March 2016 Moms
Options

I'm irritated! Rawr!

So I'm just having a day. 1. I'm glad I'm about done with this pregnancy and super glad I'm having a march baby and not a June or July baby, today was the first warm day here in NE (almost 80°) and I was dying. Sweating and huffing and puffing. 2. I'm 38+1 and I had my weekly check this week after going to L&D Friday with false labor. I was 1 cm the whole time and having contractions every 2-4 min but did not progress so they gave us the choice to go home or stay and we obviously decided to go home so we could be comfortable at home and not rack up crazy bills. At my appt today I was still 1 cm. It's okay and I want baby to cook as long as possible, I'm just uncomfortable and ready to meet little man. 3. My manager at work STILL has not covered my shifts nor does she have anyone to work and is acting like it's my responsibility to get them covered when they have known for 8 months now that this was coming. She has me scheduled all the way up until the 18th (EDD 3/20) working very long tough bartending shifts where it's possible to not get a break for 10 to 12 hours at a time. Don't get me wrong I want to work because a little extra cash flow here at the end wouldn't be bad, I just don't want to over do it or go into labor or have my water break in the middle of a crowded bar on Friday night. Rawr! 4. We got our deposit check back from our last apartment, which was tiny due to our disgusting roommates and we can't even get the dang thing deposited without everyone being there. 
Just lots of irritating things all in one day and I can tell I'm just hormonal and 8 1/2 months pregnant and swollen. But it seems like everytime a problem gets solved something else pops up. I know this is just life and I'm always thankful for the petty problems I do have and that were not struggling with something terrible or debilitating. I just needed to vent. So please vent with me if you need to! Also sorry for how long this is. 

Re: I'm irritated! Rawr!

• Options
    Been on business calls all morning while having contractions. It's terrible. This has been going on for weeks, EDD not until Friday, induction not until 41w. 

SO DONE. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have had to remind myself that everyone else is not responsible for how miserable I am, both emotionally & physically, so that I'm not lashing out.

I have major water retention, to a point it's painful & I can't undress by myself at the end of the day. Everything hurts. I resent that there's nothing anyone can/will do to alleviate the problem even though it's out of my control.

I have gestational diabetes & even though I went on medication a month ago I'm still grumpy about what I can't eat...which is basically everything. I'm tired of protein shakes. I'm tired of lettuce. I'm tired of getting one bite of bread & only one glass of milk a day. I'm just tired. I want a big box of donuts & a gallon of milk - that's my after-birth meal plan. 

Baby J - according to yesterday's SONO - could be almost 11 lbs already (because, in theory of the GD) & I'm 38+4 weeks. They want to schedule a c-section & I was already struggling with the idea of early induction. I wanted to give her the opportunity to come on her own. :( 

I feel like I haven't prepared enough, made enough lists, left enough instructions, etc. at work for my boss & the temp who is coming in to cover my maternity leave & there's a guilt there if something is left hanging in the balance. 

Just...overwhelmed, annoyed, tired, sore, all the things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maelic, we share a due date. I have to give a presentation to senior leadership (CIO, VPs) today and I was sooo hoping I wouldn't be here by now. Oh well. Guess I at least have a very obvious excuse in case I mess something up :blush: 
    imageimage

• Options
    mamaroarmamaroar member
    edited March 2016
    @rlbjones I don't think I have GD but my doctor does so I've agreed to be on the diet.  I am so done with it too.  There is a grocery store near the hospital and I have told my husband that as soon as we're all done and everything is good he is to immediately go buy me a box of Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or similar, and a half gallon of WHOLE milk, and then I'll just be eating that until I'm satisfied, thank you very much!

After this I am NEVER eating another whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter again.  EVER.
  • Options
    @mamaroar I have been eating cereal here & there but then drink a Muscle Milk afterward to counteract the sugar. My mom says I'm 'cheating around cheating' with my protein jumps. I just want sugar!