Parenting

X

jillfusojillfuso member
Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited April 2016 in Parenting

Re: X

• First of all I'm curious as to why she is around so often, does she live with you?
    What do I think? I think she has some issues with jealousy, possessiveness, and from the way you describe her, sounds emotionally unstable. There is mental disorder her described actions fall under, but I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head.
    What would I do? If she DOESN'T live with you I personally, would tell her to kick rocks. But in your situation with your husband and what not, I would talk to him about needing space from her first. Explain that she is interfering with DDs schedule, you have given plenty examples that she is in fact doing so, tell him that you would like the time to reestablish that schedule, that SIL needs to either stay away or take a couple BIG steps back and limit her visits, and once you feel like everything is good to go, lay down some rules about what is and is not acceptable for her to do during her visits, and what times are acceptable for visiting. 
    SynnovusandreaAL11vibarra27
  • I think being extremely annoyed and irritated to a point where you hate your SIL is reasonable.  However, I think you might be overreacting on the trust issue.  As you mentioned, she is not married and has no kids and she's 46.  The latter is never going to happen...maybe she is just happy to be around a baby she is related to.

I think as @AllyTheKid mentioned, just limit her visits and set parameters.  
  • jillfusojillfuso member
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2016