July 2016 Moms
Options

Ideas/Support/Love for Mommas Who Want to Slow Weight Gain

Re: Ideas/Support/Love for Mommas Who Want to Slow Weight Gain

• Options
    Definitely joining this thread for support, especially since all I want to eat it hamburgers and pizza  :'( I lost 45 pounds last year and I am terrified of putting it back on. I have only gained about 10 pounds so far, but I know I have also lost a TON of muscle. My doctor has told me to basically go to work and come home and not do anything that isn't necessary for the next six weeks. I can't even walk in the evenings like I was, which is very discouraging. Hoping to find some inspiration here food-wise since I can't exercise for the time being. I know what I should be eating, but it's definitely hard to stay motivated when I am totally ravenous 24/7! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anyone have good meal/snack suggestions that are super low fat and don't contain a ton of dairy? My gall bladder is my nemesis and I am trying to prevent attacks by extremely limiting my fat consumption - things as simple as yogurt, cheese, avocado, ground beef have had too much fat for me to deal with.  

Gallstones are ruining my life. I'm on attack number 5 in 6 days and I've contemplated the ER three times now. 
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 that's a great idea. I didn't get to the gym this am and didn't go on a walk. My eating was ok, I stuck to a low salt diet today. My only slip up was that I had a little bag of gummy bears. Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Kellyj103 said:
    @Lindsayleigh1989 that's a great idea. I didn't get to the gym this am and didn't go on a walk. My eating was ok, I stuck to a low salt diet today. My only slip up was that I had a little bag of gummy bears. Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better!
    Hey if that's your only slip up don't feel too badly! My dr has the saying everything in moderation. We won't all be perfect everyday and that is okay :) I'm learning I need to have a lot more grace for myself on the hard days instead of beating myself down! 

Tomorrow is a new day :) but be proud of what you did do today 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 I like that idea too. I'm still recovering from stomach flu, so eating wasn't bad since I'm not as hungry as usual. I think I temporarily shrunk my stomach because I basically took in a net total of zero food for 24 hours. Wasn't feeling ready to get back on the treadmill today, but hoping to pick it back up Monday. My goal is 3x a week right now. I think I need the rest days between and our weekends are always crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @whataboutscience sorry to hear you were sick. Works been crazy so I haven't been around on the board too much this week so sorry if I missed that before! Do you run on the treadmill or walk? I also do 3x a week but highly reccomend stretching everyday. I have to for PT but I think it's awesome for our growing bodies and definitely iimpacts how well I sleep 

• Options
    I didn't do the best food wise today but I did drink 140 oz of water so that has got to cancel out the pizza right? 
  • Options
    I didn't do the best food wise today but I did drink 140 oz of water so that has got to cancel out the pizza right? 
    Holy water intake batman that's amazing! And yes it has to cancel out the pizza ;) 

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Yeah, the whole family was sick at once and it was no fun. I hope none of you ever have the misfortune of cleaning out a vomit filled car seat. Not only is it gross, but it's not easy and you have to be careful to keep it in safe condition. We're all doing better now though thankfully.

So to answer your question, I used to run until I had my daughter 1.5 years ago and then I got really bad about it. Trying to get back into it, I've been careful to keep my heart rate where my doctor wants it, hydrating well, listening to my body, etc. This means right now that I "jog" slower than DH walks. It gets my heart and body moving though. My church has a 5k coming up to support refugees and they encourage you to do it any pace. I will be about 6 months pregnant then, but I'd still like to not embarrass myself, so I'm trying to keep it up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @whataboutscience anyone doing a 5k especially for a cause as great as that as my respect add in being 6 months pregnant and I will fall down and shout "I'm not worthy ;) "

always good to listen to our bodies. I asked because I also used to run but had to give it up due to my piriformis diagnosis and now walk and steep incline it's a great workout :) 

also vomit car seat sounds absolutely awful glad to hear you are all at the tail end of the sickness! 

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Thanks! Glad you were able to find a work out that works for you. My excuse for quitting the treadmill was initially exhaustion from taking care of DD and later uncomfortableness from BFing (before she got up in the morning was NOT an option, but my preferred work out time). In reality, it just fell off my priority list.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @hreed7289 never too late to join in! Welcome! That job sounds amazing and I would struggle with willpower too! 

For me I tried to have a water bottle with me and a drink a certain amount before I could snack that helped me curb my mindless snacking yesterday 

• Options
    My weight gain hasn't been horrible, but it is definitely difficult for me to keep my eating under control these days. I feel like I am eating like a teenage boy and never seem to really feel full....its so tempting to eat an entire pizza! 
  • Options
    Hi! I don't post often but I'm glad I found this thread. For the past week I've been trying really hard to manage my weight
     I think I'm ok with exercise, 4 to 5 days a week cardio for 40 minutes and upper and lower body twice a week. It's the eating!! I'm ok with breakfast and lunch. But then for dinner I don't feel like cooking and don't know what to eat. It's like I need a prepared meal waiting for me at home lol. 
  • Options
    @FitMommy2015 if you have some extra time Saturday or Sunday, try writing down a menu and/or making a couple of things in advance so you can do leftovers during the week. Maybe just seeing what you planned on eating on a certain day will help so you don't have to come up with an idea. 
  • Options
    Exercise is easy for me because I absolutely love it. On weekdays, I have been running for 20 min. on my treadmill (usually get about 2.15 miles), and then doing one 20 minute segment of my Suzanne Bowen Fit and Lean Pregnancy video. Totally love that video! It's tough in a good way. Then on weekends, since I have more time, I run 5 or 6 miles outside. I take short walking breaks now.  My eating is pretty good too, but I have still gained almost 20 lbs at 22 weeks. It is what it is! I can't help it. My body obviously needs to gain the weight...
  • Options
    Weekends are rough for me. I can do fine with eating during the week because there's structure to my day. As soon as the weekend hits, it all goes out the window. 1.6lbs in salt/water weight overnight! Ugh.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I'm going to start doing elliptical again this week. I need to start meal planning but it overwhelms me and I never seem to get started. I will have to do better about this!

• Options
    RachelT1234RachelT1234 member
    edited March 2016
    I'm going to start doing elliptical again this week. I need to start meal planning but it overwhelms me and I never seem to get started. I will have to do better about this!
    exactly this. I know meal planning would solve so much for me, but I can't seem to plan beyond a couple of days. Once the weekend comes, it's hard to stay on track. Last night I ended up eating a bit too much candy also :(  curse this sweet tooth!
  • Options
    I definitely need help meal planning! @Y0urm0m can you share some healthy recipes with us? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    arhodes6arhodes6 member
    edited March 2016
    One of my favorite websites for healthy meals is Skinny Taste. There are so many different healthy meals on there that I have been making for years! Not only are they healthy, but for the most part they are all delicious!! This was my go-to website when I was dieting pre-pregnancy, and I have just started turning back to my favorite recipes to keep my weight at bay. I love it because they are easy, delicious, and she breaks down the calories and servings sizes to make it easy for tracking. Everything is archived by category, so if you are in the mood for chicken, there is a list of recipes for chicken. I love the crock pot section too, I turn to that at least once a week. I hope this helps!!  

Edited: words...
  • Options
    Totally forgot that I wanted to get up and work out this morning until it was late last night. Definitely planning that for tomorrow. DH and I are celebrating pi day, so it won't be my best eating day. Since I had stomach flu last week though, I feel like my stomach shrunk and I just can't eat as much though, so I've been taking less food in.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just went to see a new primary care doctor because I didn't like my old one. And she told me that they have a PERSONAL TRAINER ON STAFF and that my insurance covers me to see him twice a week if I want to! I almost cried I was so excited! I had no idea my insurance would cover something like that, so I recommend everyone do some investigating and maybe you have secret benefits you don't know about! 
    That's amazing.  I wish all Drs/insurance were able to do this... it depends on the motivation of the patient, but it really is one of the best preventative "medicines"!!
  • Options
    Well with ms sucking the life from me I caved and had ice cream I feel guilty but it did soothe my poor sore throat. Didn't have the energy to get to the gym today. Back at it tomorrow 

• Options
    I was healthy and ate a big salad with some salmon for dinner...and then a huge piece of key lime pie later. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 don't worry about it! It's way better not to push yourself and get even more sick. Plus, it sounds like you had it rough and totally deserve that ice cream.

I had Baskin Robbins on Saturday. I have no excuse other than I couldn't stop thinking about it for days.  I'm going for a long walk tonight!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Kellyj103 said:
    @Lindsayleigh1989 don't worry about it! It's way better not to push yourself and get even more sick. Plus, it sounds like you had it rough and totally deserve that ice cream.

I had Baskin Robbins on Saturday. I have no excuse other than I couldn't stop thinking about it for days.  I'm going for a long walk tonight!

Thanks! Haha yum! Glad you are getting a walk in though! I appreciate the support! 

• Options
    i worked out today for the first time in 3 weeks.  it was sooo difficult.  even though i swear i'm taking it easy, i feel out of breath immediately. 

in other news, my 2yo DS demanded pizza for lunch.  he literally had one bite of cheesy doughy goodness before declaring "all done!" i ate the rest. sigh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Have you been sick the whole time? I can't believe you've managed to work out at all. I would completely give myself a free pass. Maybe go for walks, but nothing more strenuous. Good for you trying to keep it up!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Have you been sick the whole time? I can't believe you've managed to work out at all. I would completely give myself a free pass. Maybe go for walks, but nothing more strenuous. Good for you trying to keep it up!
    Oh no I haven't been sick the whole time. It seems to come and go but also my workouts are far from amazing! It is water aerobics once or twice a week and then mainly walking :)