October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 3/14

Happy Pi Day!

What week are you? 

How big is baby? 

Most common symptoms? 

Rants/raves/questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 3/14

• Options
    What week are you? 9. Ferris has been absent NINE times? I don't remember Ferris being sick nine times.

How big is baby? olive, or grape, or jacks, or pecan (pee - can)

Most common symptoms? Bloating, constipation, starvation

Rants/raves/questions: I'm good. MH is away for the next week and a half so it's me, a toddler and a full-time job. I'm really looking forward to his return for several reasons, the most being we go for the ultrasound a week from Thursday! I can't wait for some proper confirmation that there's a baby in there!

GTKY: Fractional infinity (1/infinity). It's close to zero, but not zero and never will be zero. It's 0. an infinite number of zeros followed by a one. Beautiful.
  • Options

What week are you? 8 weeks! 

How big is baby? A raspberry 

Most common symptoms? Sever nausea and exhaustion 

Rants/raves/questions: Looking forward to our first ultrasound on Wednesday!! And this nausea has got to go. It's getting worse and I can't take it much longer. Hopefully my dr can help me out. 

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)? Not a math geek so I'll go with my favorite number which is 13
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited March 2016
    ***Lurking*** 
    @Paturkey ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited March 2016
    @CopperBoom86 Bwahahahahahahaha

ETA: I'm still calling 'em pee-cans
  • Options
    CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited March 2016
    @Paturkey Haha, sorry, this southern girl couldn't let that slide!  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What week are you?  11

How big is baby? Poker chip, bee hummingbird, Brussel sprout. :) 

Most common symptoms? Nausea- starting to taper off (HALLELUJAH!). Tired.

Rants/raves/questions: I posted all my Rants and Raves in PGAL.. :) rough night last night, led me to the ER, but got to see the baby so that was nicem

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)? Umm, not a math geek for sure.. so we'll say 3.. or 13. 
  • Options
    What week are you? 10!

How big is baby? A lego guy

Most common symptoms? nausea, exhaustion, headaches and bitchiness.

Rants/raves/questions: Looking forward to our heartbeat check tomorrow!

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)? 3?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    What week are you? 11 weeks according to ovulation, 10 weeks according to u/s

How big is baby? Either a date or fig 

Most common symptoms? Nausea, exhaustion, hormonal freaking roller coaster 

Rants/raves/questions: none 

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)? 11
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Week: 9

Baby: Olive, I guess, but I hate olives so I'm going with grape.

Symptoms: So much nausea and puking. I never want to puke again. It's the worst. Also headaches, finding all food pretty much gross-sounding, sore boobs, always tired. I can't wait to be in trimester 2. It cannot come soon enough. 

Rants/Raves/Etc.: I'm tired of feeling awful all of the time. I have things to do, Baby! Mama needs to make a paycheck! And, all I want to do is whine on FB to my friends about this, but we aren't making it public until April so I can't. Plus, whining about puking probably isn't the nicest way to announce one's pregnancy. Although, we do have our doc's appointment next Monday, so if all is well we might rethink that April thing and I will be free to whine away (within reason).

GTKY: I feel too shitty to think much about math today. I like the number 12. And pie. (At least I would like pie if anything seemed appetizing.)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Week - Week number 10!! A quarter way there!! Woot woot!!

Size - Peanut is the size of a prune - but the picture the app used kinda looks like a weird turd :neutral:

Symptom - I have to have my morning puke, it's not too bad as there is nothing in my stomach but it's like I can't get started until my body gets that out of the way.

Excitement - I get to go for my second ultrasound tomorrow which I'm super excited about and since both hubby and I are off this week it means he gets to come and then I can go for a nap afterwards.

GTKY - 21 <--- it's just my favourite number and I usually win prizes with 121
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    What week are you?  10 weeks

How big is baby? a lego man 

Most common symptoms? the last few days I've been so incredibly nauseous. 

Rants/raves/questions: I'm so excited finally for my first appointment/US, wednesday! 

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)? I dont think I have one...
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    What week are you? 10 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of a prune (ew) or a petit four!

Most common symptoms? Fatigue and nausea are bad. The worst is the frequent urination. I might as well live in the bathroom. 

Rants/raves/questions: my grandma bought me a few cute maternity tops and I'm so excited! This is my first so I have absolutely no maternity clothes. 

**question**
    ive seen a couple people mention something about making sure they drink water before their ultrasound. Or not getting a good reading because their bladder was empty. What is the correlation between the two? My doctor always has me give a urine sample before the ultrasound. Just curious. FTM here. 

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)? Idk I like 17. Dh and I started dating on March 17th so that's kinda been my lucky number. 
  • Options
    lilylover27lilylover27 member
    edited March 2016
    **lurking**
    @joyful08 when I went for my first ultrasound the technician asked me how full my bladder was on a scale from 1-10. I estimated a 7 and she said to go give the urine sample and empty myself until at 4, like you know comfortable and not having to pee really badly. Well turned out I have a large bladder, which I always suspected so my 4 still looked like a 7! I would say just don't completely empty out your urine and you will be fine. I have heard some say it is important to have a full bladder and others not, so I would say safe bet in somewhere in between.

Edit: To add that she actually stopped mid ultrasound to have me pee some more to get a better image, so really I guess it varies.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
  • Options
    What week are you? 9 

How big is baby? Pecan... @Paturkey I say it too!

Most common symptoms?  the nausea... bleh

Rants/raves/questions: why, DH, why would you cook bacon in the house... where I live... with all this nausea. grrr

• Options
    @joyful08 my doctor wants me to have a full bladder for my ultrasound, so I have to drink 1L an hour before my appointment.  At my last ultrasound I had to pee so bad before my appointment they let me release a bit, but I was really early in my pregnancy so they decided to do a transvag which meant I had to empty my bladder completely.

So maybe it just depends on what type of ultrasound they're planning on doing.  Oh also, supposedly after 16(?) weeks, they don't need a full bladder anymore because baby is big enough to see without it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    **lurking**
    @joyful08 when I went for my first ultrasound the technician asked me how full my bladder was on a scale from 1-10. I estimated a 7 and she said to go give the urine sample and empty myself until at 4, like you know comfortable and not having to pee really badly. Well turned out I have a large bladder, which I always suspected so my 4 still looked like a 7! I would say just don't completely empty out your urine and you will be fine. I have heard some say it is important to have a full bladder and others not, so I would say safe bet in somewhere in between.

Edit: To add that she actually stopped mid ultrasound to have me pee some more to get a better image, so really I guess it varies.
    LauraPCOS said:
    @joyful08 my doctor wants me to have a full bladder for my ultrasound, so I have to drink 1L an hour before my appointment.  At my last ultrasound I had to pee so bad before my appointment they let me release a bit, but I was really early in my pregnancy so they decided to do a transvag which meant I had to empty my bladder completely.

So maybe it just depends on what type of ultrasound they're planning on doing.  Oh also, supposedly after 16(?) weeks, they don't need a full bladder anymore because baby is big enough to see without it.
    But why do you need a full/semi-full bladder? What does that have to do with an ultrasound is what I'm asking? My ob has never had me do that. 
  • Options
    @joyful08 I was told a full bladder magnifies the sono image. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    @joyful08 I was told a full bladder magnifies the sono image. 
    Ah okay. Thanks @MRSCORKER ! I was just curious why because my ob never mentioned anything about it :)
  • Options
    (Also lurking). So strange because with each ultrasound I've had this pregnancy the tech has me go to the bathroom to empty my bladder right before she does it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What week are you?  11

How big is baby? a fig

Most common symptoms? nausea and constipation

Rants/raves/questions: I'm so tired of being thirsty and not being able to drink without vomiting.  I finally called my ob after a week of this, with only being able to drink smoothies and shakes.  Hopefully today is a better day.  

GTKY: What's your favorite imaginary number or mathematical abstraction (or regular number if you don't want to jump in the math geek boat)?  7

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I'm always a day late...I should set an alarm or something.

What week are you?  9

How big is baby? I can't remember

Most common symptoms? nausea comes and goes, I'm still cramping (only 30-ish more weeks of cramps!) and I'm so much more exhausted than I remember being last time.

Rants/raves/questions: We told family and friends and the word is trickling out. We aren't making a big announcement because I don't need people up in my business with opinions (one reason MIL got a text and not told in person this time). 

BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016