September 2016 Moms

Crafty Mom Check-in - Likely pic-heavy

Re: Crafty Mom Check-in - Likely pic-heavy

• It's beautiful! @Jabreen
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jabreen that is an awesome quilt. I'm impressed. Is your nursery going to be black, white, and gold? That'll look really sharp!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RedMarRedMar member
    @Jabreen I can't believe you just " threw that together" for your friends!! Very beautiful!
  • AnnaS930 said:
    @diagonalley - are you planning to applique the hearts on there?  I love that idea.. somewhat simple but it's going to be absolutely adorable!
    Yes! It came out super cute! It's at my mom's house because she's going to put binding on it for me so when I get it back I'll take a pic :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KimmySchmidt That is super cute!  You didn't happen to write down your measurements for that, did you?  Mine don't need recovering yet, but your sunny lemon fabric is making want to do sets of seasonal slipcovers!  Also, have you seen the tiny people versions at your Ikea?  I just noticed them this weekend and I am already looking forward to getting one for this LO!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Jabreen - my son has a tiny little white wooden rocking chair (not from Ikea) in his nursery and he absolutely loves it. He hoists himself into it before bed and in the morning (we're not in his nursery very often as it's on the 2nd floor of our house) and says "rock! rock! rock!"  He got it for this past Christmas, so at 1 year old and uses it more and more as he gets a bit bigger!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jabreen said:
    @KimmySchmidt That is super cute!  You didn't happen to write down your measurements for that, did you?  Mine don't need recovering yet, but your sunny lemon fabric is making want to do sets of seasonal slipcovers!  Also, have you seen the tiny people versions at your Ikea?  I just noticed them this weekend and I am already looking forward to getting one for this LO!
    I have seen the tiny version! It is so cute!  This is the little pattern I drew myself: I did a double 1/2" seam on the ends that fold over envelope style. All the other seams are 1/2". 

I used a bolt that was 54" wide, so I got away with two yards and a seam under the seat, but you could make that center strip one long piece if you had enough yardage.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited May 2016
    Started on the dust ruffle today! Gonna take some time while fending off a toddler 
  • Impressive @skirtandsandals everything is so cute and I love the star!
  • Wow @skirtandsandals  You are very talented!!! They are all beautiful! 
  • @skirtandsandals I love the hat and sweater!!!!
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • kosmo86kosmo86 member
    @rock1cherry - Those are so cute, I am currently making little felt Alice in wonderland characters for my mobile
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @rock1cherry I love those!! I'd love to make an elephant mobile. Did you use a pattern to make your birds? 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Thanks @kosmo86 @ahackett1990 :) yes I found the pattern for the birdies online. They were meant to be pincushions but they were cute so I'm doing my own thing. Ha. I'm sure you can find elephant patterns online or on Pinterest! I'd love to see the end product. :)
  • Thanks @kosmo86 @ahackett1990 :) yes I found the pattern for the birdies online. They were meant to be pincushions but they were cute so I'm doing my own thing. Ha. I'm sure you can find elephant patterns online or on Pinterest! I'd love to see the end product. :)
    They definitely work for a mobile, not just pincushions! I have found a tutorial on Pinterest for little elephants and I will start them today and post a picture when I've finished them :) 
    TTC immediately

• @cmiska oh I love yours!!! Im using a template that looks very similar to the shape of yours! I'm making a trip to Jo Ann fabrics this afternoon since they have a huge Memorial Day sale. I need to pick up some felt and beads for the eyes. I'm hanging mine from an embroidery hoop and adding knots of tulle and colored fabric to hide the hoop. I'll post a picture when I'm done! 
    TTC immediately

• I forgot to update with the finished quilt. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmiska That picture convinced me I need to make my own mobile! I looked earlier, but didn't find anything I was in love with...but your elephants! 
  • @diagonalley That is such a cute quilt!  I haven't tried appliques yet, but you are definitely inspiring me!

Also, several of you are inspiring me to build my own mobile, too.  I'd been looking a little bit hand haven't loved one yet.  That's a great use for all my scraps!
  • RedMarRedMar member
    @bunnymay I loveeeee that Pom on the hat... Wish I had the talent to crochet!
  • @RedMar Thanks! I taught myself how to crochet, via YouTube videos, when I had pregnancy insomnia with DD.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers