Trying to Get Pregnant

Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday

We haven't had one of these in a while, so I thought I'd get one going.  The theme is "11 Days Until Spring"!
Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)

Wine:  What drink would/will you have to celebrate the beginning of Spring?

Whine:  Was there anything (other than getting KU) that you wanted to do this winter and didn't get to?
Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

Re: Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday

• Good call bringing this back, @MrsDho11!

Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)
    March Madness and the Kentucky Derby.  My H and I go to the Derby every year with friends and it's also special because it marks our dating anniversary every year.  

A nice, cold summery wheat beer.  

Whine:  Was there anything (other than getting KU) that you wanted to do this winter and didn't get to?
    We had initially talked about doing a Key West trip in February, but then I kept putting it off hoping I'd be KU and wouldn't want to be in a drinking destination.  Clearly, I made the wrong call.  Womp womp.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cool!

Win: This is the first year since we've been together that DH and I will actually have an entire weekend together. He got a promotion in the fall which means he only works M-F. I'm looking forward to just having weekends with nice weather together!

Wine: Not much of a drinker but a mamosa does sound good!

Whine: I would have liked to get a little further on the novel I'm writing. But I'm so critical of myself that I can't help but write then fix write then fix. It really holds the whole process up!
  • Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  Tulip festival!  Progressively longer days!  And maybe some warmth, but people say it's jackets until after 4th of July.

Wine:  What drink would/will you have to celebrate the beginning of Spring?  Since it'll still likely be overcast and cold, a smooth stout or black lager.

Whine:  Was there anything that you wanted to do this winter and didn't get to?  I got to wake up to snow twice and go sledding once, so I call that a successful winter.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)
    We bought our first house in the fall, and I am beyond excited to swag up our backyard.  Our flatmate and I have been texting garden plans back and forth all morning.  I built a compost bin last weekend, and I'm pretty sure that's what made winter go away with sheer force of will.

SHANDY.  As much as I love my stouts, shandy is perfection in the spring.

I currently have 22 days to start using my sewing machine or else it goes to Goodwill, per an agreement between my partner and I last fall.  Need to get on that ASAP.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @thefarmerswife0411 I love Moscow Mules!! I definitely recommend making them with blueberry vodka when you wanna mix things up a little. It's so delicious!

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• oohh, this is a fun one!

Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)
    getting our house presentable and having a house warming party!

arnold palmers and pineapple iced tea

getting unpacked and finally getting all of my stuff out of my parents' house
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited March 2016
    Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)  Boating, hiking, fishing, getting more outside time with DS.  ETA - baseball games.  Can't wait for the first of the season at our minor league park.

Wine:  What drink would/will you have to celebrate the beginning of Spring?  Well, I already started since I'm  WTO, I'm drinking all the things over here.  Had a summer shandy yesterday that was delicious.  I also love a vodka and ruby red grapefruit juice. 

Whine:  Was there anything (other than getting KU) that you wanted to do this winter and didn't get to? Lose weight.  I do all the cooking and when it's cold I want comfort food, not grilled salmon.  I also wanted to buy new furniture for our family room, but lots of unexpected bills had other plans for that money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)  I am sooo looking forward to the time change this weekend so I have more daylight time after work to take the puppies for walks in the evening.  Also just being able to chill on the deck and grill dinners.

Wine:  What drink would/will you have to celebrate the beginning of Spring?  Either a really oaky chardonnay or gin & limeade with a splash of club (kinda a Tom Collins) 

Whine:  Was there anything (other than getting KU) that you wanted to do this winter and didn't get to?  I wanted to get most of the house painted and only ended up with 2/3 of the first floor and 1 wall of our bedroom done.   I painted swatches in the dining room the other day & have confirmed my paint choice.  I think I need to committ to doing that room this weekend.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• ladystinsonladystinson member
    edited March 2016
    @Dilynne omg this!

This will sound pathetic - when we bought the house 2 years ago we painted our bedroom and we have yet to put the outlet and switch covers back on.  We really need to do that but now I want to repaint the room...

We only moved in in November but my bedroom outlet plates are currently being held on by the things which are plugged in and the only reason the kitchen got them back on is because we had 3 mice get through the wall there (they chewed the drywall so I had to get an extra large plate, ugh) its just too much work to put them on after all the work of painting lol

ETA: Our house is backed up to an alfalfa field and woods so we at least have country mice not city mice lol I don't like to give the impression of a dirty house 
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm new around here... can I play? :)

Win: 
    What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)
    I just found out I was chosen to run the NYC marathon, so getting back into a long lost routine to hopefully take my mind off TTGP.

Moscato, always my favorite

Lots of sewing projects I wanted to finish but didn't. 

Katie
  • Win: What are you looking forward to this spring?  (Other than hopefully being KTFU.)
    Just the warmer weather. We don't have anything exciting coming up. Oh I guess our basement being finished.

Glass of Moscoto I guess.

I still need to start my wedding scrapbook (it's only been 18 months!)

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• @MrsBinPA - I was confused because I read your post as a 'really okay chardonnay' And I was thinking that your normally hit up the Franzia.  I'm slightly dyslexic, so words sometimes trick my brain, but that gave me a good chuckle this afternoon that you were looking forward to an okay glass of Chardonnay.  Don't set the bar too high, now!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @mrsstuessy lol, what city do you live in? Your whole situation sounds exactly like mine--apartment in a large city that saw freezing rain, no snow. Very blech and uninteresting winter, overall.

We just finished making all of our arrangements for a month-long trip to Denmark and Iceland starting in early May. I love traveling but it's been a year since I've been abroad, so I'm really excited to be doing something again.

My go-to wine is Argentinian Malbecs, but since I'm thinking about Iceland, I'm really excited that I'm going to get to have Icelandic birch, which is a spicy schnapps made from birch tree that has a sort of honey taste to it.

We moved into our apartment near the end of last summer and I've really wanted to paint one of our living room walls a bright green color and decorate it with a bunch of large prints of photos I've taken, but I keep putting it off because it's so much work (and money).
  • Win: I am most looking forward to using my Botanical Garden membership!

Wine: Mimosas for mornings, mojitos for afternoons.

Whine: We've had the cash to (DIY) rip out all our old flooring and install new laminate forever now, but H has been under pressure at work so he doesn't want to start it. I really hope this doesn't end up like the deck project where I ended up doing all.the.things.

My 1 year anniversary! It's less than a week away and DH and I are going to the Renaissance Festival to celebrate with our dorky selves and drink mead.

DH and I saved a bottle from San Sebastian Winery during our honeymoon in St. Augustine. We plan on opening it the night of our anniversary.
    Click to see larger image
    "This wine is balanced to express intense fruit flavor derived from the Noble variety of the Native Muscadine grape. Vintners Red is sure to raise an eyebrow and a second glass. Served slightly chilled this wine is a great complement to any pasta dish as well as for just sitting and relaxing."

Whine:  
    Was there anything (other than getting KU) that you wanted to do this winter and didn't get to?

I really wanted to lose weight. Unfortunately I can't give birth at a birth center unless I have a BMI of 35 or lower, so that's what I'm trying to do before getting KU.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • @TotororyInLove - that mead hits you like a ton of bricks... Be careful.  I drank a pitcher of it in a castle in Ireland and didn't drink for a full month after.  Mead is now a literal and figurative 4 letter word. Happy 1 year anniversary!!!  

Pregnancy Ticker     

We just finished making all of our arrangements for a month-long trip to Denmark and Iceland starting in early May. I love traveling but it's been a year since I've been abroad, so I'm really excited to be doing something again.

My go-to wine is Argentinian Malbecs, but since I'm thinking about Iceland, I'm really excited that I'm going to get to have Icelandic birch, which is a spicy schnapps made from birch tree that has a sort of honey taste to it.
    Iceland is so lovely; we went for our honeymoon. Have you been before?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • MamaMunn said:
    @thefarmerswife0411 I love Moscow Mules!! I definitely recommend making them with blueberry vodka when you wanna mix things up a little. It's so delicious!

OooOo!! DH loves blueberries, totally gonna have to look into that!

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• @mrsdaddario I love that you're writing a novel! I keep starting children's books, getting frustrated, then leaving them forever.

@QueenSunscreen What the heck is a Moscow Mule? And why do I seem to be the only person that's never heard of it? I'm not hip with the kids.

Win: Closing on our first house!! My whole life revolves around this house until closing.

Wine:  Hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I think there's a Starbucks frappucino in my future... Also might need to pick up some mead after reading @TotororyInLove's post. (Also... TOTOROOOOO!!)

Whine:  Wanted to try lessons in snowshoeing, downhill skiing, snowboarding, xc skiing, and/or curling. I did approximately 0 of these. Winning!

• DiFazette said:
    @TotororyInLove - that mead hits you like a ton of bricks... Be careful.  I drank a pitcher of it in a castle in Ireland and didn't drink for a full month after.  Mead is now a literal and figurative 4 letter word. Happy 1 year anniversary!!!  
    Thanks so much for the warm wishes!
    As for the mead, oh I know, trust me. I actually first had it in Ireland on a study abroad trip. Ever since then its my favorite drink! They serve a brand called Pirate's Booty at my hometown ren fest and it is delish!
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • @mrsdaddario I love that you're writing a novel! I keep starting children's books, getting frustrated, then leaving them forever.

@QueenSunscreen What the heck is a Moscow Mule? And why do I seem to be the only person that's never heard of it? I'm not hip with the kids.

Win: Closing on our first house!! My whole life revolves around this house until closing.

Wine:  Hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I think there's a Starbucks frappucino in my future... Also might need to pick up some mead after reading @TotororyInLove's post. (Also... TOTOROOOOO!!)

Whine:  Wanted to try lessons in snowshoeing, downhill skiing, snowboarding, xc skiing, and/or curling. I did approximately 0 of these. Winning!

Lol liked that pun about Totoro did ya? :-)

Mead is delicious my friend. Definitely pick some up if you can find it in your area.

Also congratulations on the house closing! Woot woot!
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • @LittleMissTimeLord  I have no idea if they're hip, but my love for each of the ingredients led me to it. It's vodka, ginger beer, and fresh lime juice, traditionally served in a copper mug. I pour the vodka and ginger beer like a typical cocktail over ice - amounts vary depending on how fuzzy I want to be - and squeeze in a quarter of a lime.  So refreshing!  
    Me - 30  DH - 36
    Married 10/12/13
    TTC #1 since 10/15
    Chart!
  • Win: Begin working on our yard and garden (six years later). 

Wine: Mango margarita on the rocks with salt!

Whine:  My grandma passed away last year and left me with the family photo albums as well as some vintage furniture. I planned on making individual albums for each family member and restore the furniture for my house but everything is still sitting in boxes...
  • @TheJerilu We made the mistake of spending a month in Reykjavik in December a year and a half ago, haha. It was beautiful and Christmas-y but boy was it a snowy mess. Hopefully your honeymoon there was during warmer months :)
  • Win: I'm looking forward to starting a veggie garden for the second year! Last year was moderately successful so I'm really excited about learning from my mistakes and getting even better (and thus producing more food!)

Wine: I think I will celebrate with a lemon drop to represent the bright sweetness that comes with spring for me. 

Whine: I wanted to train for a 5k this winter and with DH and I buying a house it just didn't happen. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • canavara said:
    @TheJerilu We made the mistake of spending a month in Reykjavik in December a year and a half ago, haha. It was beautiful and Christmas-y but boy was it a snowy mess. Hopefully your honeymoon there was during warmer months :)
    A month would be lovely - I'm so jealous!  We went for two weeks from Reykjavik to Akureyri in the autumn (actually... a few weeks before you visited haha).  While I loved the weather because there was no snow to drive through but the beginning of aurora season, we're hoping to go back sometime either in winter for the snows or in the summer for the midnight sun.  Are you planning on staying in Reykjavik again or will you be heading round the Ring Road?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • LecoolLecool member
    edited March 2016
    @MrsDho11 I totally forgot that Mojitos even exist. That sounds amazing and I want one now. 

@FiancB Whoa! Those photos are awesome. So cool.

@dogmomwantinghuman I know what you mean about the wedding album...I have bought frames with intentions of making a gallery wall of wedding photos, but have yet to get any photos printed so right now I just have a bunch of empty frames lying in a pile...and it's been almost a year.

@canavara That sounds like an amazing vacation!

@LittleMissTimeLord Congrats on the house purchase! Closing on a house totally takes over your life. I told H we are never moving because buying a house is too much of a pain.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Lol liked that pun about Totoro did ya? :-)

Mead is delicious my friend. Definitely pick some up if you can find it in your area.

Also congratulations on the house closing! Woot woot!

Does your RenFest have the mixed drinks too? My mom is a huge fan of the bee sting (one part mead to two parts hard cider).