October 2015 Moms

Jogging Stroller

Anyone have a recommendation for a good jogging stroller? I'm not a dedicated runner, probably only run a few miles a week, so I don't need anything fancy. 

Re: Jogging Stroller

• We have a Baby Jogger Summit X3. We didn't use it for jogging yet, because everywhere they say that 6 months is the minimum age at which you can jog with the baby, but we've taken it on muddy trails and it's very sturdy. It has also been on 7 plane flights already, and everyone knows how they handle luggage! What I really love about it, compared to other brands and models, is that you can change from fixed to swivel front wheel with a single lever on the side of the stroller. You can also fold it in two with a single hand. Cons: It's quite heavy and bulky (I need to put a seat down in my compact car in order to fit it).
  • I'm going to buy the Urbini Avi from Walmart, bc it's only $200. I'll let you know if it's any good
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the baby trend expedition from walmart. I've done some little jogging with it and I love it!! I'm excited to jog more
  • We have a BOB that I love, but I only actually ran with my son (now 4) ONCE.  It does great on trails and other "off-road" situations though.  Maybe I'll actually jog with LO #2, but I don't have a very good track record ha!
  • We have the graco relay jogging stroller. Neither of us actually plan on running with her but we wanted it trails and such. We love it. It also has the adjustable front wheel, although it is just a little switch above the wheel, and you can fold it with one hand. If you have a regular car I would go to babies r us or somewhere that will let you take a floor model out to the car and see if it fits. Ours fits in my trunk but it's an interesting puzzle. We bought ours as the travel system but I think it's around $200 on Amazon.
  • I love my Bob! I use it to walk the cliche road I live off of and will eventually jog with it! It's very sturdy and had good shock absorbency. They are very expensive new, but I bought mine used for $100! Downside is that it's quite bulky and heavy. 
  • @midge519 how do you fold up the baby trend ? We bought a used one but the girl didn't know how to fold it up hahaha it's been up in our garage.
  • trishee13 said:
    @midge519 how do you fold up the baby trend ? We bought a used one but the girl didn't know how to fold it up hahaha it's been up in our garage.
    You have to put your fingers into the little red circles on the sides and pull up to make it collapse. I hope that made sense :) 
  • Yesss my husband finally googled it and we figured it out haha we've been lazy (so obviously not jogging) thank you @hobo920 !
  • @trishee13 I'm glad you figured it out!! My SO figured out how to do it I was so confused...obviously I hadn't read the instructions lol