2nd Trimester

Unilateral Renal Agenesis

mannings212mannings212 member
edited March 2016 in 2nd Trimester
We had our 20 wk anatomy scan yesterday and received news that it looks like Baby is missing his/her left kidney.  They said they want to follow up in 8 weeks but that this could either be an isolated case of just the other kidney not forming or it would be linked to things like Downs, Turner's Syndrome or other chromosomal disorders.  Needless to say, I cried myself to sleep worrying about Baby's life and if it will be okay.  The heart and everything else looked fine and doctor said more than likely it is just the fact that Baby is missing a kidney and doesn't have anything else going on.  We will love Baby no matter and are happy that everything else seems to be developing appropriately.  Anyone have experience with this?

Re: Unilateral Renal Agenesis

• ecwkecwk member
    Sorry you're going through this! I don't have any experience but similarly to you at our A/S a soft marker for chromosomal issues was found - an echogenic cardiac focus- so I know how upsetting it is and how powerless you feel. We followed up with a level two u/s and had the MarterniT21 test done and we got good results. I hope you get good news too! I do understand how upset you feel. Try to stay busy and I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you and your LO. Hugs! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you!  We have a follow up U/S in May.  I'm staying positive and will do whatever it takes for this sweet baby!