, parsley, olive oil and Parmesan. Of course you could leave out the Parmesan.  If you search "shiitake mushroom spaghetti" on Pinterest it comes up. Not much too it though. And I usually just use button mushrooms. 
  • I love this thread! I haven't made our meals for the week yet (tonight is either Sloppy Joe's or leftover meatloaf and grocery shopping will happen tomorrow or Wednesday). I hate when we get stuck in a food rut, and other people's lists are giving me some good ideas!

@BernieRae I'm looking up that pasta! Three of my favs: pasta, cheese, mushrooms... I figure I can't go wrong there!

• @BernieRae - Life without meat is wonderful for me, but live without dairy (read: CHEESE) wouldn't be worth living!! ;)  I love all of the things you mentioned, hopping over to pinterest to give it a pin and will be making it next week. Thank you!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also you reminded me I have a boxed mushroom risotto and rice pilaf in my pantry.. granted they aren't as good as homemade but I'm all about that!  Wish husband was content with eating side dishes for dinner, hoping he has some steak or something in the freezer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yesss thanks @LeahKnits for getting this going again. Since I have the week off I'm hoping for more energy to make dinner.

also in no particular order:

-chicken neopolitan (stuffed with cheese and prosciutto) also making up some homemade bread in the bread maker 

-pork chops with some sort of cranberry topping

-beef tacos with black beans (since this is my "food of the week")

-beef brisket (great for left over sandwiches)

-shrimp scampi over angel hair

I have 2 free spiral hams from my store, anyone have any good ham recipes? I'm thinking of making one on Saturday since my family isn't doing one for Easter (trying out pork loin this year instead). Ps I'm sooooo excited for Sundays dinner!

• @PSUBecky23 happy birthday to your DD!
  • Not a huge meal planner but I'm hoping to get better. Here are some ideas I have for this week
    - Elk steak with steamed veggies
    - Pork fried rice
    - Homemade Pizza
    - Tacos
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• RedMar said:
    @PSUBecky23 happy birthday to your DD!

Thank you! There will likely be picture spam in the random thread on Monday :)
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I LOVE THIS THREAD! THANK YOU!!! 
  • This is all making me hungry!!

Tonight we are having homemade buffalo chicken salads... I've been obsessed with salads lately! 
    Tues- loaded baked potatos and chicken
    Wed-  baked eggplant patties and stuffed shells
    Thurs- takeout 

That's as far as I got this week lol.  I feel so picky lately it's though to meal plan but I'm loving some of these ideas!
  • Braised beef enchiladas 
    tortellini with Italian sausage in tomato cream sauce
    red beans and rice 
    leftovers 
    fried catfish and onion rings
    lamb for Easter  
  • Chicken parm (baked) with oven roasted broccoli and pasta one night, Aidell's pineapple teriyaki chicken meatballs with brown rice and veggie stir fry another night, and that's as far as I got into the week lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the motivation! I will try and start planning next week since this week is our anniversary and Easter so we are eating out a bit and I don't feel like grocery shopping.
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Today: rotisserie chicken, Mac and cheese, salad
    tuesday: spaghetti with green beans
    Wednesday: Pork chops, potatoes, veggie
    Thursday-Turkey sloppy joes 
    Friday- TBD 
    Saturday- Homemade Pepperoni rolls/salad
    Sunday-Easter

• Love this! I'm always looking for ideas for new dinner items to rotate through.
    This week so far:
    Black bean and sweet potato enchiladas with queso fresco
    Teriyaki chicken stir fry
    Homemade pizza
    Bean and rice bowls

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ooh I think we need a taco night soon. 

This week we'll be having:
    A 1-skillet mix with ground beef, tons of veggies and seasonings. This will last 2 nights for dinner. 
    Baked Salmon and roasted asparagus w/bulgur 
    Spicy chicken sausages w/peppers/onions
    Take out Friday night (always!) 
    Also for lunches this week I made: Turkey meatballs in sauce with bell peppers
  • @blondie080300 - You better participate. I'm going to be looking to yours for some inspiration!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the motivation @AnnaS930! I prob should just go to the store tonight as I desperately need some healthy food. I need all the help as I can get as I fear my poor diet has caused a huge drop in energy that isn't related to pregnancy. I just feel gross and my weight gain is higher than it should be. So please hold me accountable here and I will start planning!! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• @blondie080300 - why do Doritos, chips, fries and pizza have to be vegetarian friendly?!?! hahaha, that's exactly where my 10-12 pounds have come from. Meals have been ok, but the snacking in between is dragging me down. Hoping that warmer weather will bring energy, and lots of fresh veggies on the grill!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agreed @AnnaS930! Only for me it has been M&Ms, cake and Easter candy! I weighed myself today and am up 15 pounds! I wanted to cry. I know weight gain is inevitable and I'm ok with that but not a pound a week for the first 15 weeks. I really need to force myself to exercise again and cut way back on the sugar and eating out. I know just changing my diet will help me get back to being healthier. It always does. At least that way when the weight does go up, I'll know it's for the baby and not my horrible eating habits. So yes to grilled veggies and meal planning!! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• AnnaS930AnnaS930 member
    edited March 2016
    Agreed @AnnaS930! Only for me it has been M&Ms, cake and Easter candy! I weighed myself today and am up 15 pounds! I wanted to cry. I know weight gain is inevitable and I'm ok with that but not a pound a week for the first 15 weeks. I really need to force myself to exercise again and cut way back on the sugar and eating out. I know just changing my diet will help me get back to being healthier. It always does. At least that way when the weight does go up, I'll know it's for the baby and not my horrible eating habits. So yes to grilled veggies and meal planning!! :)
    If it makes you feel any better, I gained weight exactly the same way with my first. In the end, I gained a total of 35-40 pounds, just consistently gained a pound every week, with a little less in the 2nd trimester when I was super busy/active.  I think that's a reasonable amount of weight to gain. (Edited to add: And lost almost all of it by my 6 week followup after birth)

Also, Easter has the best candy of any holiday, hands down.  I am flying through bags of jelly beans like it's my job.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 Thank-you for being so sweet! :) I will try to keep things in perspective but definitely want to at least make more of an effort to be a little healthier. I don't want the baby to come out candy coated! LOL

BabyFetus Ticker

• @AnnaS930 I have to agree, Easter has the best candy. I've been pretty good this year. I didn't buy a lot for my kid's baskets and I didn't get myself any extra. I did not get my favorite, those mini Reese's eggs, because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist if I had them in the house. 
  • LeahKnitsLeahKnits member
    edited March 2016
    My updated meal plan. :smile: I even went grocery shopping so I have all the stuff I need for this week. 
    LeahKnits said:
    So far, this is my plan 
    Monday: Pancakes 
    Tuesday: Chicken pizza with Alfredo-Pasta Sides 
    Wednesday: Chicken roll-ups 
    Thursday: Soup w/ grilled cheese
    Friday (Good Friday): Tacos w/ refried beans
    Saturday: Pizza 
    Sunday (Easter): We'll be at my aunt & uncles for dinner. I have been asked to bring some juice, a bag of chips, a dessert, and some filled plastic eggs for the kids. 

We always do a breakfast meal on Mondays and we always have pizza (usually homemade) on Saturdays.