September 2015 Moms

Infant gyms, are they good?

So we have a My Gym in town and I was thinking of enrolling LO. I can meet moms and she can interact with other babies, which she really wants to do. But are they any good? It's 100$ a month so if they suck I'll skip, but if they are beneficial then I'd like to try it.

Re: Infant gyms, are they good?

• Just a thought, but have you looked into early childhood education? The programs in our area have several different structured play groups and gym for 6 months and up and they cost much less than 100.00 a month. 
  • We have a great one that just opened up in my town.  I take DS2 there for classes and am considering taking DS1 to one as well.  I absolutely love it.  The coaches are amazing with the kids and its a great way to get out of the house and get LO in a new environment.  A lot of places offer a free trial so you can check it out and see if you like it before you commit.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I would get skeeved out by that.  My 5 year old goes to the little gym and we love it but bringing a baby there is different to me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would think it wouldn't be all that beneficial until they can walk.  At this age with my DD, we started doing music classes, which she loved.  Great for interaction, stimulation, and other mommies!
  • Thanks for the suggestions! They have a free trial so I'm going to try it out. LO waves and "talks" to other kids so I think she would like it.